Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom guy66

What is your favorite classic Doom Game?

What's your favorite classic Doom game?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these is your favorite?

• The Ultimate Doom
    • Doom 2: Hell on Earth
    • Final Doom
    • Doom 64

On 8/12/2021 at 1:30 AM, Nikku4211 said:

Ultimate Doom. I like its episode structure, because Doom 2 and Final's continuous 30-map structure is long and tedious, even with saving.

I have never played Doom 64, because I'm not sure which version of it is the best. I'm looking for accuracy, but with the classic PC keymouse controls.

DOOM 64 EX, is imo very good. Very vanilla with mouselook and other stuff.

17 hours ago, Jacek Bourne said:

Plutonia for gameplay.

TNT for music.

Mostly the same, I do like some of TNT though

22 hours ago, Liberation said:

I have to say that Ultimate Doom is my favourite tbh.

I liked the first 10 or so levels of Doom 2 but after that I start to lose interest, it probably wasn't like that 25 years ago for me, but over the years I started to appreciate the more distilled-ness of the original game.

Final doom I just view as 1 and half decent megawads and not really any different to pwads.

Same for the most part

its hard to choose between ultimate and final doom, but honestly ultimate doom is the best thing to play during online classes lmao

Plutonia > DOOM 64 > TNT >= Sigil > Ultimate DOOM > DOOM 2*.

No Rest for the Living is somewhat on par with Sigil for me in terms of enjoyment, I think.

* I want to note that I like a lot about DOOM 2, but it also has some of the worst maps which drags it down a lot. 

On 8/13/2021 at 1:16 PM, lubba127 said:

its hard to choose between ultimate and final doom, but honestly ultimate doom is the best thing to play during online classes lmao

Yeah probably better than them hearing you rage at Final Doom

On 8/12/2021 at 10:56 AM, doom guy66 said:

I haven't finished Doom 3 (I have the bfg edition) but I don't remember it being bad. It was defiantly different from the other doom games.

The issue is with the Weapon Handling and level design its all Corridor like and when its open its either Tedious or not appealing. The weapons aside from the Plasma Gun Control horribly and lack punch.

36 minutes ago, Chip said:

I LOVE Doom 64! It is SOOOO GOOD!

I'll probably play it sometime after I finish some of the games on my list of games I'd like to finish0

Interesting how my 2 favorite doom games have been tied or close to tied most of the time this post has been up

Doom 1 is probably my favorite to play but Doom 2 has my favorite levels (the only one I can say I really hate is the citadel) and probably has the best atmosphere and music.

12 minutes ago, doom guy66 said:

Interesting how my 2 favorite doom games have been tied or close to tied most of the time this post has been up

Just make 1 post instead of commenting twice. if you have a new idea to add, just edit your previous post. otherwise it can be seen as spam which could lead to a warning. 

I love all of them equally (except for Doom 64, what a sleep-inducing slog that is, my God), but Ultimate Doom takes the cake. I love Doom 2 and Final Doom stock maps, but UD has such a cozy and comfy feeling to it that I adore.

I don't get it.

Final Doom is made of 2 very differents megawads, plus Doom 2 again...

So if I liked Plutonia the most, and TNT the least... what do I vote for ?

12 hours ago, Chip said:

Just make 1 post instead of commenting twice. if you have a new idea to add, just edit your previous post. otherwise it can be seen as spam which could lead to a warning. 

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know!

Ultimate Doom overall but add Sigil and Doom 64 up there too. Love the atmosphere of them especially. 

My ranking would go something like this:

1) Knee deep in the dead

2) Thy flesh consumed (besides a few dud maps)

3) Plutonia

4) Most of Doom2

5) Shores of Hell/Inferno (although a few great maps deserve to be higher here)

6) The bad parts of Doom2 (sorry Sandy just the way it is)

7) TNT Evilution

Never played 64 but considering it's' got a different graphics engine I dunno that I would truly put it in the same category

1 hour ago, Dillar said:

My ranking would go something like this:

1) Knee deep in the dead

2) Thy flesh consumed (besides a few dud maps)

3) Plutonia

4) Most of Doom2

5) Shores of Hell/Inferno (although a few great maps deserve to be higher here)

6) The bad parts of Doom2 (sorry Sandy just the way it is)

7) TNT Evilution

Never played 64 but considering it's' got a different graphics engine I dunno that I would truly put it in the same category

It actually does not.  It is using IdTech1.  The sprites are just more detailed.

For me it's always been Doom 2. The first one is great, and some of the maps are total classics, but the second one got it perfect.
Final Doom is not for me. I can't stand the mandatory secrets, that's just unfair. The levels are well done but I find them confusing.
Doom 64 although had it's share of nasty puzzles felt a lot more fair that Final Doom, plus I actually like the new graphics and soundtrack. Might actually be my second favourite, if not Ultimate Doom.

Final Doom and more specific plutonia. I really like the challenging levels of plutonia and the level design. TNT is ok, but I prefer doom 2 over TNT. TNT is good, but not as memorable as plutonia's levels. But I would say: Plutonia > DOOM 2 > Ultimate DOOM >TNT Evilution

On 8/12/2021 at 3:38 AM, Wavy said:

TNT: Evilution > Plutionia

Agree, TNT is hella lit compared to Plutonia