Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blackroat

How much coke do you drink a day?

20 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

You keep misunderstanding me. I said "somewhat normal". You seem to be think that normal means always means ok and accepted. The correct definition is "conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected." If one looks at modern society, particularly in places where binge drinking is part of the culture, it is completely normal to come across people with varying degrees of alcoholism. Doesn't mean it's considered a good thing.

And yes, junk food addiction can have severe effects on your health, just like alcholism no matter how much you want to say it doesn't.

Yes, if people want to ruin their health that's their call. But if they bring it up in a public forum, they should expect comments about it.

Drinking alcohol to get drunk does not only harm you physically but also it chances your behaviour under the influence of it. What is worse, if you are blackout drunk, you have no idea of where you are and what you are doing. One who is blackout drunk has no idea where he is or what he is doing.

Whenever I drank alcohol (I did not drink everyday), I only drank it to get very drunk. Many times I went blackout  drunk or I passed out. I don't even know what I am doing when I am blackout drunk. Anything can happen to me if I am out of home.

Alcoholism is a hell lot different than tobacco addiction or junk food addiction.

Edited by Blackroat

2 minutes ago, Blackroat said:

Drinking alcohol to get drunk does not only harm you physically but also it chances your behaviour under the influence of it.

And the next day, you feel like sh*t with the hangover. Try to drink alcohol everyday TO GET DRUNK and compare it with eating junk food everyday.

Whenever I drank alcohol, I only drank it to get very drunk. Many times I went blackout  drunk or I passed out. I don't even know what I am doing. Anything can happen to me if I am out of home.

Sounds like the problem here is the same with your coke habit: you didn't use responsibly. 

Alcohol will not harm you physically if you use it in moderation. You also won't get a hangover.

The problem is with you, to be blunt.

3 minutes ago, Blackroat said:

Drinking alcohol to get drunk does not only harm you physically but also it chances your behaviour under the influence of it.

And the next day, you feel like sh*t with the hangover. Try to drink alcohol everyday TO GET DRUNK and compare it with eating junk food everyday.

Yes, I am aware of how alcohol works. I did not say it's exactly the same. I said their was loose similarities and explained precisely what I meant by that. Your inability to accept this is not my problem. Drop it.

4 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Sounds like the problem here is the same with your coke habit: you didn't use responsibly. 

Alcohol will not harm you physically if you use it in moderation. You also won't get a hangover.

The problem is with you, to be blunt.

Other poster was seeing alcoholism as something like tobacco addict or junk food addict. Something as simple as them.

3 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Yes, I am aware of how alcohol works. I did not say it's exactly the same. I said their was loose similarities and explained precisely what I meant by that. Your inability to accept this is not my problem. Drop it.

I edited my post.

46 minutes ago, Blackroat said:

Why should it?

I don't think a thread where a guy talks about why drinking 3 liters of coke daily and not brushing his teeth is a good thing to have up.

I never drink cola at all.  And if that happens it either is not Coca Cola or Pepsi, but an odd cola mix (like cherry coke, but not coke with vanilla, that stuff's nasty) or knock-off I found somewhere in a store. Cola also usually leaves a weird feeling on my teeth, almsot like sandpaper which I absolutely hate. And mind you I brush my teeth every day!

With that being said, it's safe to say I drink more beer than cola. And that is also very rare that I drink beer.

probably around 2 cans of soda a year. feelin pretty good about that. what i don't feel good about is the 500+ mg of coffee/caffeine I have every day.

I'd say around half a liter of soda each day. But I also drink water and a lot.....so that helps to balance the soda....right?

2 hours ago, Sergeant G said:

No soda, no energy drinks. Coffee and tea in equally excessive measure, depending on the time of night.

Weird, I find coffee itself to be the most offensive to my well being. It brings me into an unnaturally active state, which can really upset me if I don't have anything epic to do. And I inevitably have trouble sleeping at night. I prefer just sleeping enough. So yeah, I'm on my way of removing all coffee from my diet. The potential that coffee, implying high blood pressure, means that I get higher ACE2 receptor vulnerability to SARS-COV-2, made me avoid coffee even more. I just take it rarely as an extra safety if I didn't sleep enough last night, and I have to drive through a long tricky route, but I often regret it afterwards.

Coca-Cola also has caffeine; tea also does similar stuff to my body, but the former is weaker, and the latter seems to be marketed in soft variants as well.

8 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I rarely drink any kind of soda. I use a mixer that you add to water. No sugar or artificial sweeteners, but it has caffeine in it. 80mg a teaspoon. I've never even felt remotely addicted to caffeine.

I do drink 1-2 gallons of white grapefeuit juice every day though, for the past 5 years or so.

Also @Blackroat, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Going to the bar and having some spirits or watching a ballgame while having a cold one is completely normal, even if you don't do it. Smokers are looked down upon much more, because almost all cigarette smokers are addicted (and it's gross in many different ways, and this is coming from someone who smoked cigars for years) as apposed to people who drink. Most people who drink aren't alcoholics.

