Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chip

DOOM: The Graphic Novel - A complete collection of DOOM Comics with wonderful Extras! - Updated to final version!

Hello my favorite sadomasochists, it is me, Chip! 

It is no news that I am OBSESSED with the DOOM comic. Just look at my custom title! I love comic books, and when I heard that there was an official DOOM Comic, I was 100% in. When I finished it, I said to myself, "I NEED MORE OF THAT!" I searched high and low for more DOOM Comics, and when I was just about to give up, I found the DOOM 2 RPG Comic. After finishing with my official DOOM Comic search, I went on to find fan comics, and boy, did I find a good one! The Green Pile was a hysterical webcomic that used to be hosted right here on the Doomworld Forums! 

There is so much DOOM Comic information out there, and yet so few actual DOOM Comics. So, while waiting for a day when there is another DOOM Comic, I decided to compile all existing DOOM Comics and make a graphic novel out of them! 

This Collection includes-

• The 1996 One-Shot DOOM Comic
  • The DOOM 2 RPG One-Shot Digital Comic
  • All 13 "Episodes" of The Green Pile

Plus:

• 3 write-ups about each comic series by yours truly
  • Cyb's introduction from "The DOOM Comic Revealed (Again)" from 10 Years of DOOM
  • A few picture Extras. 
  • Ultra High Def. 8k Cyberdemon guts!

So Get Rippin' and Tearin' in this FREE 80 page E-Graphic Novel, now! 

~Download Link~ 

Edited by Chip

Excellent compilation, Chip!
Thanks for sharing it :)
Its really cool to have both of the official comics together on a single pack ;)

Dang, thanks for compiling all of this. I used to make comics (well, what the french call "bande dessinée", different format but same principle) with over 250 pages done... You made me want to pick my pens up again and  continue the doom legacy, for which I thank you.

The panels in the Doom 2 RPG comic are definitely out of order. I don't have a precise order at hand to reference, but what's currently the second-to-last panel which ends with the line "you'd think I was nuts if I told you" should be followed up by the response "so what's your guess?" which is placed two panels before it at the moment. The line "Holy Mother of God" is the obvious lead-in to the final panel. Much of the middle seems jumbled up as well.

2 hours ago, Revenant100 said:

The panels in the Doom 2 RPG comic are definitely out of order. I don't have a precise order at hand to reference, but what's currently the second-to-last panel which ends with the line "you'd think I was nuts if I told you" should be followed up by the response "so what's your guess?" which is placed two panels before it at the moment. The line "Holy Mother of God" is the obvious lead-in to the final panel. Much of the middle seems jumbled up as well.

It's in the order from the post by u/fuckinwaluigi. I was pretty sure it was in order. I'll check again. 

Edit: That's so funny. I think we're both correct. This is the original order from the post by that user, but I don't believe he put it in the right order. I always thought it was a bit choppy. 

Sadly, this is the only way to access the comic. If somebody could help me sort out the panels, that would be very helpful. Just PM me here on the forums and we'll discuss it. I'll post an updated version of this graphic novel based on others suggestions. 

So, if you see something else you think I should change, tell me here in the comments. I want to make this perfect for everybody. 

Edited by Chip

5 minutes ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

Are you sure it's okay to share this material like this?

what do you mean? is it legal? I had a copyright notice. The DOOM Comic and The Green Pile are from Doomworld, so I don't imagine it's illegal for me to just copy and paste that info. The DOOM 2 RPG Comic may be different, but considering that it is near impossible to find it anywhere else, and that it was not the major selling point for the mobile game, ID probably wouldn't care. If they asked me to take it down, I would. 

I get the copyright law, so if ID or Beth had an issue with it, I will take it down. I don't imagine them getting that mad at me for using the comic since it was just something they seemed to just throw together as a treat for iPhone users. If they don't ask me to pull it down, I'll continue to leave it up. 

Thank you Chip!! I have never found a Doom comic (still working on that) so thank you for letting me see them all now! I also agree that it's probably no big deal to distribute. It would be different if they were selling it on Amazon but I doubt that.

Based on a cryptic remark from the other thread, I found the original source that the guy in the Reddit thread took his images from. Warning, the site is NSFW!

NSFW, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

https://e-hentai.org/g/1525985/046dde51c2/

NSFW, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

Credit to "Rusco Istar" for archiving and organizing this stuff, but to save people the trouble of browsing through a hentai site, I've downloaded, losslessly compressed, and packed the images in a family friendly mirror here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NKEsYtEg2mfkywT3r_wcYeprtjrf8Rso/view?usp=sharing

There are three versions of the comic included. According to the author's description, the two main sources are the textures extracted from the iPhone and iPod versions of the game, presented in the correct order and in their original image resolutions and quality. Of note is that the Reddit guy provided only the iPhone images but needlessly upscaled and with lossy JPEG compression.

Also included here is a "reconstruction" which combines the two, the reason for this being is that the iPhone and iPod versions present the comic in two different forms. The iPhone version we've seen presents the comic in horizontal panel format. The iPod version, on the other hand, shows that these panels were intended to be structured in standard full comic book pages and as such provide significantly uncropped versions of some of the iPhone panels. The only problem with this iPod version is that the pages are ridiculously low resolution, to the point of being completely unreadable. Hence, the reconstruction offers mostly the best of both worlds albeit with the limitations of working with low res source material to fill in some gaps.

Anywho, short of perhaps acquiring the original high resolution artwork from the artist, I gather this is probably the definitive collection of what we have for the Doom 2 RPG comic.

@Revenant100 thank you SO SO MUCH! In a bit I will edit the OP with version 1.2 of the graphic Novel with the updated graphics. I will also change the introduction of the comic to something different, since it currently credits u/fuckinwaluigi, but it seems this guy found it. Thank you so much!

Sorry for Double posting, just a reminder that the Book has been updated to its final version! Thank you to Revenant100 for your work, and everybody else for reading this! You're the best!