Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazygecko

Quake Remastered

Recommended Posts

On 10/15/2021 at 1:49 PM, dustarma said:

I don't know what version Quake Ex

Pretty sure vanilla demos will do. I believe you can record them with QuakeSpasm, although I haven't bothered to try.

Share this post


Link to post

I’m most of the way through Dissolution of Eternity, and the “alternate fire” modes for the weapons really makes the lack of models for the expansion weapons painfully obvious. Does anyone know of a mod that updates the expansion weapons with the same/similar upgraded models for the base weapons?

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Faceman2000 said:

I’m most of the way through Dissolution of Eternity, and the “alternate fire” modes for the weapons really makes the lack of models for the expansion weapons painfully obvious. Does anyone know of a mod that updates the expansion weapons with the same/similar upgraded models for the base weapons?

Here:

 

I also made one for SoA's proximity mine launcher:

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not sure if it's my PC or something the recent update did, but I'm now seeing these texture filtering artifacts on the GUI whenever I have texture smoothing enabled while using the Vulkan API. The GUI normally doesn't get filtered from what I remembered even with texture smoothing was enabled in-game, then again I mainly use the DirectX 11 API with this game.

 

 

Quake_remastered_Vulkan_Filtering_Artifacts.png.c453713b6c3456a740290538b04ccd92.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, AmethystViper said:

I'm not sure if it's my PC or something the recent update did, but I'm now seeing these texture filtering artifacts on the GUI whenever I have texture smoothing enabled while using the Vulkan API. The GUI normally doesn't get filtered from what I remembered even with texture smoothing was enabled in-game, then again I mainly use the DirectX 11 API with this game.

This was an issue since launch with the Vulkan even without texture filtering.

 

A temporary solution that worked for me was by restarting the renderer by going into Display>Open Video Settings...>"Apply Settings". However you'll need to do this every time you launch it.

Edited by Wavy

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, AmethystViper said:

then again I mainly use the DirectX 11 API with this game.

Just an FYI, we don't support DX11 for this title. This will needed to be verified in Vulkan.

3 minutes ago, Wavy said:

This was an issue since launch even without texture filtering.

Are you running DX11 or Vulkan?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Edward850 said:

Are you running DX11 or Vulkan?

Oh. I'm running Vulkan.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Wavy said:

Oh. I'm running Vulkan.

Well that's rather unusual then. We don't seem to be able to reproduce this issue. How sure are you that you're running Vulkan? The window title will tell you what API is in use.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Well that's rather unusual then. We don't seem to be able to reproduce this issue. How sure are you that you're running Vulkan? The window title will tell you what API is in use.

Well:

eh..PNG.4fc049ae07fee1c1d67790cf8a15e7a0.PNG

 

The window title just said "Quake- Version Date: Sep 24th 2021" and nothing else.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Wavy said:

The window title just said "Quake- Version Date: Sep 24th 2021" and nothing else.

The window title absolutely says more than that:

 image.png.08cb2fa9621d8a39705256d7af62c990.png

Need to know what it says in the brackets after the date.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Edward850 said:

The window title absolutely says more than that:

 image.png.08cb2fa9621d8a39705256d7af62c990.png

Not for me for some reason:

eeeh.PNG.e87733e2b084f424202c67048a49e9e1.PNG

Share this post


Link to post

That's quite odd and may be indicative of other problems unrelated to us. However, the console itself may gleem some insight. Take a screenshot of what you see before "Running game session":

image.png.72379d14847b41439697d27dde27c760.png

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

That's quite odd and may be indicative of other problems unrelated to us. However, the console itself may gleem some insight. Take a screenshot of what you see before "Running game session":

Here:

eeeeeeeeeh.PNG.6f3d1f9bce3020b70897621aed09cdba.PNG

Share this post


Link to post

Huh, odd. Well it is vulkan, but oddly somehow you are using an entirely different presentation mode, as well as the window title not being updated at all. I'm really not sure what's going on there. And I still can't reproduce your issue at all. I think something might be interfering with the application.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Huh, odd. Well it is vulkan, but oddly somehow you are using an entirely different presentation mode, as well as the window title not being updated at all. I'm really not sure what's going on there.

Could the presentation mode be due to me running on a laptop (an Acer Nitro 5 specifically)?

 

I don't know much about Vulkan, so excuse me if this is a silly question.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Edward850 said:

Huh, odd. Well it is vulkan, but oddly somehow you are using an entirely different presentation mode, as well as the window title not being updated at all. I'm really not sure what's going on there. And I still can't reproduce your issue at all. I think something might be interfering with the application.

For what it's worth, the Vulkan doesn't show up in my Steam version either if I don't start it in Windowed mode. If I start in fullscreen and switch to Windowed, it just says Quake- Version Date: Sep 24 2021. However if I switch to windowed view and restart the game, it does say Quake- Version Date: Sep 24 2021 (Vulkan). But if I switch to fullscreen, and go back to windowed mode, it just says Quake- Version Date: Sep 24 2021, no brackets after that. The console still indicates Vulkan, but there's nothing in the window pane to indicate that.

 

Can't say what it would be, but Wavy isn't alone. I don't have any graphical issues with it, just wanted to point out that the window pane doesn't seem to work as far as displaying the rendering mode when switching between windowed and fullscreen. I did notice Wavy was using an Nvidia GTX 1650 TI, and I'm using a GTX 1660 TI, so maybe it's an issue with the series. Again, I've had no issues with the graphics like Wavy has, but maybe the window pane just doesn't play nice with the 1600 series.

 

And I'm running it on a desktop PC, Windows 10. 

Share this post


Link to post

I have a feeling it might be related to which display mode the game was launched in. Here's the title bar on my end when I launched initially in exclusive fullscreen mode then switched to windowed mode:

 

 

 


Quake_x64_steam-2021_11_03_12-16-30.png.a3a5acbe56635b144a421ac40c697a80.png

 

 

Then here it is when I launch the game with just windowed mode:

 

Quake_x64_steam-2021_11_03_12-17-01.png.063aeef44095ee630bea5f3191563928.png

 

And here's another screenshot to prove it was running in Vulkan (even used the +r_rhirenderfamily "vulkan" parameter to ensure it was running in Vulkan):

 

 

Quake_x64_steam-2021_11_03_12-17-38.png.4f39589b47e10717353ff5928c74698c.png

EDIT: Forgot to mention this issue also happens when switch in and out of exclusive fullscreen with Vulkan.

 

Quake_x64_steam-2021_11_03_12-14-11.png.3441d905d28326e8bf93cb8e0e20800a.png

Edited by AmethystViper : Including another piece of info.

Share this post


Link to post

Just chiming in to say that I randomly get the blurry HUD bug too, even though texture filtering is off. It goes away on its own when the game is closed and started later. It seems somehow after enough time or a reboot since playing the game last, the issue may come back for one launch. I cannot consistently reproduce it either, it occurs randomly on game start.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/4/2021 at 5:25 AM, AmethystViper said:

EDIT: Forgot to mention this issue also happens when switch in and out of exclusive fullscreen with Vulkan.

 

Quake_x64_steam-2021_11_03_12-14-11.png.3441d905d28326e8bf93cb8e0e20800a.png

 

That's 100% a driver error. We can't do anything once the device is reported lost.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×