Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xymph

Romero reveals Sigil 2

Oh okay, I searched for "Sigil 2" in topic titles which came up empty, so didn't see it buried in existing threads.

Suuuweeet. I was hoping he would do a Doom 2 thing too. Does anyone know if he will do a physical release from LRG again?

Well I hadn't heard about it. So... Neat! I look forward to it. There's quite a few people out here who don't follow twitches and discords, so it's nice to get some info.

Edited by Jello

15 hours ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

This was revealed like over a month ago on a stream on Twitch.

To be fair it's not like that many people were even aware of Bridgeburner's stream.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer : typo, lmao

Several people on this site posted the reveal in various different threads in July. A quick search for "Sigil 2" would have shown that, but these days people are so desperate to be the first person to share new information they don't bother checking.

First time I heard of this actually. I wasn't paying much attention to forum threads in July due to being really, really busy. heh. Anyhow, that's good news. I'm glad he's working on more Doom and it'll be for Doom 2. Good stuff. Go Romero, you old dog. :D Thanks for posting this Xymph. ;)

I made this topic for this day. You beat me to the announcement, though. 

Nice, this is going to be FUN!

I’m looking forward to this. I loved the 2 WADs he made right before Sigil, and really enjoyed Sigil itself. I can’t wait to see what he’ll have in store for us with the sequel. I also wonder if Jimmy will return for the MIDI music and if there’s going to be a non-midi soundtrack like before. 

19 hours ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

This was revealed like over a month ago on a stream on Twitch.

if i remember wasn't it just him saying "i will make it" rather then "i am making it"

16 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

I wonder if it is going to be a full 32-map megawad or a 9-map was like NRFTL.

In Bridgeburner's interview he says it will be a full 32 which is insane when you think about it. Doom 2, 2.

5 hours ago, Major Arlene said:

No need to be rude, a whole flux of people just found out via Realms Deep and a lot more articles were posted out in the wider internet sphere. It's still great news to share.

It was not my intention to be disrespectful to anyone. I apologise for any offence caused.

19 hours ago, Nevander said:

Suuuweeet. I was hoping he would do a Doom 2 thing too.

Maybe Sandy could be the one to make a new Doom 2 campaign, or at the very least mapset.

I hope he does Twitch streams again so I can download them with the foresight he wouldn't save them and upload to Youtube again :D

I look forward to a new Sigil, I also look forward to the inevitable Quake Sigil (Speaking of, maybe he'll be involved with the rumored Quake remaster thing that's supposed to be announced at Quakecon?)

1 hour ago, N1ck said:

Maybe Sandy could be the one to make a new Doom 2 campaign, or at the very least mapset.

asked sandy about this one time he said he is too busy with his company to make doom maps

1 minute ago, omalefico32x said:

asked sandy about this one time he said he is too busy with his company to make doom maps

hmm, what about Tom Hall? If enough people asked him, he might.

"It’ll be very much in the Sigil style too, except with Doom 2 instead."

I have been thinking about line, does this mean it all gonna all be 1 theme?

I'm hoping there is more variety in themes though considering this is gonna be a full megawad

also I wonder what kinda of special thing he will do for map 31 and map 32 slots

4 hours ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

It was not my intention to be disrespectful to anyone. I apologise for any offence caused.

You're good in my book. Cool of you to own up to it, but you're good.

But yeah, there's quite a few people here who have no interest in all the new methods of distribution on the internet and we don't pay attention to Doom news all the time. Really Doomworld is one of my only sources for Doom news. I keep forgetting that it's gotten more popular in the last six years, and it's plastered all over services that I have no real interest in. I am signed up to Romero's Discord, but I can't remember the last time I checked it. So yeah, thanks to @Xymph for posting this, at least I know about it now.

But Romero planning a Doom 2 release is very relevant to my interests.