Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazygecko

Quake Remastered

People over at QuakeOne now got DOTM working in other ports as well:

https://quakeone.com/forum/quake-talk/quake-central/283211-quake-enhanced-is-out-now?p=283403#post283403

With that, both the new DOPA and DOTM are playable outside of Kex. However, I would still recommend playing DOTM at least once as intended since otherwise you'll miss a lot of really nice engine-specific effects which make the levels look a lot better.

Unless you use FTE. With realtime lighting and shadows activated, you'll get those fancy effects from Kex, too.

Edited by NightFright

Yes I'm happy enough playing DOTM in the source port provided with the remaster.  I doubt that I'll use this source port widely with other maps, including the originals and the previous expansions (I'll most likely stick with DarkPlaces), but the port supplied with the remaster works nicely with DOTM (and I'm still enjoying the new episode so far).

8 minutes ago, ENEMY!!! said:

I came across my first Spawn just today.  Haven't encountered any Rotfish yet though.

Oh, boy. There’s probably a lot more where that come from. What map did you encounter it on?

Edited by FireballCaco

I don't remember its name now, but it featured cells (that's prison type cells rather than weapon ammo) in a tech area.

14 hours ago, StalkerZHS said:

Anyone else love how even the intro map to DimensionOfMachine is so resource heavy that the game's own engine can't even handle it on max settings?

Also, holy hell Dimension of Machine is BEAUT

What do you mean? My computer ran the hub area very good, I don't have capped fps on either.

2 hours ago, ENEMY!!! said:

I came across my first Spawn just today.  Haven't encountered any Rotfish yet though.

How did you manage to get to E4M3 without seeing a Rotfish? They show up in E2M3. 

If you weren't jumping off things and exploring the water, you probably missed quite a few secrets and alternate routes.

14 minutes ago, Jello said:

How did you manage to get to E4M3 without seeing a Rotfish? They show up in E2M3. 

If you weren't jumping off things and exploring the water, you probably missed quite a few secrets and alternate routes.

He was talking about Dimension of the Machine

Edited by FireballCaco

3 hours ago, FireballCaco said:

Does DOTM even use Spawns or Rotfish?

I played through 3 of its "episodes" so far and only saw 1 or 2 spawns in total. They seem to remain thankfully very rare.

No Rotfish sighting yet.

5 minutes ago, PsychEyeball said:

I played through 3 of its "episodes" so far and only saw 1 or 2 spawns in total. They seem to remain thankfully very rare.

No Rotfish sighting yet.

Maybe they appear in the last two sub-episodes? I guess it’s not like in Dissolution or Eternity where there was like 30.

Probably not. If anything, I don't think Dimension of the Past even had spawns to begin with so maybe Machine Games don't like these buggers at all.

I mean, who does like them? They were too tough so they only appear like 130 times throughout Quake. 

Edited by FireballCaco

1 hour ago, FireballCaco said:

I mean, who does like them? They were too tough so they only appear like 130 times throughout Quake. 

Sandy.

Ideally they'll make an episode one day just with Spawns. Would be fun. I guess you could already make a mod replacing all monsters with them. A festival of in-your-face explosions. For the lulz.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, I don't mind Spawns in maps. That trap room in The Pain Maze was actually cool. Before you are getting pushed into that Spawn-infested room below, flood it with grenades and the problem solves itself.

1 hour ago, [McD]James said:

The blob monsters are awesome and I wish mappers utilized them more. 

Q: What do get when you cross a Fiend with an explosive crate?

A: Annoyed.

5 hours ago, Master O said:

Quake Remastered is also supposed to be coming to GOG, but it has yet to appear there.

The Doom rerelease never appeared there.

Doom 64 rerelease never appeared there.

Doom 2016 never appeared there.

Updated my "DOPA Kex" patch in order to also add that missing "Congratulations" screen at the end. Get it here (142 KB). 

This version doesn't require editing DOPA's pak0.pak any more since it comes with its own progs.dat now. 

Edited by NightFright

5 hours ago, ZeroTheEro said:

Sandy.

As I understand it, rather than Sandy really loving the Spawns, it was more that everyone told him to use them cuz his episode was the last so it needed all of the AI.

Found another bug:

Finding the secret level on DoPa doesn't trigger the trophy on PS4. Haven't tested other platforms yet.

EDIT: nvm I am completely full of shit. See below.

Edited by scalliano

1 minute ago, scalliano said:

Found another bug:

Finding the secret level on DoPa doesn't trigger the trophy on PS4. Haven't tested other platforms yet.

Doesn’t happen on Switch. I can confirm that I found the secret level and the achievement triggered.

I stand corrected, DoPa has 2 secret exits.

One thing I have noticed though, is that there is no way to delete save games.

31 minutes ago, ZeroTheEro said:

Is it me or the status bar face isn't animated at all? Like Ranger glancing left and right on idle.

Ranger was never animated to look left and right.