Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dagainz

More Master Levels

I have the base game and I can see 3 Master Levels available. Are there going to be more or are there Master Levels that are exclusive from the DLCs?

For me this is what most resembles the old Doom/FPS genre oldschool and it was honestly the best part of the game so far.

Who needs master levels when u got pex. 

Edited by OniriA

There are currently four Master Levels: Cultist Base, ARC Complex, Super Gore Nest, and most recently, Taras Nabad. The Cultist Base Master Level can only be unlocked by purchasing the Rip and Tear pack from a storefront. The next major game update will apparently include two Master Levels: The World Spear (DLC 2) and an unknown one (it will be revealed tomorrow on Hugo's livestream).

There are also two "locked" official Master Levels (Hell on Earth and Exultia) that have existed in the game files for a very long time and have to be unlocked by mods in order to be played. There are also fan-made mods that create their own Master Levels, ex: Proteh's Reclaimed Earth Master Level. There's even two "Master Campaigns" by Delta that replace every level in the base game and DLC 1.

1 hour ago, AtimZarr1 said:

There are currently four Master Levels: Cultist Base, ARC Complex, Super Gore Nest, and most recently, Taras Nabad. The Cultist Base Master Level can only be unlocked by purchasing the Rip and Tear pack from a storefront. The next major game update will apparently include two Master Levels: The World Spear (DLC 2) and an unknown one (it will be revealed tomorrow on Hugo's livestream).

There are also two "locked" official Master Levels (Hell on Earth and Exultia) that have existed in the game files for a very long time and have to be unlocked by mods in order to be played. There are also fan-made mods that create their own Master Levels, ex: Proteh's Reclaimed Earth Master Level. There's even two "Master Campaigns" by Delta that replace every level in the base game and DLC 1.

That's interesting. I'm not sure what "pex" means but these levels are very intense and a good replacement for the arcade mode of Doom 2016.

1 hour ago, OniriA said:

Hide contents

muscular-torso-and-arms-picture-id504242

Oh yes, pecs are better than Master Levels haha thought it was a file naming or something lol

7 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

There's also a Doom Hunter Base Master Level that's hidden deep in the game files

I find this one particularly noteworthy because the boss version of the Doom Hunter is given new attacks and abilities, complete with unique animations.

Shame they're not actually gold skinned, like the STs in "Real Mode" in Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge.

Seeing that DHunter dropping flames on floor and  exploding chainsaws is impressive, i think it's the first time i see custom attacks in Eternal.

Now i wonder how far can that go.

Also, i remember a DHunter Base master level adding a section with meathook points and floating zero-g like pick ups, so the player fights enemies while in mid air and trying to keep up by using the hook on the points and switching between meathooking and attacking enemies who are in a different place.

Looked it up and it's by Zandy

Mars Core is one of my favourite levels in Eternal. Lots of action, nice mix of locations, cool cinematic and linear level done well.

On 8/5/2021 at 9:38 AM, Quasar said:

Shame they're not actually gold skinned, like the STs in "Real Mode" in Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge.

As long as there is contrast, I really dont want a solid gold skin like the Doom eternal UNM rewards.  See Phobos as a much better alternative.

In fact check out the gold cultist marauder and compare it to the others.  They seem to use the same "tile set".

Or something like this guy but black with gold trim

DOOM-Eternal_PLASMA-POWERED_community_960x1360-01-EN.jpg.b78303e78031d39381f25fe70e8a301a.jpg