Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

14 minutes ago, Esperpento said:

Nice map, fun and challenging! I liked the traps/monster closets, I've found them fair overall. Good vanilla D2 texturing and lighting, the theme is consistent through the whole level. 

The gameplay is fun in UV, I was a little short on ammo because I couldn't find any secrets until I activated prboom+ compatibility with common mapping errors, as mentioned above, remote door actions require a tag for the door, you can solve this giving a tag to each door or you could change the action to a local door type (no tag needed in this case). With this fixed there wouldn't be no ammo shortage.

All in all it's a very good first map, keep 'em coming!!!

thanks  thats rlly nice and i will try to fix the doors

So,i played your map.And its a very a good one for a first one.You maneged to surprise me cause i wasn't expecting so many traps for a beginner mapper.I had to be constanly on the move which was great.I can see why its very doom 1 inspired cause the theme is a toxic factory plus the small computer area near the exit.Ammo pickups were scarce so i had to avoid the tougher monsters.Overall,i had fun and i am looking forward seeing your next maps in the future!

I played your map and I must say it is very good for your first map (mine was way worse haha). But there were some doors that had too large door tracks.

Bugs: I couldn't open the door to the room with the two former soldiers. (Idk if this was intentional.)

9 hours ago, Steiner said:

I played your map and I must say it is very good for your first map (mine was way worse haha). But there were some doors that had too large door tracks.

Bugs: I couldn't open the door to the room with the two former soldiers. (Idk if this was intentional.) 

that is not a bug  its actually a secret  ( the way to open it  is open the secret door and grab the soul sphere and then the door will be open  :)

11 hours ago, Boomdav said:

So,i played your map.And its a very a good one for a first one.You maneged to surprise me cause i wasn't expecting so many traps for a beginner mapper.I had to be constanly on the move which was great.I can see why its very doom 1 inspired cause the theme is a toxic factory plus the small computer area near the exit.Ammo pickups were scarce so i had to avoid the tougher monsters.Overall,i had fun and i am looking forward seeing your next maps in the future!

thats rly  nice  thx  im glad you like it  :)

The room from the 2nd screenshot has a strong resemblance to the E1M2 computer "maze" from D1

In the evening I'll make myself some time to test your map, and I will give you some feedback as well

Nice short full packed action wad for a first map. Played UV Tactical with Brutal Doom. I'm also new here on the forums coming from a huge break from doom editing.

A little con is that one of my deaths was because I passed right through some bars in the area where the cacos spawn and feel right into the hands of a baron. I believe those linedefs should be impassable?

Had some deaths and so I had to use some neat monster infighting, but overall nice job on the difficulty settings. Looking forward to seeing more wads from you.

On 8/2/2021 at 5:07 PM, FranziskaVonCaco said:

ohh okay well  good to know  i just havent heard some one use the  word " curious " for that i always thought thats meant to be like in , i am very curious as in very interested so i thought omg what has the map developed a brain or-  you get the idea lmao sorry for the confusion  :)

and the red door and the other empty room they have been removed as i had purpose for them and i have also extended the map , so there is a secret at the end in the newer version that ive posted and if you find that , you re gonna get another fight at the end i also had a general idea which is inspired by doom eternals slayer gates so basically i hate key hunts in doom so i thought hey what if i only have the blue and the yellow key to be keys that open doors and only use the red key to to make slayer gates which then will be marked as secrets every where ? well wouldnt that be a neat idea ?

You are right, I am also sorry for the kind of words that I have used with you, I still cannot master English well with respect to the things I say, huh

And yes, it may sound like an interesting idea, the truth is that it would not hurt to try that kind of mechanics in future maps, at least for me, it would be great to see something like that.

P.S.: I'm sorry I responded a little late...

After several days here is my review (and a video as well)

I tested the map and I have to say: it is a great map! It is fun, intense, easy to navigate, and its length its not too short, but it isn't too long either.

In terms of combat it can be as enjoyable as a Knee-Deep in the Dead map. Enemies are easy to attack, you can cause a lot of infighting, which is something I always like to trigger whenever I have the opportunity. Considering that in the last days I've been playing TNT and I had to deal with its annoying hitscanners shooting me from thousands of meters away from my range, it is something very pleasant

When it comes to aesthetics I have only good things to mention as well. I like its texturing style too, which is clearly influenced by Knee-Deep in the Dead maps (that computer maze at the ending shares a strong resemblence with E1M2 computer maze)

In conclusion: the map gameplay is pretty enjoyable, since basically is like playing an D1 E1 map, of course with Doom 2 elements inserted in. Something I would like to see in the future is another map made in this style: a Doom 2 map heavily influenced by Knee-Deep in the Dead, and this other map should be longer and should have more enemies and weapons (I don't know why but I would have loved to battle some arachnatrons using the Plasma Gun or the Rocket Launcher)

And here is the video!

I have playing this wad, and omfg it's so goddamn hard for keyboard players! The level design it's very good, but the way that some of the demons are positionated it's just strange... in the way that almost every monster that i see, I watch them fighting together and the 50% of them kill themselves. Although this makes sense because is your very first map, it's very funny anyways.

There's some other things that doesn't make sense like the red door but that doesn't affect the gameplay. I really like this wad because its a really good challenge.