Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blackroat

I've finished Doom 2 on Nightmare for the first time

3 minutes ago, Umbra said:

Pay no mind lol, they are just trying to minimize your personal achievement in a passive-aggressive and condescending way because if it's not in a "competitive way" using the "latest WAD version" and "demo lump files", your run is moot. Just don't bother at this point.

Where exacly are you getting this from? 

He has been given advice to record a demo so he can more easily capture his videos from there.
He has been adviced to update the iwad to the newest version, so he can continue playing and ensure compatibility.

How do you interpret that as a way of minimize his personal achievement?  

20 minutes ago, skogsto09 said:

Where exacly are you getting this from? 

He has been given advice to record a demo so he can more easily capture his videos from there.
He has been adviced to update the iwad to the newest version, so he can continue playing and ensure compatibility.

How do you interpret that as a way of minimize his personal achievement?  

It is coming from how it does not count as finishing Doom 2 on Nightmare. Because it was not 1.9 but 1.66.

And second thing is...videos don't show the way I play because it is not what it is called a demo.

It is coming from how everything is being said to ignore that I finished Doom 2 on Nightmare.

Edit:

I didn't actually know finishing Doom 2 on Nightmare was something this unbelieveable on the forum.

Edited by Blackroat

11 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

I don't know what's up here because everybody is so obsessed with demos, but in the mean time, OP is using GZDoom and nobody cares about that. Therefore I can't tell what you do you want to get from these kind of advices. I'm not standing on OP's side, but in the meantime, doing these nonsensical requests will result in nothing.

Updating the game on the other hand, I agree with that.

You don`t know whats up because you don`t actually make any effort into reading either. 

Its been stated that demos are useful in his case because it allows a playback within the sourceport, which you can easily capture video from.
Thats where the demos thing comes into from my stand point at least. I am not sure why this is so complicated to comprehend? 

Just now, skogsto09 said:

You don`t know whats up because you don`t actually make any effort into reading either. 

Its been stated that demos are useful in his case because it allows a playback within the sourceport, which you can easily capture video from.
Thats where the demos thing comes into from my stand point at least. I am not sure why this is so complicated to comprehend? 

I didn't reply to you.

It's funny I actually read everything and was accused for not bother reading anything in the whole thread and got aggressively attacked.

This is the second time I merely said something and didn't quote anybody and got twisted in the way they think what I mean.

1 minute ago, Blackroat said:

It is coming from how it does not count as finishing Doom 2 on Nightmare. Because it was not 1.9 but 1.66.

And second thing is...videos don't show the way I play because it is not what it is called a demo.

Your run does not count in any official capacity, for many reasons. You are using save games and play outdated version of the iwad and miss a demo file.  

If you want to play like this and label it as a personal achivement like you have done, then thats totally fine and no problem with that.
You have been given some advice to consider updating the game, and maybe record demos for the sake of making a video easier from that. 
That`s all there is to it really.  

5 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

I didn't reply to you.

That does not matter, what I just told you is still just as valid. 

Just now, skogsto09 said:

That does not matter, what I just told you is still just as valid. 

Stop quoting me, thanks.

22 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

I don't know what's up here because everybody is so obsessed with demos, but in the mean time, OP is using GZDoom and nobody cares about that. Therefore I can't tell what you do you want to get from these kind of advices. I'm not standing on OP's side, but in the meantime, doing these nonsensical requests will result in nothing.

Updating the game on the other hand, I agree with that.

Everybody includes me just as much as everybody else mate. So I sorta think you should expect to be quoted by everybody. If not then "everybody" might not be the best word to use. 

4 minutes ago, skogsto09 said:

Your run does not count in any official capacity, for many reasons. You are using save games and play outdated version of the iwad and miss a demo file.  

If you want to play like this and label it as a personal achivement like you have done, then thats totally fine and no problem with that.
You have been given some advice to consider updating the game, and maybe record demos for the sake of making a video easier from that. 

Did I ever say something like I finished Doom 2 without saves? What the hell.

Just now, Blackroat said:

Did I ever say something like I finished Doom 2 without saves? What the hell.

No. I gave you an explanation to why it will not count in any official context. But its all ok as a personal achivement. 
All I have ever done is to give you advice, such as updating the game and record demos to capture your videos from. 
I am not sure how you interpret that as insults in a negative way. 

5 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Oh crap, English is not my first language, so well, what can I do.

BTW, stop quoting me. Thanks.

Then that might be the reason why you have not understood whats going on here. 

