Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLOTH MARINE (CB)

Creepy Videogame music thread

The whole ost is a total mind rape, highly recommended even when the game may feel Off sometimes.

1 hour ago, [McD]James said:

RE2 save room

No way, not when this exists:

A good deal of me getting out of the basement was because of this playing, even after clearing out the BOWs there.

I don't know if either piece is considered music though, especially with that Drone of Dread.

Ohhh, my time to shine~

Damnation from Quake: the background sounds that creep into the music as it progresses do excellent work at leaving you ill at ease, in perfect conjunction with the dire-sounding percussion.

Regenerator Theme from Resident Evil 4: has a somewhat similar vibe as Damnation upon reflection, although this particular track is coupled with an encounter with one of the most unnerving creatures in the entire Resident Evil franchise. It's a bit more discordant than Damnation as well, which helps to make you feel like you have less of a grasp on the impending situation.

So Cold from Undertale: technically this track doesn't have a name, on account of it being a heavily distorted version of the track Snowy that you hear earlier in the game. The distortion is different every time too, which means that it occurs ingame instead of being its own music file. It gets especially poignant when you realize that there's a distinct reason for this particular track choice, but I'd rather not spoil for those who haven't yet tried the game for themselves.

And lastly, Unknown Body from Terminal Velocity: this one I discovered in MIDI form when I played 32 Inch Nails for the first time. I can't really comment on its usage in Terminal Velocity, but Eternal uses it masterfully in the penultimate map and it's been stuck in my head ever since.

All these games have great music, ranging from somber, reflective tunes to complete atonal dissonance that can barely be classified as music.

The most creepiest boss + music I've ever seen in a videogame. I'm glad that I didn't learnt about it as a kid or else I would have nightmares

From a very obscure surgery game.  This music playing when you examine patients make me feel anxious and worried.

Honestly this was the only time I eventually turned the music off because I found a track too unsettling:

Dunno if this is suitable in this thread, but the original material is Doom-related and I kinda want to post it.

This song, featured in a Mario Creepypasta (apparently), is a heavily edited version of the track played in Alien Vendetta's MAP20: Misri Halek. 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, hybridial said:

Honestly this was the only time I eventually turned the music off because I found a track too unsettling:

I actually like it, despite of the creepy and disturbing nature of the song. And, from that same game, add the Asylum track and the home improvement kiĺler stage track (this one also has the creepiest stage of them all)

6 hours ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

No way, not when this exists:

A good deal of me getting out of the basement was because of this playing, even after clearing out the BOWs there.

I don't know if either piece is considered music though, especially with that Drone of Dread.

tbh, the fear theme was the first track that came to my mind when i saw the thread title. 

also silent hill of course.

These songs always creep me out, (also Cry of fear and is a great game and I recommend you try it out)

11 hours ago, CrystalHawk_Doom said:

[River Twygz Bed]

Pretty ballin' track though.

To me this track is quintessentially how you do a creepy piece of music. It really gets under my skin. One afternoon while I had a YouTube playlist on in the background, my computer suddenly seized up for a minute or two, and coincidentally the playlist started autoplaying this. Not a track that you want to be hearing unexpectedly, even during broad daylight.