Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DerTimmy

(TC) Space Cats Saga 2.0 (Update 3.0) (finished)

Uploaded Version 1.3!

-Weapon switching is faster and less clunky now!

-Fixed a glitched Secret in Map 52

-a few tweaks to damage output

Question:

Does the character select screen shows up in correct size? For me its correct (showing full picture of the characters) but some have it cut out at the site

On 10/18/2021 at 2:15 PM, DerTimmy said:

Uploaded Version 1.3!

-Weapon switching is faster and less clunky now!

-Fixed a glitched Secret in Map 52

-a few tweaks to damage output

Question:

Does the character select screen shows up in correct size? For me its correct (showing full picture of the characters) but some have it cut out at the site

for me its not showing in the correct size , i have the resolution set to 640x480 to avoid lag due to my pc not being high end enough

This mod is surprisingly fun. It's pure, mostly-mindless slaughter, but built around the idea that your basic starting weapon is a laser minigun with infinite ammo and a room-clearing altfire.

If that's the absolute LEAST firepower the player is going to have, what kind of threats are you up against? The answer: Lots. Every corridor is packed to the gills with popcorn monsters, and it's not a problem because you can clear them all out in a second or two.

It can get pretty tough - enemies still hit hard - but this is like Sunder For Dummies.

Which is good, as I'm a big dummy.

On 10/23/2021 at 10:10 PM, Dominic Tarason said:

This mod is surprisingly fun. It's pure, mostly-mindless slaughter, but built around the idea that your basic starting weapon is a laser minigun with infinite ammo and a room-clearing altfire.

If that's the absolute LEAST firepower the player is going to have, what kind of threats are you up against? The answer: Lots. Every corridor is packed to the gills with popcorn monsters, and it's not a problem because you can clear them all out in a second or two.

It can get pretty tough - enemies still hit hard - but this is like Sunder For Dummies.

Which is good, as I'm a big dummy.

you can play this with almost every mega/wad. the weaponry is still balanced around doom damage. try it with a mega/wad of your choice.

Space Cats Saga Chapter 2.0 (Update 2.0) will be released on May the 6th!

A Big Update which enhances every single aspect of the Mod. Every Map got updated with new fights, textures and better balancing. New upgrades to Berserk and other Power Ups. Complete new Art and Mugshots. And finally Player Sprites. Complete overhaul of Commander Aemi´s Arsenal.

A Mini Campaign with 2 (of 3) completley new Maps on an Alien Forest Planet. New Monsters to encounter and fight.

Stay tuned as i share new Infos in the next days!

TITLEPICdasd222.png

This is the most underrated mod I've ever played. Was pleasantly surprised by how much fun it is and how great all the weapons feel to use. Looking forward to the update!

Update 2.3 is live!

It adds the whole campaign from Chapter 1! (renamed to Chapter 1: Demonic Vessel)

You can play this with every Class. I added Space Cats to find in each Map.

Update 2.4 is live!

Update 2.4
-Complete Overhaul of Chapter 1 : Demonic Vessel
-new ending for Chapter 1 (real ending if you beat it on Hard)
-buffs for Aemis Laserrifle and Rocketlauncher
-Luxs Lasersword can destroy Projectiles now (only altfire)
-custom HUD for every Class
-New difficulties (Easy,Normal,Hard)
-you can pet every Space Cat now for Rewards!
-some small tweaks to damage output

Has the secret Nazi Level been fixed? Because they were still invisible and when they die they become compressed Zombie Soldiers sinking into the ground

Edit: It's still bugged even when I don't use any other wads or mods, though I have a suggestion for the secret level, if you wanna hear

Edited by Cyclone-Sama : Feedback for latest update

On 6/11/2022 at 7:36 AM, Cyclone-Sama said:

Has the secret Nazi Level been fixed? Because they were still invisible and when they die they become compressed Zombie Soldiers sinking into the ground

Edit: It's still bugged even when I don't use any other wads or mods, though I have a suggestion for the secret level, if you wanna hear

just tested with this version but it works for me just fine

updated GZDoom? i use 4.7something. used Doom2.wad?

