Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blackroat

I've finished Doom 2 on Nightmare for the first time

Just now, Blackroat said:

Same enviroments with same enemies. How are they designed differently?

The levels are modified between the versions. Map02 is...map03 is etc. They do not look as in the 1.9 version the rest 

of the world has been playing for decades. So its why I encourage you to get the newest version of doom2.wad. 

20 hours ago, Blackroat said:

All I play is Classic Doom, Heretic and Duke Nukem 3D. So, I did not bother learning to play with a mouse,

You've been betrayed from childhood onwards. All these games are designed to be played with mouse support.

2 hours ago, skogsto09 said:

The levels are modified between the versions. Map02 is...map03 is etc. They do not look as in the 1.9 version the rest 

of the world has been playing for decades. So its why I encourage you to get the newest version of doom2.wad. 

So, are you implying that I finished the maps of 1,2,3,5, 13,16,18,31,32 without even dying once on Nightmare and only used one single save for map 6 at the end (except one, map 16, they were also pistol start) because of these changes you've been talking about which I can't even notice?

I have all those videos but they seem to have no importance because it is not what you call a demo.

Edit:

In Map 6, due to not being able to walk on demons in my first time at the end, I used just one single save. It was not because I died but a load is a load and it should count as dying.

Edited by Blackroat

While there have been some changes between versions, most of them are frankly quite inconsequential. Like in MAP02 they removed the silver bar in front of the first switch (some people were confused and didn't know they opened) and accidentally stuck a shotgunner (and a few barrel) in the wall. In MAP03 they added a hidden (but not technically secret) backpack. This kind of things.

48 minutes ago, Blackroat said:

So, are you implying that I finished the maps of 1,2,3,5,13,16,18,31,32 without even dying once on Nightmare and only used one single save for map 6 at the end (except one, map 16, they were also pistol start) because of these chances you've been talking about which I can't even notice?

I have all those videos but they seem to have no importance because it is not what you call a demo.

Using the most common version simply makes life easier because of increased compatibility to the rest of the world.

Edited by DoomGater

2 minutes ago, Blackroat said:

So, are you implying that I finished the maps of 1,2,3,5,13,16,18, 31, 32 without even dying once on Nightmare and only used one single save for map 6 (except one, they were also pistol start) because of these chances you've been talking about which I can't even notice?

How can you notice any changes if you don`t even have the newest version of doom2.wad to compare with ? 

Also, if you start to actual read what I have been saying...I have adviced you to record a demo because it will make it alot easier and better to capture
your video from. So it was a friendly advice. As well as making sure you at least update the game to the newest version.  

2 minutes ago, skogsto09 said:

How can you notice any changes if you don`t even have the newest version of doom2.wad to compare with ? 

Also, if you start to actual read what I have been saying...I have adviced you to record a demo because it will make it alot easier and better to capture
your video from. So it was a friendly advice. As well as making sure you at least update the game to the newest version.  

I've been playing Doom 2 since I was a kid.

1 minute ago, Blackroat said:

I've been playing Doom 2 since I was a kid.

Then you have played an outdated version of the game since you was a kid I'm afraid. 
Seeing you are not aware and don`t spot the differences between the versions. 
It should be time to patch your iwad. 

You have been given alot of useful advice, everything from making it better for you to capture your video from a demo file.
To playing the most recent version of the game that will ensure compatibility and no issues. 

Its up to you where you decide to go from here. 

1 minute ago, skogsto09 said:

Then you have played an outdated version of the game since you was a kid I'm afraid. 
Seeing you are not aware and don`t spot the differences between the versions. 
It should be time to patch your iwad. 

You have been given alot of useful advice, everything from making it better for you to capture your video from a demo file.
To playing the most recent version of the game that will ensure compatibility and no issues. 

Its up to you where you decide to go from here. 

Did you read all I wrote above? I had asked a question.

8 minutes ago, Blackroat said:

Did you read all I wrote above? I had asked a question.

I did, and I asked you this quote: "How can you notice any changes if you don`t even have the newest version of doom2.wad to compare with ? "

Didnt get any logical reply to that.

Just now, skogsto09 said:

I did, and I asked you this quote: "How can you notice any changes if you don`t even have the newest version of doom2.wad to compare with ? "

Didnt get any logical reply to that.

If we look for one original version, then it shoud be the first version. Why newer version?

If we look for one original version, then it shoud be the first version. Why newer version?

You are not answering my question. 

You have been told by many why you should play the newest version. So I do not need to repeat what you have been told already. 

1 minute ago, skogsto09 said:

You are not answering my question. 

You have been told by many why you should play the newest version. So I do not need to repeat what you have been told already. 

So the newer version was how it was back in 1994?

Just now, Eggman07 said:

I'm not sure that Blackroat knows proper English.

Thats ok, but he needs to tell us then...so perhaps things can be explained differently.

Just now, Blackroat said:

So the newer version was how it was back in 1994?

Yes, ID Software offical game version of doom2 is v.1.9 

Just now, skogsto09 said:

Yes, ID Software offical game version of doom2 is v.1.9 

Didn't 1.9 come after 1.66?

2 minutes ago, roadworx said:

jfc why do you care so much that he makes a damn demo file, leave op alone

It's not a valid run unless he played the latest version of DOOM 2 AND uploads all the demos. LMFAO.

I mentioned how I even finished some of the maps without even dying once and pistol start above (I have all videos on Youtube)...

And all is because it was not 1.9?

Not because I developed skill in the last few years?

1 minute ago, Umbra said:

It's not a valid run unless he played the latest version of DOOM 2 AND uploads all the demos. LMFAO.

if he's not gonna upload demos to dsda and isn't in the competitive scene, then who fucking cares

2 minutes ago, Blackroat said:

I mentioned how I even finished some of the maps without even dying once and pistol start above (I have all videos on Youtube)...

Not because I developed skill in the last few years?

Nobody said that. Updating your game to the newest version was a friendly advice from me. 

Also making a demo so you can easily capture the video from that rather than the method you have used was also meant as a friendly advice.  

I don't know what's up here because everybody many people is are so obsessed with demos, but in the mean time, OP is using GZDoom and nobody cares about that. Therefore I can't tell what you do you want to get from these kind of advices. I'm not standing on OP's side, but in the meantime, doing these nonsensical requests will result in nothing.

Updating the game on the other hand, I agree with that.

EDIT: Sorry, English is not my first language and I don't know how to speak.

Edited by GarrettChan

7 minutes ago, Blackroat said:

Not because I can play on Nightmare. And not because I developed skill on Nightmare in the last few years.

Pay no mind lol, they are just trying to minimize your personal achievement in a passive-aggressive and condescending way because if it's not in a "competitive way" using the "latest WAD version" and "demo lump files", your run is moot. Just don't bother at this point.

The first would be the original, then.

The reason why game companies patch games is to fix issues\bugs from one version to another. Its why we all play v1.9 instead of 1.666 or some other versions of the iwad in between. Without source ports you would also have to deal with .exe changes in how the game actually plays when using different versions. 

I am not sure what your point is to be honest?

...you can play however you want and ignore everything I or others have said, there is no problem with that either. 

20 minutes ago, Blackroat said:

Which Windows version are you using? The original one, or a more recent flavour?
ok.....and: why?

yeah, i will agree with those saying to update your game; there's no reason not to. the maps, weapons, enemies, and all that are all the same, it just fixes some annoying stuff