Before making judgements its a good practice to either ask for a different explanation which you will understand better.
Or just let us know English is not your first language and that some misunderstanding might occur. 

3 minutes ago, skogsto09 said:

Then that might be the reason why you have not understood whats going on here. 

Before making judgements its a good practice to either ask for a different explanation which you will understand better.
Or just let us know English is not your first language and that some misunderstanding might occur. 

Do you know how to read English? I can see you recorded a lot of demos and you're proud of it. I see your point (the point not being the last sentence because that one is supposed to be sarcastic). I just don't understand why you think I don't understand your point and furiously quoted me in succession to explain yourself. Everybody does include you, but the problem to you is OP likes to do things in his own way, why would you care?

So maybe, to avoid misunderstandings, we should post our English skills on a scale from 1 to 10?. And maybe our IQ, too? Could not harm, either.

D2 NM using the kbd _is_ something, Sure. But why stop when there's room for improvement?
Anyway, I'm getting tired. good nite :-)

Why even mention that it doesn't count in "an official context" when OP made no claims as to such?

Anyway, with regards to recording demos, version, etc., everything I care to say is in my first reply on the first page of this thread.

I just don't get how a thread somebody opened to talk about his recent achievement turned into a shit show within a matter of minutes... I could have understood this if one of the first courses of action would have been to shit on a mapset for reasons such as a bruised ego, but this is just beyond me...

Why would anybody need to provide a demo to prove legitimacy of a non-competitive achievement that doesn't actually affect anyone..? And why would anybody ask for such a verification when it seems so highly implausible that anyone would go out of their way to edit a video in order to make believe, let alone several videos..?

Anyway... congratulations on your achievement... and welcome to "the community"...

20 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Do you know how to read English? I can see you recorded a lot of demos and you're proud of it. I see your point (the point not being the last sentence because that one is supposed to be sarcastic). I just don't understand why you think I don't understand your point and furiously quoted me in succession to explain yourself. Everybody does include you, but the problem to you is OP likes to do things in his own way, why would you care?

Never mentioned my demos at any point. 

In my quote above here, can you honestly not see any valid points here ? 

8 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I just don't get how a thread somebody opened to talk about his recent achievement turned into a shit show within a matter of minutes... I could have understood this if one of the first courses of action would have been to shit on a mapset for reasons such as a bruised ego, but this is just beyond me...

Why would anybody need to provide a demo to prove legitimacy of a non-competitive achievement that doesn't actually affect anyone..? And why would anybody ask for such a verification when it seems so highly implausible that anyone would go out of their way to edit a video in order to make believe, let alone several videos..?

Anyway... congratulations on your achievement... and welcome to "the community"...

I just adviced him to record a demo as it would be easier to capture his videos from that, rather than the method he uses.
Along side with updating his game. Not sure how that turned out to be insulting or worse. 

7 minutes ago, skogsto09 said:

Never mentioned my demos at any point. 

In my quote above here, can you honestly not see any valid points here ? 

I told you, I see your point, and your problem is trying to change whatever OP is doing, instead of your point being not valid or reasonable. Now it's to the point that you're the big problem here because you personally ignore what all other people are actual talking and living in your own world. I told you multiple times to stop quoting me and I didn't even want to quote you in a few of those posts.

Now I'm adding you to the blocked list. Thanks for being nice.

23 minutes ago, Umbra said:

Thank God you can put inbreds like this demo-obsessed nutjob in your ignore list.

Anyways, good job once more on your achievement OP.

Demo was suggested in the context of capture video more easy. I was put out there as a friendly advice. 

Alongside with updating the iwad of the game.

And I can quote myself saying that over and over again.

The way you phrase yourself is note worthy though.   

If one actually cares to watch the videos OP shared, one can see that OP is using saves and loads, which renders moot the whole talk about recording demos.

3 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

I told you, I see your point, and your point is trying to change whatever OP is doing, instead of your point being not valid or reasonable. Now it's to the point that you're the big problem here because you personally ignore what all other people are actual talking and living in your own world. I told you multiple times to stop quoting me and I didn't even want to quote you in a few of those posts.

Now I'm adding you to the blocked list. Thanks for being nice.

So by saying 

That translates to me beeing the big problem and living in my own world? and what I'm saying there is not valid and reasonable. 

Well that does not make much logical sense to me at least.

3 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

anyway.... I just checked, even though it's not my business and it turns out that we have a ban-evader here...

YT account of vids of the old account is the same as in the OP:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2164262

Something must be going on here, I have seldom seen this level of contaminated thinking and reasoning.