Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Action Doom 2: Urban Brawl Reloaded

Recommended Posts

A legend returns and delivers another legend. Are remasters of legends elligible for cacowards? Because this is such an obvious entry to enlist.

 

This begs the question... Will an Action Doom 3 come out? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Is there a middle ground for those who want the new stuff, but still want the 2000s humor?

Edited by Untamed64

Share this post


Link to post

No. The only noticeable change is the removal of jokes at the end of map01 which were pretty offensive to LGBT individuals... and honestly, it's better for it. The boss sprites are brand new and are no longer poorly drawn pixel art from 2004... plus you get an Adventures of Square easter egg and an infinitely better club track. It's simply a better experience that fits the vibe of the game.

 

Don't worry, you still get to punch old men in wheelchairs out a window, kill cannibal pedophiles in farmhouses, and slice me in half with a chainsaw.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/11/2021 at 9:12 PM, Scuba Steve said:

No. The only noticeable change is the removal of jokes at the end of map01 which were pretty offensive to LGBT individuals... and honestly, it's better for it. The boss sprites are brand new and are no longer poorly drawn pixel art from 2004... plus you get an Adventures of Square easter egg and an infinitely better club track. It's simply a better experience that fits the vibe of the game.

 

Don't worry, you still get to punch old men in wheelchairs out a window, kill cannibal pedophiles in farmhouses, and slice me in half with a chainsaw.

thank you for this, it's much appreciated by all of us <3

Share this post


Link to post

I was thinking of revisiting this mod, then you made it better. Thank you Scuba Steve, looking forward to playing the Reloaded version!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Oh nice! A remaster! I'm gonna have to check this out.

 

How likely could there be of a remaster for the first Action Doom?

Edited by Lizardcommando

Share this post


Link to post

I started some preliminary work and wrote up a document of desired changes... But it will be a lot of work... Most of which I am incapable of doing (replacing the health system with hit points, i-frames, ACS).

Share this post


Link to post

Action Doom 2: Urban Brawl 1.2.1 fixes

There were some concerning GZDoom errors in the prior release that needed to be fixed in order to future-proof (as best as one can) Action Doom 2 from breaking in future GZDoom releases. This update fixes those errors being dumped as well as cleans up other issues that community members found. Barring any game-breaking bugs, this will be the final release and the one uploaded to idgames.

  • Objects like trashcans can be thrown like enemies including individual tires from each stack (yes, Ralphis, the basketball can be thrown too). Many people expressed remorse that the first thing they tried to do was throw a trashcan and merely punched it.
  • Hugo boss reworked; features new attack to provide increased challenge
  • Kicking made uniform across most melee weapons: key added (reload key) for throwing knives/shuriken alt attacks.
  • GZDoom console errors being dumped by bad scripts in map01
  • Graphical & sound glitches related to running as a pwad
  • Grabbing & throwing code cleanup
  • Difficulty balancing regarding enemy damage/pushback/health
  • Repaired broken sniper code (could simply run to the end of the map)
  • Chandeliers no longer fall on your head from the ground pound explosion
  • Winter glitch preventing door from closing
  • Enemies now alerted in bossrush and map07
  • Brass knuckle uppercut damage increased
  • Dogs stuck in farmhouse
  • Cutscene sfx overplaying one another
  • Electrocution artwork for all skins
  • Fixed tube mechanics to function like the katana
  • Improper sounds playing during enemy attacks
  • HUD weapon items overlaying one another
  • Replaced missing sfx for items/secret in iwad
  • Includes sfxthx credits document in the wad as per creative commons license
  • New tutorial graphic teaching players about the ‘kick’ command
  • Future-proofed throwing mechanics by having alternate states for large/small objects
  • Tons of other mistakes

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/12/2021 at 3:12 PM, Scuba Steve said:

Don't worry, you still get to punch old men in wheelchairs out a window, kill cannibal pedophiles in farmhouses, and slice me in half with a chainsaw. 

 

This may be the best line ive ever read in my 13 years of Doomworld.

Share this post


Link to post

It was there when I played again, at least when I dropped chandeliers on people. Maybe some weapon behaviors got changed up.

Share this post


Link to post

it's still there, just doesn't happen as often as in v1.1 cause i disabled it for melee weapons except for the sledgehammer i believe.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/24/2021 at 7:57 PM, Scuba Steve said:

Action Doom 2: Urban Brawl 1.2.1 fixes

There were some concerning GZDoom errors in the prior release that needed to be fixed in order to future-proof (as best as one can) Action Doom 2 from breaking in future GZDoom releases. This update fixes those errors being dumped as well as cleans up other issues that community members found. Barring any game-breaking bugs, this will be the final release and the one uploaded to idgames.

  • Objects like trashcans can be thrown like enemies including individual tires from each stack (yes, Ralphis, the basketball can be thrown too). Many people expressed remorse that the first thing they tried to do was throw a trashcan and merely punched it.
  • Hugo boss reworked; features new attack to provide increased challenge
  • Kicking made uniform across most melee weapons: key added (reload key) for throwing knives/shuriken alt attacks.
  • GZDoom console errors being dumped by bad scripts in map01
  • Graphical & sound glitches related to running as a pwad
  • Grabbing & throwing code cleanup
  • Difficulty balancing regarding enemy damage/pushback/health
  • Repaired broken sniper code (could simply run to the end of the map)
  • Chandeliers no longer fall on your head from the ground pound explosion
  • Winter glitch preventing door from closing
  • Enemies now alerted in bossrush and map07
  • Brass knuckle uppercut damage increased
  • Dogs stuck in farmhouse
  • Cutscene sfx overplaying one another
  • Electrocution artwork for all skins
  • Fixed tube mechanics to function like the katana
  • Improper sounds playing during enemy attacks
  • HUD weapon items overlaying one another
  • Replaced missing sfx for items/secret in iwad
  • Includes sfxthx credits document in the wad as per creative commons license
  • New tutorial graphic teaching players about the ‘kick’ command
  • Future-proofed throwing mechanics by having alternate states for large/small objects
  • Tons of other mistakes

I tried playing the other day, but when I got to Map 08, and I went to pick up the chainsaw from that abandoned truck, it glitched. It let me pick it up, and said "secret revealed" but instead of showing up in my hands, it vanished. Wasn't in my inventory or anything. And then when I got to Map 09, I realized there was no way I was getting anywhere in that level without it, lol. I tried going back to Map 08 a couple of times to see if maybe I had done something wrong, but each time, it just vanished.

I don't know if you caught that or not, but I wanted to let you know. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/11/2021 at 11:19 AM, Kes Gaming YT said:

I tried playing the other day, but when I got to Map 08, and I went to pick up the chainsaw from that abandoned truck, it glitched.

Replayed—working as intended. It deselects because you have no ammo. You get ammo by using the generator and choosing to siphon gasoline for use in the chainsaw.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Scuba Steve said:

Replayed—working as intended. It deselects because you have no ammo. You get ammo by using the generator and choosing to siphon gasoline for use in the chainsaw.

Oh, that explains it then!

Thank you for letting me know.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×