Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bobby :D

TNT: The Way Speedmappers Defiled It (SPEEDMAPPING CP)

So just to claify the rules I need to make map 27 in 4 hours and it has to big mountain in to resemble mount pain?

5 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

So just to claify the rules I need to make map 27 in 4 hours and it has to big mountain in to resemble mount pain?

You have 3 days to make a 4 hour speed map, and infinite attempts, so go crazy. You can add the mountain if you want, I'd be surprised if someone didn't cause that's the only thing I remember from that map

Have you thought about using AI extensions of Doom music to make the soundtrack extra cursed?

10 hours ago, Zulk RS said:

Have you thought about using AI extensions of Doom music to make the soundtrack extra cursed?

oh my god

Map 27 for this project 95% complete (Just need to balance items I think) ran out of time so here it is:

Three is a Pain is the name, hopefully someone gets the reference :P

threeisapain.zip

Just now, Bob9001 said:

Map 27 for this project 95% complete (Just need to balance items I think) ran out of time so here it is:

threeisapain.zip

Alright, I'll let you know if you get a small extension tomorrow, I'm tired lol

Well I just need to do some more testing and item balance which the rules say can be done after 4 hours?

10 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

Well I just need to do some more testing and item balance which the rules say can be done after 4 hours?

oh yeah, that's perfectly fine then

I can take map 10.  Can we add sector lighting to rooms and such?  Or is it 100% vanilla?

Edited by AleksB

1 hour ago, AleksB said:

I can take map 10.  Can we add sector lighting to rooms and such?  Or is it 100% vanilla? 

Well you're not recreating the maps exactly, only taking the general theme and aesthetic (or lack thereof in TNT's case lmao). If you directly recreate the map I'm not accepting it

20 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

threeisapain.zip

After playing the map, I've decided to reject this attempt, the main reason being the map's layout is absolutely way too large and aimless. This negatively reinforces a bland sense of combat and detail, given that you can't do much in vanilla in humongous squares. The famous mountain would be great to see if it wasn't covered by the skyhack for the greater portion of the level. It is beatable, I'll give you that, but not worthwhile due to it's emphasis on a massive scale with not much to weigh it.

1 hour ago, Bobby “lolmcswagger” said:

After playing the map, I've decided to reject this attempt, the main reason being the map's layout is absolutely way too large and aimless. This negatively reinforces a bland sense of combat and detail, given that you can't do much in vanilla in humongous squares. The famous mountain would be great to see if it wasn't covered by the skyhack for the greater portion of the level. It is beatable, I'll give you that, but not worthwhile due to it's emphasis on a massive scale with not much to weigh it.

Very well, I tried heh

3 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

Very well, I tried heh

you can still try again before your time is up, and take my advice about the big empty rooms please!

9 minutes ago, Bobby “lolmcswagger” said:

you can still try again before your time is up, and take my advice about the big empty rooms please!

Well I get what you mean but that's what mount pain is, big empty rooms. Nah it's fine, I'll give up my spot. Thanks anyway.

Just now, Bob9001 said:

Well I get what you mean but that's what mount pain is, big empty rooms. Nah it's fine, I'll give up my spot. Thanks anyway.

Doesn't mean you have to make the giant rooms lol. Anyway good shot

10 hours ago, Bobby “lolmcswagger” said:

Well you're not recreating the maps exactly, only taking the general theme and aesthetic (or lack thereof in TNT's case lmao). If you directly recreate the map I'm not accepting it

I think @AleksB was meaning to use colored sector lighting like the one from Doom 64 or the one used in Zdoom maps (and way earlier, in Legacy or Boom ports), i think.

38 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

I think @AleksB was meaning to use colored sector lighting like the one from Doom 64 or the one used in Zdoom maps (and way earlier, in Legacy or Boom ports), i think.

I always forget about that stuff, and the one that's for DOS. I don't know much about it so take this as my official disallowance of it, well, until I pester Dallas about it enough

Also, im just curious, why are we doing this in Doom format?  Seems the most common format is UDMF

Yes, Doom in Doom format. Use a port like Chocorenderlimits for better vanilla experience.

The reason why this project is vanilla... I don't really know, ask mcswagger.

UDMF is not very used format, at least for me. Boom or limit removing is way more used in projects.

I mean, im fine with it.  Was just curious.  Im doing a horror themed level 10.  Thatll be my spin on the map and it will not be a direct copy of the original

Hey, I just stumbled upon this gem and my first thought was I wanted slot 02, but oh well... turns out Bobby himself took it already!

So I'm gonna go with slot 20 then... I remember that one gave me a lot of trouble years ago lol

1 hour ago, Astro X said:

Hey, I just stumbled upon this gem and my first thought was I wanted slot 02, but oh well... turns out Bobby himself took it already!

So I'm gonna go with slot 20 then... I remember that one gave me a lot of trouble years ago lol

alright home slice!