Screenshot_Doom_20220613_193321.png

On 6/13/2022 at 6:35 PM, DerTimmy said:

just tested with this version but it works for me just fine

updated GZDoom? i use 4.7something. used Doom2.wad?

Screenshot_Doom_20220613_193321.png

Damn it maybe my Laptop then, it must be causing issues with the level, though this kinda makes it more scary fighting invisible enemies, like camo assassins

7 hours ago, Cyclone-Sama said:

Damn it maybe my Laptop then, it must be causing issues with the level, though this kinda makes it more scary fighting invisible enemies, like camo assassins

does this happen with regular doom 2 and the wolfenstein lvls?

With Update 2.6 come various changes. Most of the Weapons behave better (changed some projectiles and such). Re-Textured the Space Ships and new skins for Cacos, Pinkies, Painelementals and Lost Souls.

12 hours ago, DerTimmy said:

does this happen with regular doom 2 and the wolfenstein lvls?

With Update 2.6 come various changes. Most of the Weapons behave better (changed some projectiles and such). Re-Textured the Space Ships and new skins for Cacos, Pinkies, Painelementals and Lost Souls.

It's only the secret Nazi Level for me, other levels work fine, I did turn off my BDv21 Enemies Only off and it was still doing it, I then did Nazi Enemies and they were still invisible, it may have been my system struggling to load them up, there is 1 issue that's not a big deal but kinda annoying, because I use a crosshair, the rocket launcher seems a little bit off the side in aiming to the right

Yeah so I turned off every other mod except SCS, even the nashgore mod, I even tried playing the level as 1 of the other girls, the Nazis will not appear and die as zombies

Screenshot_Doom_20220615_225813.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220615_225825.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220615_225843.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220615_225851.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220615_230119.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220615_230228.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220615_230457.png

they shouldnt be Zombieman in the first place oO

dont know whats going on :/ works fine for me. update 2.6 has a arranged map of this. may it works

Update 2.6 is live

Update 2.6
-alot of little tweaks, fixes and balancing to most guns
-new secrets and textures in chapter 1+2
-hud tweaks
-new Space Cats
-Character View height changes
-The Berserks Altfire gets mapped to "Q" for use with weapons
-New Sprites for the remaining Doom 2 Decorations
-New Cacodemon, reskinned Pinky, Ghostly Green Lost Soul and Painelemental
-New Title Song  "Ascension" LOSTCHILD OST by S.S.H
-It should be now compatible with most Mega/Wads; balanced to be played with most Doom Wads

Currently on Chapter 2 on version 2.5 (will upgrade for the add-on episode), it's a blast! The weapons feel super good to use, the architecture looks gorgeous and there is plenty of neat set pieces. Plus it has warrior babes with cat ears!

I do have a couple of observations:

-In the level "Writhe in Pain", after prevailing in the large final battle, the exit gate would not open, because two Cacos remained stuck in a monster closet instead of teleporting.

-This one is more of a matter of taste, but I'm not fond of gates keeping the player from going back to previous rooms. Too often I found myself leaving items like Megaspheres behind so I can could grab them later and not being able to backtrack to get them when needed. I'm starting to get used to it, but it's something I found myself being annoyed at. Then again, I might be overly cautious about item management (and it's something I do in every game, not just Doom), but I thought I'd let you know.

Keep it up, this WAD is really good!

On jeudi 16 juin 2022 at 12:15 AM, Cyclone-Sama said:

Yeah so I turned off every other mod except SCS, even the nashgore mod, I even tried playing the level as 1 of the other girls, the Nazis will not appear and die as zombies

I guess your version of the Doom II IWAD is the one from Doom 3 BFG Edition somehow? Cf. https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom_3:_BFG_Edition#Doom_II_specific

• The Wolfenstein SS sprites (SSWV*) are all replaced by copies of POSSA1 with bad offsets. Oddly, the offsets change for each sprite, even though none of them look usable. The last four sprites of the gib death (the S, T, U, and V frames) are unchanged, however.

