Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
we're closed

Waste Repository (A Doom II Limit-Removing Map)

Welcome to my newest map! This time, it's some sort of subverted corrupted base without any particular backstory. Enjoy~

Edited by we're closed

Pretty standard fare, but I liked the tight ammo balance. I noticed one bug along the way: if you ride up elevator in the baron/sousphere alcove, you will become stuck. It seems there is a HOM there, too.

16 hours ago, Caleb13 said:

Pretty standard fare, but I liked the tight ammo balance. I noticed one bug along the way: if you ride up elevator in the baron/sousphere alcove, you will become stuck. It seems there is a HOM there, too.

The HOM is still there and u can still get stuck? That's weird, I made sure to fix it. I even remember having to write that there was such a problem in the OP, and updated it after uploading the fixed version. I probably uploaded the wrong version after all bruh

EDIT: Fixed-

EDIT 2: I'm confused no matter what it can't be fixed

EDIT 3: I fixed it now I swear

Edited by elio.exe

I completed Waste Repository waste_repository.wad with LZDoom on Hurt Me Plenty, this is a basic Doom 2 map, 74/100. There is nothing great about this map, there is actually nothing wrong with the map either. This map actually took me at least 15 minutes to complete the map, which is a long time for a basic Doom 2 map. There are not many challenging areas in the map. There are damaging floors, most of the time you will be able to avoid the damaging floors. There are dark areas in the map, and I do not see many dark areas in maps that I have tested. The map is well balanced out, and I suggest increasing the difficulty of the map to increase the level of suspense. You would want to catch people by surprise.

Played it in HNTR in Crispy Doom, it was a cool small episode 2 style level.

I liked the secrets, though I recommend that you flag the linedefs leading to the secrets with the 'secret' flag so that they look like normal walls on the automap.