Now being a full-on alcoholic is going to catch you more flak than being a smoker, but you seem to be implying that drinking in general is going to be seen as worse than being a smoker. Reading through your comments has me confused though, so correct me if I'm misunderstanding something.

I was refering to getting drunk by drinking.

Besides, most people who smoke cigarettes are tobacco addicts but being addicted to tobacco is perfectly accepted. However, being an alcoholic is far from being accepted. People look down on alcoholics.

Edit:

Where I am from, smokers are not looked down on at all. Almost every adults smoke cigarettes. It is seen perfectly normal.

When I was working at a restaurant, a customer asked for a lighter and I told him I don't smoke. He looked at me like I was from space or somewhere. There was almost no worker who was not smoking.

Edited by Blackroat

What is viewed as acceptable varies massively from place to place. But what has been happening has been a huge drop in smoking numbers in a lot of countries as people have realised how bad they are for you (very) and how much tobacco companies have been lying about it (a lot). I work in an industry with historically high levels of smoking and even in the last 10 years that's changed. Now the few smokers that I do see will ask if they're allowed to smoke on site before they do, and everyone I know who smokes (across the world) will always talk about how they know they should stop.

Regarding alcohol vs smoking it's a no brainer tbh. There are safe ways to consume alcohol. There are no safe ways to consume cigarettes. I'm not saying alcohol doesn't have a societal cost, because it does. But it pales in comparison the death toll and healthcare costs associated with cigarettes.

Anything is bad for you if it becomes an addiction or you abuse it. You can kill yourself if you drink too much water

i mean, you can kill yourself with a lot of things, water isn't the best example ;P but yeah. re: addiction, knowing when to quit is one of the most important lessons you can teach yourself - or be taught by lying to yourself that it's fine and that you don't need to quit. i've been through the wringer in terms of drug use and it had me reflect on just how many little addictions we all have going unchecked. dopamine is a motherfucker and can make you stupid. don't let it get away with its bullshit!

we can have a little bit of most things, many maligned activities are harmless and benign, but when a little becomes a lot, uh oh!

5 minutes ago, msx2plus said:

we can have a little bit of most things, many maligned activities are harmless and benign, but when a little becomes a lot, uh oh!

Everything in moderation is a good way to go through life.

8 minutes ago, msx2plus said:

i mean, you can kill yourself with a lot of things, water isn't the best example ;P but yeah. re: addiction, knowing when to quit is one of the most important lessons you can teach yourself - or be taught by lying to yourself that it's fine and that you don't need to quit. i've been through the wringer in terms of drug use and it had me reflect on just how many little addictions we all have going unchecked. dopamine is a motherfucker and can make you stupid. don't let it get away with its bullshit!

I used pharmacy drugs in bad ways by overdosing on them. For instance, I was taking 2 boxes of Atarax 25 mg at once, which is 60 pills. This was a lot more harmful than drinking 3 liters of coke in a day :)

it ain't about more or less harmful or this or that, of course - it's about assessing how the harms add up. some add up very quickly in the short term, others over decades of unaddressed actions. just be mindful is all.

I used to drink a metric tonne of Soda/Coke, sugar free usually and I tell you what swapping it out for various teas or just regular water has done me no end of good.

I've found that various fruity flavoured teas are a great replacement for fruity soda, Tetley (for the rest of my UK boys n girls) do a great selection but nothing beats Twinings, they do some absolutely killer tea (personal favourite is Lady Grey).

But hey, it's your life, I ain't your doctor.

18 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

I've found that various fruity flavoured teas are a great replacement for fruity soda, Tetley (for the rest of my UK boys n girls) do a great selection but nothing beats Twinings, they do some absolutely killer tea (personal favourite is Lady Grey).

English breakfast or GTFO ;p

47 minutes ago, Snaxalotl said:

As much as I want to, though these days I mostly go for beer.

I never liked beer because all alcohol drinks already taste like sh*t from beer to whiskey and it is hard to get drunk with beers. I only wanted to get as drunk as possible, which means getting blackout drunk.

My purpose of drinking was to get as drunk as possible. Later, I started locking myself at home throwing the key in difficult places which would even be hard to get after sobering up in order not to go out when I am blackout drunk. I ended up sobering up in hospitals without remembering anything too many times. I was going out without remembering anything and I was passing out somewhere outside and sobering up in hospital.

Edited by Blackroat

1liter in a 2-3 days. Trying to get of my addiction to this stuff. Rn. drink mostly sweet cold tea.

Usually 1-2 standard bottles (350ml bottle) per week at most.

I personally prefer softer fizzy pops now like Fanta or Vimto and sometimes I even dabble with dandelion & Burdock.

Honestly I just drink orange juice all the time. I like oranges. :3

Started drinking soda water mixed with grape juice recently, to help me cut down on drinking beer. It's been really working! I'm far from an alcoholic but it's difficult to not have a beer or three after a long day at work, especially during summer. It's a bad habit, really. I'd reccomend drinking soda water to anyone trying to cut down on the booze or maybe even Coka-cola. The differnece in energy levels is really noticeable.