Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

looking for help with doom2 tc

warning: i use capitals. this is for business purposes only.

i recently wrote a story for a tc called "DOOM 2: Rise of the Mancubi." currently i'm drawing level concepts on papers, drawing concepts of monsters, and a few other things. i need some people to help with sprites and level building and programming and all that who rah jazz. i'll upload the story if anybody's interested, but i can't email any scanned pictures of levels or monsters, et cetera. i can also program and write the music after the levels are done. check my profile for contact information if you're interested. i can fill you in on more details that way as well.

It's pretty hard to find volunteers for projects like this nowadays. Good luck with your project anyway.

I can help with a few sprites and maybe some sounds, if you credit me appropriately that is... So? I have a lot of projects to work on right now(well, 2 projects, but that is A LOT in terms of projects) so I might be too busy.

Suggestion: Post the story, so people know what they can look forward to making in the TC. If noone likes it, find a different topic.

I'm busy with my mini-episode. I'm still looking for someone to make me the sprites for a monster I want that'll be like a Cyberdemon or Spider Mastermind (someone suggested a Scorpion Mastermind, which sounded good). Wish I could find someone to make me a monster, I'd be able to finish my episode thingy.

sorry i haven't replied in a while. wrote that at school, then got busy. yeah, i know what you mean about projects. although i'm not doing doom related projects, except for this one, i'm bogged down in music (i'm trying to get this kid to let me produce him) + school. anyway, the story.

[hl]
DOOM: Rise of the Mancubi

Shortly after the enslavment of the mancubi, the two lesser powers of hell had a dissagrement as to which course of action to take. The elder soul won, and the invasion of earth began; however, he was only able to take 1/4 of the mancubi with him. The remainder of the mancubi were kept in a prison cell known as "The Farm." In reinforced steel cages, the mancubi were kept strong, but the other lesser power, a wicked soul who inhabited earth long ago as 'Creigten Gebb,' did not activly train the mancubi for warfare; they were much better workers.

An eldery mancubus named Fremau is the one credited for starting the revolution. Learning of earth by tapping into the brainwaves of the Mastermind, Fremau quickly learned and taught the other mancubi of this planet, its inhabitants, and its languages. Escape plans were made, and volunteers were at hand.

The plan was succesful, and the fifteen mancubi broke free from their cages. The minions of hell learned of this and did all that they could to stop them from reaching an open gate to earth. By the time the escapes had reached the gate, their numbers had been cut down to two.

You are a Marine ho witnessed your troop get slaughted when the armies of hell unleashed their attack on an unexpecting earth. With the only other surviving Marine from your platoon, you successfully arive at a hidden weapons base. Out of ammo, you two scrounge around for some heavier firepower than you puny rifles and pistols when you could across an active gate. Quickly you run for the control room but the doors seal closed as the gate has started to recieve data. A large mancubi without flamethrowers for arms appears and comes toward you. It appears your death warrant has been signed.

The mancubus does not attack; instead he speaks directly to your mind. You find his name is Fremau, and he comes alone. The only other mancubus to have reached the gate with him was mowed down before he entered. Fremau explains the dire situation of the mancubi, and how the people of earth are the only ones who can save them now. You and your soldier buddy accept the mission with ease; you're gonna die anyway, so you best do it with honour.

You search for weapons to bring with you on your mission. As you locate some pistol ammo, you hear loud bangs on the door: seems the demons have found you. Fremau tells you to go ahead, that he'll block their passage. Your buddy jumps into the gate, and you follow shortly thereafter. When you get to the other side, it seems that you telefrag your buddy. Oh well. You quickly load your pistol and get moving; if they don't know you're here already, they'll soon find out.
[hl]

i'm working on drawing monster and map concepts. i'm not a very good artist, but i can draw just enough to give people basic ideas.

hope you enjoy the story.

great weapon. i already know how i could use it. thanks scuba.

the telefragging was weak huh? needed a reason to kill him. i could change it.

i am getting scared i won't be able to draw up 32 levels. i have three concepts, and one drawn. plus it all has to be zdoom beta compatible and shit, so i dunno. i'm trying.

I dunno.. I was thinking like honorable Mancubus Takes the brunt of Enemy fire, being the tanks that Mancubii(?) are and dies fending off weak ass imps, demons, and maybe a hell knight or two.

Those guys don't fuck around you know... /me gargles like Mancubus

yeah, the mancubi died protecting the marines; i'm gonna rewrite the entire story, including all the sequences that appear in the game and shit tonight (which means i won't do my spanish homework, get another zero, and end up flunking this semester). but like i said, i needed a reason to kill off the other marine. telefragging seemed like a logical idea at the time.

i remember excessivly gargling like a mancubus at a laser tag game once when i went by the codename 'mancubus.' it pissed the others off eventually.

the archetecture varies. the tc actually takes place on a planet hell previously took over. it starts out in a metal like structure but goes into a rocky opening and a canyon area. some of the levels are factory style archetecture, others are rocky & dirt areas. i'm gonna draw out all the levels then scan the pictures tonight. i'm actually missing 16 levels which i've as of yet to decide what to create. when i've got those drwan and scanned i'll im/pm/email them to you.

i've also drawn out weapons and weapon frames. i need someone to convert these into sprites and all that (i'm ignorant of the lingo, sorry.) if anyone could help, pm/im/email me.