Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

last time people got mad at me for making a new topic or sum so i just edited this one i got a warning for shitposting im not relly shitposting that wasent the purpose so i think i made the hardest wad part 3 or 4 idk https://www.mediafire.com/file/e1o14tyqqw6myes/nice.zip/file here kill all btw the exit is behind a wall i kinda forgot to texure the wall so yea youl find it if you beat it send a recording upload on yt works on gz and crispy doom

yes 2.JPG

yes.JPG

Edited by that guy23442 : cause i made new wad

Just some advice, You should post screenshots and what port it was made for. It will help people out!

2 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

How many archviles are in here Captain Toad? If the answer is less than 2000, I assureth thee harder WADs have already infiltrated the kingdom.

That almost makes me want to make a Wad with 2500 archviles now and perhaps other beasties

Maybe

Im too young to die:1000

Not too rough:1500

Hurt me plenty: 2000

Ultra violence: 2500

Nightmare: 2500

Archviles

10 hours ago, CBM said:

Im too young to die:1000

Not too rough:1500

Hurt me plenty: 2000

Ultra violence: 2500

Nightmare: 2500

Are you sure you can have different placements between ITYTD and HNTR, or between UV and NM?

15 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Are you sure you can have different placements between ITYTD and HNTR, or between UV and NM?

Well in UDMF there are 8 skill levels available. However other DOOM map formats have less skill levels available

14 minutes ago, CBM said:

Well in UDMF there are 8 skill levels available. However other DOOM map formats have less skill levels available

oh, I don't play UDMF, so that's why.

IF the file is 25 MB or less you can upload directly here. I also doubt it's harder than Okuplok or Sunlust. <3

18 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

How many archviles are in here Captain Toad? If the answer is less than 2000, I assureth thee harder WADs have already infiltrated the kingdom.

cries about idk let me count

16 hours ago, Lucky_Edie said:

Def not the hardest. There's no exit is there? Love the double blue armour in a map with no health. 

il make a harder one then 

It is pretty tough considering the hitscanners with archviles while theres almost no health. I cursed alot and almost cried when i realized there was no exit.

"it's like if you trained SLIGE to make a Benjogami map!!! ★★★★☆"

jokes aside (i love Benjogami's work to bits) i'd be interested to see you develop your mapping style. if you're going to focus on pure difficulty i recommend just starting with a box and putting a bunch of configurations of monsters in it to see how they interact, what works, what doesn't work - this is all Need To Know information if you want to make a good difficult map.

there are definitely much harder maps than this, or at least, there would be if this map had an exit, which it doesn't, so i guess it's technically as hard as any other map without an exit.

remember, it's not a pissing contest (unless you want it to be????), show us something neat! but above all have fun with it.

So I gave this a playthrough on UV, and honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be judging from the thread. It's definitely not the "hardest" though, as to really qualify for that, a map has to be at least beatable, which is impossible if there's no exit. A few things:

- Consider the positioning of your resources. You have 2 MegaArmors on a platform that you can't return to, so you realistically are never going to be able to make much use of the second one. Also, if there's more total armour in a map than there is total potential health, then you have armour that the player is never going to be able to make use of, which feels kind of like a troll. You said there's no health, but there is one medipack by the Green Armor and the map would definitely be improved by sprinkling a bit more health around the map and moving the second MegaArmor to an accessible location. You have multiple instances of weapons appearing, whereas it's more typical to give a weapon once and then just give ammo for it later. (A usual exception to this is if you have a weapon in a secret)

- The texture choices feel completely random.

- I thought one thing that would improve the layout would actually be to add some keys to the map and doors to some narrow hallways. Locking some of those off would add something to the gameplay. I found that the opening strategy I needed to use was to use the RL to clear the Zombiemen out of the way of the PG so I could then use that. You could even have it so that the BFG is hidden behind 3 doors, and you need to clear out 3 of your halllways to be able to obtain it. It's quite a helpful weapon for the Cyberdemons, so this forces the player to engage with your design, or face an incredibly tough battle!

- You have a couple of Revenants stuck on a very thin wall, which honestly doesn't need to be there.

- I thought the placements of AVs was actually pretty good. They weren't overwhelming but were a definite threat and there wasn't really a super easy way to cheese them. They worked very well in my opinion.

Rather than worrying about whether it's the hardest WAD or not, maybe just focus on creating something you enjoy, and let others see how difficult they find it. That said, I don't think it would take much work to significantly improve how this map plays. A few small tweaks would yield a decent improvement in how it plays.

alr seems u beat my last one alr heres my second if you beat it idk man  no cheating ok i was a bit nice so i added some health things not alot 

(IMPORTANT) This mod works on gz and crispy i tried on crispy and it worked for me idk if other ones work  alr ill give the  link https://www.mediafire.com/file/lqfyvx6ikg1d98c/is_it_hard_inuf.zip/file kill them all only 8 saves u can do

suc.JPG

Edited by that guy23442

small squarish room. 

the exit switch is right near the start - you'll see an elevated tech pillar with a switch on it...

400 monsters or so, there are weapons spread out - BFG is hard to find but is there.

some graphic bugs.

someone put up a demo and hit that switch and go earn the 3 steam bucks...

why does this level need a new topic, why not keep it in its original topic?

51 minutes ago, that guy23442 said:

alr seems u beat my last one alr heres my second if you beat it idk man i got 3 dolla in my steam wallet no cheating ok i was a bit nice so i added some health things not alot 

(IMPORTANT) This mod works on gz and crispy i tried on crispy and it worked for me idk if other ones work  alr ill give the link https://www.mediafire.com/file/lqfyvx6ikg1d98c/is_it_hard_inuf.zip/file

suc.JPG

gonna record a demo with crispy doom, brb

42 minutes ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

small squarish room. 

the exit switch is right near the start - you'll see an elevated tech pillar with a switch on it...

400 monsters or so, there are weapons spread out - BFG is hard to find but is there.

some graphic bugs.

someone put up a demo and hit that switch and go earn the 3 steam bucks...

I just beat it lol

super quick and cheesable