Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Engired

Try to recreate Doom 2 from memory! (Finished)

26 minutes ago, Cacodemon187 said:

Here's my midi! I forgot the second half of the theme but I assume it's just the first one but with a higher pitch.

shawn_got_gun

Pretty cursed, to me it feels like it constantly builds up to iconic part, but iconic part never starts, because you just stuck with guitar riffs. Good riffs though.

4 maps left. I can't wait to stream this. I'll probably end up being a beta tester for the full WAD. xD Also, since we have Map 33, does that mean we'll have to go back to Underhalls and add the secret exit to it if it's not there already?

18 hours ago, Cacodemon187 said:

Here's my midi! I forgot the second half of the theme but I assume it's just the first one but with a higher pitch.

shawn_got_gun

pretty iconic, a little more drum but you skipped the 'heavy' part. 

My only criticism is that it doesn't loop-around well. 

i can't wait to play this wad, recently i have been playing wads with decino.wad to make them funnier

Here is my MAP13: Realistic City

MAP13.rar

Difficulty: Yes

Multiplayer: Coop/DM starts

Tested with: Crispy Doom, GZDoom

Spoiler

Screenshot-Doom-20211109-164821.png

Screenshot-Doom-20211109-164736.png

Screenshot-Doom-20211109-164754.png

Screenshot-Doom-20211109-164815.png

A reminder that the deadline is very close. I'll compile everything soon, so we can start testing.

It's getting really too late for comfort, I need to hear something from these people, or the slots are open for anybody else:

@FranziskaVonCaco @Plank_Guy_89 @Nuxius @VisionThing(Songs listed as not completed?)

If there is anything I missed about quitting or anything, let me know so I can open up the slots.

I'm going to do DOOM if nobody else can do it, and once everything is in, I'll start a compilation.

I'm currently looking at a December release, maybe around Christmas.

On 11/14/2021 at 5:54 AM, Engired said:

It's getting really too late for comfort, I need to hear something from these people, or the slots are open for anybody else:

@FranziskaVonCaco @Plank_Guy_89 @Nuxius @VisionThing(Songs listed as not completed?)

If there is anything I missed about quitting or anything, let me know so I can open up the slots.

I'm going to do DOOM if nobody else can do it, and once everything is in, I'll start a compilation.

I'm currently looking at a December release, maybe around Christmas.

Sorry for my silence, I've got a bit too much going on IRL to be able to give this the attention it needs. Feel free to open up my spots!

I'll hurry my behind up on my track.

PS: the deadline says 1/10/2021.  Not sure if that's supposed to mean 11/10/2021, 12/10/2021, or 1/10/2022.  Regardless I'll still try to get it done by tomorrow or the next day.

On 11/18/2021 at 11:34 AM, Robo_Cola said:

PS: the deadline says 1/10/2021.  Not sure if that's supposed to mean 11/10/2021, 12/10/2021, or 1/10/2022.  Regardless I'll still try to get it done by tomorrow or the next day.

DMY, no mistakes. I have disregarded that though, and have moved to pushing people to finish instead.

Hi everyone.

Unfortunately, back in September, my community got hit by a hurricane and I received some pretty significant damage from the storm. Whilst dealing with the aftermath, I completely forgot about this project.

Although the final version of my map is gone forever, I do have a incomplete backup somewhere around here. Give me the weekend and I will try to find it and upload it so someone else can finish it.

Just checked the thread for the first time in a while and it looks like some MIDI slots opened back up? Nice! I was having trouble falling asleep so I remade Countdown To Death in like 20 minutes. Go nuts.

Who Hacked Into My Gantlet?!.mid

Also, I'm noticing just now that @Korp also made a D_RUNNIN cover. Feel free to drop my cover and use Korp's, theirs is a bit closer (and therefore more cursed).

On 11/20/2021 at 10:50 PM, RastaManGames said:

Is MAP25 slot still a viable?

Yes, I don't think anyone else has taken it yet.

2 hours ago, Engired said:

Yes, I don't think anyone else has taken it yet.

Then i want to participate. One question: What about quality? Can i add some details or i must just create map from my memories?

On 11/20/2021 at 10:52 AM, Cammy said:

Also, I'm noticing just now that @Korp also made a D_RUNNIN cover.

Running from Evil was used twice in the game, why not use both arrangements?

Just now, ViolentBeetle said:

Running from Evil was used twice in the game, why not use both arrangements?

I'm already doing that with a couple songs, and it works well.

39 minutes ago, RastaManGames said:

Then i want to participate. One question: What about quality? Can i add some details or i must just create map from my memories?

Add some details, but be simple. Just don't go over the top.

On 11/22/2021 at 4:16 PM, Engired said:

Add some details, but be simple. Just don't go over the top.

Alright. Then i wanna start as soon as possible.

P.S.: Marked up some geometry (as i remembered it). After short break gonna place some enemies, items and etc. Not sure about deathmatch things and skill settings ('cause i am gonna definitely mess up with these), but i want to try it anyways.

Edited by RastaManGames : Added "P.S." section...

I rewrote the Countdown midi from memory (MAP03 of Doom 2) with the final section of the song more industrial rock-like.

DOWNLOAD

Awww, it was kinda pain to create a map for vanilla. I experienced classic bug with crash because of several lift sectors with tag 0.
Also, while testing i was in pain due to infinite tall actors, Mancubi fireball that hit me thru the wall that was kinda big (~48 units) and lost souls that spawned in the wall.
But, good or bad, here is my crappy & janky map!

MAP25: "Bloodbath". That name was on my tongue for few hours.
Difficulty Settings: Easy/Medium/Hard. I tried to make playthrough kinda interesting for each difficulty.
Multiplayer Mode: 4 player starts for cooperative and 16 player starts for deathmatch along with exclusive multiplayer-only items.
Tested With: Crispy Doom/GZDoom.

MAP25 On G.Drive  

Edited by RastaManGames : Tested it with GZDoom...

I have heard nothing from @FranziskaVonCaco, so the slot is open until I hear something about it. I'll give the slot back if I can get an update, but it is starting to push it too far. Hopefully there's a backup of @Nuxius's map somewhere.  We only have those two maps left, and I think we don't have any or many songs left.

4 hours ago, Engired said:

I have heard nothing from @FranziskaVonCaco, so the slot is open until I hear something about it.

@FranziskaVonCaco joined August 1 and last visited August 6 so yeah opening up the slot was a good decision as the user is inactive.