Just beat the add-on episode with Lux. Hot dayum the level design SLAPS; you just went all out on the architecture and amount of detail!

The add-on kept me on the edge of my seat as it is a lot tighter on ammo than Chapter 1 & 2. I thought the main campaign was too generous with it, as I never ran out once, but the mini-campaign forces you to fight each battle carefully.

I do have one question: is Yaeska's Grenade Launcher alt-fire supposed to be this strong? It can comfortably two-shot kill Cyberdemons, trivializing some encounters.

All in all, I had lots of fun with this series and I can't wait for what's to come.

14 hours ago, Lt.Gonflette said:

Just beat the add-on episode with Lux. Hot dayum the level design SLAPS; you just went all out on the architecture and amount of detail!

The add-on kept me on the edge of my seat as it is a lot tighter on ammo than Chapter 1 & 2. I thought the main campaign was too generous with it, as I never ran out once, but the mini-campaign forces you to fight each battle carefully.

I do have one question: is Yaeska's Grenade Launcher alt-fire supposed to be this strong? It can comfortably two-shot kill Cyberdemons, trivializing some encounters.

All in all, I had lots of fun with this series and I can't wait for what's to come.

Im glad to hear that most people enjoyed the Ride :)

The Addon Maps took a long time to make. They combine everything i learned while mapping for Chapter 1+2.

Yaeskas GL shouldnt be that strong. I tweaked the damage now. Should feel better with the next Update then.

There is a 3rd Tangraan Map coming and one more Class (Sill -Queen of Beasts)

2 hours ago, DerTimmy said:

Im glad to hear that most people enjoyed the Ride :)

The Addon Maps took a long time to make. They combine everything i learned while mapping for Chapter 1+2.

Yaeskas GL shouldnt be that strong. I tweaked the damage now. Should feel better with the next Update then.

There is a 3rd Tangraan Map coming and one more Class (Sill -Queen of Beasts)

Looking forward to new content, and thumbs up for the GL tweak ;)

I did Chapter 2 with Yaeska on Hard difficulty, and her spear almost felt OP, as I could effortlessly decimate crowds of Pinkies and Imps and even small groups of Hell Knights with it. I get the long range because it's a spear, but the DPS felt too strong. Aemi's claws deal high damage but they're not nearly as fast (can't really say for Lux's sword as I've only messed around with it for a couple of minutes on Doom II maps, but it also seems balanced).

When I replay this I'll most certainly pistol-start each map for a harder challenge. All in all, I think Chapter 1&2 could be a liiiiittle tighter on ammo.

Sorry for giving feedback piecemeal, I've been mentally revisiting your WAD since I beat it. I don't mean to sound like I didn't enjoy it in the end, because I really did :)

Just before I go, this Imp in MAP61 in the second area before the blue skull key was stuck in this pillar.

Have a good one :)

Screenshot_1.jpg

On version 2.6 the map Black Soul Horde (50B) starts at what im assuming is supposed to be a voodoo doll. I managed to find a download of the 2.0 version and it has the proper map start on this map, that is it begins where 50A ended. Other than this hiccup I am enjoying the WAD.

Screenshot_Doom_20220623_131530.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220623_131744.png

I reviewed the original version of Chapter 2 not so long after it was first released. It's cool that people are finally discovering it!

5 hours ago, Vonculinator46 said:

On version 2.6 the map Black Soul Horde (50B) starts at what im assuming is supposed to be a voodoo doll. I managed to find a download of the 2.0 version and it has the proper map start on this map, that is it begins where 50A ended. Other than this hiccup I am enjoying the WAD

Damn. I will fix this ASAP. Will upload update 2.61 next then