Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFG38

MFG38's Doom Mapping/Editing Tutorial Dump

We all have our reasons as to why we love the Doom community, but one reason that isn't all too uncommon to see is how helpful the good majority of people seem to be. From volunteer playtesters to tutorial makers, there's no shortage of awesome individuals willing to lend a hand to beginning mappers. And today, I shall join said awesome individuals as the latter. I've been mapping for Doom since 2008, and since then, I've accumulated a lot of experience and knowledge about how things in Doom maps work - it only feels right to finally get around to sharing some of that experience.

This thread will serve as a central "hub" of sorts for all of the Doom mapping/editing tutorials I write up on my new(ish) website. Every tutorial is linked in the list below, and new ones will be added to it ASAP whenever I write them.

LIST OF TUTORIALS

1. Hexagons in Doom Builder the easy way
  2. Hexen-style hub system
  3. Map formats and which one to pick
  4. The joy of Wait()ing
  5. The MBF sky transfer
  6. WAD project organization tips

PS. Tutorial suggestions/requests are most welcome! If you have anything you'd like to know about Doom mapping/editing (or just want to challenge me with), let me know and I'll write a tutorial about it to the best of my ability.

Edited by MFG38