Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JBerg

Gofundme for Laz Rojas

Laz Rojas, creator of various Wolfendoom projects, is in danger of winding up in the streets again with his 83 year old mother. There’s a gofundme setup in order to help them out.

I’m always surprised to see how his life turned out. I had assumed his talent got him a job in the industry somewhere. Instead, he spent some time being homeless after having his identity stolen.

16 hours ago, JBerg said:

Laz Rojas, creator of various Wolfendoom projects, is in danger of winding up in the streets again with his 83 year old mother. There’s a gofundme setup in order to help them out.

I’m always surprised to see how his life turned out. I had assumed his talent got him a job in the industry somewhere. Instead, he spent some time being homeless after having his identity stolen.

Laz has a Doomworld profile. @Laz Rojas.

Utterly sad situation he is in.

Just donated. Laz made a lot of Doom content I've enjoyed, so its only fair to give back.

I really hope things improve for him and his mother...

I may have hated the majority of his work (apart from Operation: Arctic Wolf and maybe some of the lesser-known sets like Halten Sie! and Treasure Hunt), but I never thought he could sink this low. Maybe it's been decades since he really had the time for mapping. That's still such a sad story. I hope at least he finds something semi-permanent soon (his mother too, though idk, positive vibes really go only so far).

On 8/26/2021 at 10:04 PM, LadyMistDragon said:

I may have hated the majority of his work (apart from Operation: Arctic Wolf and maybe some of the lesser-known sets like Halten Sie! and Treasure Hunt), but I never thought he could sink this low. Maybe it's been decades since he really had the time for mapping. That's still such a sad story. I hope at least he finds something semi-permanent soon (his mother too, though idk, positive vibes really go only so far).

He stopped mapping to concentrate on his acting career. I don't think it had time to take off before he ended up homeless.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/nnkjzd/the-strange-sad-story-of-laz-rojas-the-one-man-movie-studio

This article goes in depth about what happened the first time around. Sadly the happy ending it has didn't seem to be permanent.