Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
we're closed

Limit-removing Doom II maps compilation #2

I've compiled my latest 6 maps, after the first compilation, which I genuinely enjoy, so there are no new maps here, if that's what y'all were expecting. I'm going on vacation, and, aside from that, I simply don't feel like mapping for some reason. These compilation might just start becoming a thing from now on. Anyways, the maps included are:

Edited by we're closed

I was just going to post in one of your threads and suggest you make a compilation, cuz you make maps faster than I can play them haha

12 hours ago, Vorpal said:

cuz you make maps faster than I can play them haha

And all maps have consistently good quality as well!

Hi elio, i give a little try to your mapset on Ultra-Violence with Project Brutality 3.0, I have to admit that these maps have some very interesting texturing and detailing (the map03 was my favourite, and map04 has a really nice lightning, you emulate shadows very well), but the levels are very confusing, it happened to me in almost all of being several minutes looking for the switch that opens a door, to another switch that opens another door.

Also in terms of resources, the map feels like there is a lot of contrast, for example in map 01 you have 2 stimpacks and some bonuses, but a secret supercharge (still fair maps), and the shotgun ammunition is scarce and the ammunition for chaingun is very much left over (playing vanilla, the opposite happened actually).

Finally, I know that this is just a compilation, but as the mapset progress is broken, we have the ssg in the first map, in the second we face 2 bosses but in the map03 there are pure zombieman and shotguner, but we already have the rocket laucher.

Away from all of that is a really fun mapset to hang out. you have a lot of potential, I hope this helps you. Greetings! 

Edited by Feden05

13 hours ago, Feden05 said:

Hi elio, i give a little try to your mapset on Ultra-Violence with Project Brutality 3.0

(...)
Also in terms of resources, the map feels unbalanced

Please, don't do that. It's not fair to map designers.

I know it was not your intention, but that's the deal: Gameplay mods are made to change the game. Doesn't matter if it's Project Brutality or D4V - any perception of balance under these circunstances will be off, no matter how good the mod is.

Edited by Noiser

3 hours ago, Noiser said:

Please, don't do that. It's not fair to map designers.

I know it was not your intention, but that's the deal: Gameplay mods are made to change the game. Doesn't matter if it's Project Brutality or D4V - any perspective of balance under these circunstances will be off, no matter how good the mod is.

you're right, I didn't realize it, when I can I'll try it vanilla and edit my review. apologies

It's all right, that's a common mistake and you are very cool for understanding (welcome to the forums btw!)

Edited by Noiser