Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emperor S P O O N

The Civvie 11 Massacre -- A 20 map contest megawad [DONE]

This looks lovely! Will definitely give it a try later, congrats on the release fellas. On a side note, Civvie was one of the dudes that got me into OG Doom (and I believe many as well), so this is a well deserved homage.

Spoiler

CV-11 Massacre when, Civvie?

Rules.  Where we're going we don't need rules/

Also, FREAKING SWEET. This should be pretty fun. Too bad we didnt get the Shatner cameo.

Curious if will we see this .wad soon on his channel.

I'm pretty glad of some references and how plays this doom wad.

On 8/22/2021 at 10:49 PM, Arcterezion said:

Wonder how many easter eggs I'll find... Assuming there are any.

Oh, my sweet summer child... *rubs hands*

Just finished Map 01 - classy and fun. Loved the Casali reference(s). Before going any further, tho: what are those voxels which are trying to load? 

cv11_error.png

Edit:

Also, hope yall don't mind, but I made a simple edit to Maxwell's statusbar so it will look nice in widescreen.

In case you don't like it, hmu and I'll delete it.

Edited by Mike Stu : Made the thingy

@Mike Stu Those are voxels I made that are used for the TITLEMAP (the map used for the custom title screen) to emulate Civvie's cell room. Don't worry about it, it still works just fine even with those warnings. The voxels will still load in and show, and it shouldn't affect gameplay in any way.

Spoiler

Also, I really like that edit to the status bar. It looks incredible! I'll let Maxwell know.

so Idk why the doors that lead to the maps won't open for me so I've had to noclip into the rooms I feel I'm doing something wrong or haven't noticed a switched that opens them 

@Emperor S P O O N Ah, I see! Makes sense. Btw I'm on a map 12 now, having a blast. Haven't had any problems so far. 

Spoiler

...Aside from map12 where the platform didn't trigger and I had to idclip - but that was just me being a dumb dumb I later found out. For whatever reason, KVELLER's Smooth Doom edit is conflicting with that specific map (regular Smooth Doom works just fine, tested it out). Oh well.

Anyway, glad you liked the status bar edit!

14 hours ago, United VirusX said:

so Idk why the doors that lead to the maps won't open for me so I've had to noclip into the rooms I feel I'm doing something wrong or haven't noticed a switched that opens them 

If you loaded the wad with other mods, you might want to check them. There may be some sort of conflict between what mods you're loading in and the wad itself. Try the wad with no mods first, then gradually add one mod at a time to see which one is causing the issue.

EDIT: Also try checking your load order for those mods if that ain't working. Be sure the wad is loaded in first before anything else.

On 9/1/2021 at 7:23 PM, United VirusX said:

Try setting the compability to "Default".

Hey, just popping in to see if anybody found the secret level yet :)

Spoiler

If you're not sure how to get to it, look at the link below:

[No joke, this is actually how you find the secret level.]

Saw Decino's vid on the Haunted Mansion level in this, and was very impressed! I'll have to check out this whole WAD after I finish Literalism. 

Ok we differently need Civvie to play this now. I gotta see what he saids about this. Also is there any of civvies line in this wad? Or do i have to find out for myself?

23 hours ago, Round as a Cacodemon (Fat) said:

Why can´t I istall the WAD from Dropbox ?

You should see a download button at the top of the page. If you can't, I'm not exactly sure what's wrong.

On 9/24/2021 at 6:22 AM, Emperor S P O O N said:

Hey, just popping in to see if anybody found the secret level yet :)

Reveal hidden contents

If you're not sure how to get to it, look at the link below:

[No joke, this is actually how you find the secret level.]

Ok, so I didn't know how to get to the secret level, I was just walking around the hubmap. I accidentally found the secret level, and let me tell you 

Spoiler

The least I expected from this WAD is to get spooked by Civvie in a Supreme outfit haha

Great WAD, really enjoyed playing it:)