Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

a screenpic you gotta see

I put up a screenpic on my main page today from the third level of Descent into Hell which I am currently working on. It looked so good (to me anyway) that I had share. There are definitely some unique and infrequently used elements to this wad which will make it dazzling I think. If you look at the pic you will notice several things - first, the bridge which as it turns out isn't all that difficult to do and does have the unique ability which has been seen before of being able to be crossed above and below. The second feature which should jump right out at you in the pic is the hanging bodies (you'll see what I mean when you see the pic). The third feature which isn't so obvious because the door is closed is the door which IS see through and does work. Now if I could only figure out how to do one that goes sideways.
Lastly - the barrels in the background are in what appear to be two different levels in the same room. I used the same over - under bridge construction to create this room which in essence has two levels...
Anyway - the pic is here: http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/main/enter.html
And finally...
As the development of this particular wad has gone on, I have discovered that Vanilla Doom2 and GL ports can't seem to handle it so they don't look very good or perform the way it was designed but tests with Zdoom and Legacy proved to be utterly flawless. I hope you like what you see - let me know what you think.

Nice shoots but :

1- The walls could have a bit more details.
2- The ceilings are just plain flats on thoses pics, try to add something because a nice room isn't complete without a good ceiling architecture.

I'm still working on that room. Not done yet. I haven't decided what I'm doing with the ceilings yet. That is to be determined. I'm thinking possibly crossing beams or something. I just don't know yet. Same with that one wall - haven't decided yet. Might be a room there - might not - don't know. :-)

Try to look at other wads for inspiration.

Though Gothicdm might suck for deathmatch there is many architectural features to glean from it. Generally look around at your favourite wads. You will find that much of that beautiful architecture is within your technical grasp. (Unless it is stuff such as Phobia or Caverns of Darkness).

well, I am using some ideas that I've seen in other wads - such as the door you can see through which I got from Momento Mori but I also want to do stuff like those guys hanging from the beams extending out of the walls. I can't ever remember playing a wad that did that.
I think I saw the beam out of the wall thing in gothicdm but I can't remember. I'm pretty sure it was and that was what gave me the inspiration for it. I'm sure there will be more and I hope when I'm done I can have provided some inspirational stuff for other wad authors. :-)