Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Kingslayer

How We Saw '95 Revival Thread [CLOSED]

Should we repost our maps here? If not, it might be a good idea to have the map slots link to the original posts.

5 minutes ago, C3ntralPr0cessing said:

Should we repost our maps here? If not, it might be a good idea to have the map slots link to the original posts.

That’s probably a good idea, go ahead.

More than repost them, add the links to the completed maps in the new OP thread? Also the rules and the deadline is the same from the old project?

Glad to see this was picked back up, I'm keeping my current slot.

(Basically the original post I made:) I thought a hellish castle etched into a mountain would be a pretty cool and ambitious theme for a vanilla wad, though the large open areas mostly forbid me to do too much detailing. Still think the map still looks pretty nice and moody. The combat is for the most part explosive, but I tried holding myself back on the difficulty front.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210801_004223.png.fdaaaf6f0aa2c5c5a4d69fecb1641f9a.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210801_004528.png.1c575f82a69f49ddb5ee54a284e263d5.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210801_010628.png.b2050ef8d7553db6161ea8bc5fe2f413.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210801_004727.png.7f236c586cf5ce96ea47d8dcfce09488.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210801_005010.png.a287d50c2d4e3161c56081a2aba7fff3.png

Download: Perfect Hatred.zip

Edit: Fixed some gross texture misalignment one can spot in the first screenshot

Edited by C3ntralPr0cessing

8 minutes ago, GratefulName said:

I would really liked to have submitted something for this project, hope you guys make something similar for DOOM II in the future.

Hopefully plutonia too. There is one for TNT being developed, and there's probably a few doom 2 ones, but plutonia hasn't even been touched.

I think now would be a good time for me to step down from the project. Ill be glad to let someone else take this slot.

46 minutes ago, ZeMystic said:

I think now would be a good time for me to step down from the project. Ill be glad to let someone else take this slot.

sign me in on your place

1 hour ago, Engired said:

Hopefully plutonia too. There is one for TNT being developed, and there's probably a few doom 2 ones, but plutonia hasn't even been touched.

Also for The Master Levels in some kind of "fixing" and remastering project would be a good idea.

3 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

More than repost them, add the links to the completed maps in the new OP thread? Also the rules and the deadline is the same from the old project?

I'm not sure how we should handle that, do we want to keep 12/10/23 as the deadline?

2 minutes ago, The Kingslayer said:

I'm not sure how we should handle that, do we want to keep 12/10/23 as the deadline?

I made that date the deadline as a reference to dooms release date. Thank you for taking this up from me, kingslayer too.

4 minutes ago, Redoom said:

I made that date the deadline as a reference to dooms release date. Thank you for taking this up from me, kingslayer to.

I think that's just too far ahead, it's hard to stick with a project that long. I do like the reference, though.

I was thinking we could push the deadline back to sometime in March, does that work for everyone?

what is this? If you don't mind me asking?

do you think you really need 2 years to do this? I don't imagine it taking longer than a year. 

lols that deadline was the reason i signed up for this in the first place, i like taking my time with it working on it on and off.

1 hour ago, Chip said:

do you think you really need 2 years to do this? I don't imagine it taking longer than a year. 

I assume the person who made the original merely underestimated the amount of people who ended up being interested in his comproj. He probably expected less people on it.

Usually less people on board would mean it would take more time to fill up the map slots and finish the maps.

There are so many cool maps already made for this project, its good that it gets to continue

8 minutes ago, lokbustam257 said:

hey i just woke up from my hibernation, what the hell happened recently?

Redoom decided he wasn't the right one to manage the project so someone else took over.

Since we've got some already completed maps here, let's have them playtested and once they're approved I'll make a little mark next to your spot in the listing just to keep track of who's done.