Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blackroat

How much coke do you drink a day?

I was recently in the habit of buying a small bottle of coke when I went for my weekly grocery trip. I cut that shit out though. The first sip would be glorious. The second sip was okay. The rest was "I'm just drinking the rest of this so it doesn't go to waste". 

I stopped drinking soda altogether two years ago. Once I saw what a Mountain Dew was doing to my blood sugar I figured I should probably stop it. It's really, really bad for you.

For years I'd have at least one Mountain Dew a day, but yeah, when you start seeing your blood sugar spike you have second thoughts.

I drink all kinds of sodas and energy drinks that my blood is probably carbonated at this point. Like if I accidentally cut myself on a nail or something there would be an audible fizzzzzz.

Highest I ever got was a 20 oz bottle a day and that was a long time ago, but damn, 3 liters?!

I had to cut down on soda and save it for special occasions or takeout. Drinking soda like it's water makes it lose its charm.

From the ages of 3-16 I drank about two cans of soda everyday. Thankfully I moved on from that but I still ingest more sugar than what is most likely healthy due to all the tea I drink.

We literally drink the same amount of pepsi, probably more. i really need to stop. i try to balance it out and drink more water or something some weeks but i cant help myself

2 hours ago, Blackroat said:

I drink 3 liters of Pepsi a day nowadays myself. 

Please stop, that might not be a problem if you're younger but it will take it's toll on you as you get older and permanently wreck your body.

I drink a small bottle of coke once a month. It tastes much better the longer you go without it.

Depends on the day. Somedays I would drink nothing but tea, juice, or water. On somedays I would drink maybe 2 cans of soda a day. While others I would only drink soda ranging from 5 - 6

Used to drink a lot, maybe 3 or 4 cans a day. Now I'm down to 1 or none. I'm wanting to quit entirely. Sparkling water helps kick the need too.

Pretty much never have any sort of pop/soda. Super bad for you, waste of $$$, puts on big pounds. My uncle on the other hand drinks approximately 10-14 liters of diet coke a day (observed during work hours, probably more after). He literally can't drink anything else anymore without causing intense stomach pains.

I drink the occasional sugar-free energy drink, but yeah, the acids and crazy amounts of sugar in most energy drinks / pops is horrible for your dental hygiene. That's why I stay away most of the time...

16 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Used to drink a lot, maybe 3 or 4 cans a day. Now I'm down to 1 or none. I'm wanting to quit entirely. Sparkling water helps kick the need too.

I second this, Sparkling water has been a huge help whenever I have the urge to to drink a pop but know I probably shouldn't.

Dentists are very expensive, even with insurance, and once they start replacing your fucked up teeth they've basically got you for the rest of your life. That would be my argument from experience against excessive soda drinking.

Not for 15 years or more. Vile stuff, even the sugar free variants.

3 hours ago, Blackroat said:

Jesus dude. That's basically slow motion suicide.

Usually zero, I rarely have them. I'm not strict about my eating at all, but I just don't care for soda that much, and it's not encouraging that coke is one of the most nutritionally useless substances a person could consume. Calories don't get much more empty than that.

Rarely. But I still drink cordials at home as I still have a weakness for sugar. At least I'm not as suicidal as the daily soda drinkers.

I haven't had soda for over about 2 months now? when i do drink it rarely is more than a couple of cans. I do like soda and it's not like i avoid it, i just don't really go out of my way to buy any.

I drink about a liter a day. Which is already too much.

And yeah, soda fucks up your dental hygiene big time. Which is why I try to quit time and time again but the addiction brings me back. 

7 hours ago, Blackroat said:

Jesus, that's insane! That's over half your daily recommended calories and nearly ten times your daily recommended sugar intake.

Please consider drinking less. There are no nutritional benefits to drinking that much Pepsi, and you're likely doing yourself active harm.

I'm also one of those people who drank soda like there's no tomorrow at one point, but I started cutting down on the stuff around my early 20s, eventually dropping it entirely. I can still drink the occasional soda, but that's like a once-a-year occurrence. Shit ain't good for your health.