Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Death and music

I don't know if this is a tradition in your country, and I don't know if you have given this subject some thought. But let's just pretend we're going to die tomorrow. What song would you like others to hear on your funeral? My song is not really a serious choice, but rather a symbolic and funny one. I'd like other people to hear Doom II's end-theme.
So what's your pick?

That one from the Wizard of Oz, ya know, the Ding Dong The witch is dead one. :D

But seriously probably The music it plays at the end of each episode in Doom. :D

I've always liked Be Thou My Vision for a more somber tune, but apart from that, I wouldn't mind a Klem song or two =)

depends, if there are going to be old people, then Korn's "dead bodies everywhere". moreso if at night in a graveyard area.

the music from the end of doom64 would be cool.

i don't want a funeral, i want to be tossed into a creek or garbage dump somewhere.

but if i had to, i guess, Pop Will Eat Itself - Harry Dean Stanton. Or Beborn Beton - See You In Heaven... maybe CAKE - Where Would I Be?... or Funker Vogt - Tragic Hero... can't decide. throw me in a creek.

i'd have to avenge my death by having something really annoying played. like the fucking birdie song or something. that'd piss em off

or anything by robbie williams - god i hate him. someone should stick his stupid face on a doom monster so we can all blow his bloody head off. i'd do it myself, but i can't bring myself to look for pictures of his poxy comedy face. git

I've thought about this for a long time, actually. I'd like to have three. The first is "You Suck!" from Rise of The Triad (just for the sound). The second would be something from Kraftwerk, like "Radioactivity" (original 1970s one) or "Trans-Europe Express" (The Mix version). Finally, I'd like to have the Ayumi Hamasaki song "Ever Free". My life as a gamer, a musician, and as an otaku.

ghost said:

i'd have to avenge my death by having something really annoying played. like the fucking birdie song or something. that'd piss em off

or anything by robbie williams - god i hate him. someone should stick his stupid face on a doom monster so we can all blow his bloody head off. i'd do it myself, but i can't bring myself to look for pictures of his poxy comedy face. git

There is nothing wrong with Robin Williams, although he seems to be running a cheese factory. :P

How about "Pyramania"

Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

or

Cradle Of Filth - Hallowed Be Thy Name

either would do, since i'd end up dying that way, I just know in about 10 years i'll go on a killing spree :P