Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Kingslayer

How We Saw '95 Revival Thread [CLOSED]

I hope it isn't. Aren't majority of the maps complete and ready save for a couple?

'95 will never die!

I'm willing to carry the torch for the final leg. I will pm kingslayer to discuss where everything stands and what needs to be done before I make a new thread or anything like that. In fact, it might not really be necessary to make a new thread, although it will be kind of a pain if I can't edit the original post. Maybe I can just feed my updates to kingslayer for posting. Either way, I'm sure we can all find a way to bring this thing home.

I don't come on Doomworld often, but here's my status update: E1M9 is 80% completed and E1M8 is 50% completed. 

On 12/9/2021 at 11:13 PM, axdoomer said:

I don't come on Doomworld often, but here's my status update: E1M9 is 80% completed and E1M8 is 50% completed. 

Thanks for the update! As for everyone else, I have collected what maps I could from the thread(s). If you are the author of any of these, please check the date modified to make sure that I have the most recent version:

E1M2: @Sergeant_Mark_IV, 5/23/2021 at 9:57 AM

E1M3: @DFF, 12/2/2021 at 11:59

E2M8: @lokbustam257, 9/5/2021 at 11:00 AM

E2M9: @lokbustam257, 5/28/2021 at 5:11 PM

E3M1: @Worriedidiot, 8/29/2021 at 11:10 AM

E3M8: @Engired, 5/29/2021 at 9:51 AM

E3M9: @lokbustam257, 9/19/2021 at 11:53 AM

E4M2: @Yumheart, 9/26/2021 at 4:32 AM

That's all I was able to find via links in the threads, and I went backwards from the end so they should be up to date, but I figured it would be best to double check in case there's any discrepancy. If you think I am up to date then no need to flood the thread with "yup looks good" - I will take your silence as verification for now :)

That means the following people, excluding axdoomer, should re-send their map or let us know that you're still working:

@Walter confetti (E1M1)

@roadworx (E1M4)

@Captain Toenail (E1M5)

@Mike_C (E1M6, E2M7)

@Paf (E1M7)

@Sergeant_Mark_IV (E2M1, E2M4)

@DavidN (E2M3)

@sluggard (E2M5)

@Bobby “lolmcswagger” (E2M6)

@SilverMiner (E3M2)

@ognjen (E3M4)

@Noiser (E3M5)

@Vaeros (E3M6, E4M1, E4M6)

@sincity2100 (E3M7, E4M9)

@Yumheart (E3M3, E4M2)

@omalefico32x (E4M3)

@Darmak (E4M4, E4M8)

@ScrappyMcDoogerton (E4M5)

@Super Mighty G (E4M7)

I have made the following google drive folder for uploading: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QOfqS-EC3ZJC6OLLoVm77pE7rQ0NTzAd?usp=sharing

You need a google account to use it afaik, so if you don't then you can just use the forum attachment method. I just figured it could help reduce clutter in the thread if we can upload directly to the folder. There were some submissions that had mediafire links which are now expired, if that's you then you should be included in the second list above and need to re-send your submission.

Kingslayer has agreed to update the original post for me, but I will wait a little bit for people to send their stuff in before I do that, so hopefully we'll have a complete picture of what's what.

I have been making steady progress on my map. The layout is pretty much done I just need to add in detailing, monsters, items etc. Will probably be done in the next couple of weeks.

doom23.png.c9828be7da4f866a59dab0d7ae148b97.png

11 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

@magicsofa since you're the new project leader, how about we make a new thread instead?

I felt that it would be overkill to have started three different threads for the project, it's already slightly confusing to have the old one floating around (for example if you search for "how we saw 95" you'll see both of them side by side). I can update the first post by proxy so other than that I don't see any major gain from starting a new thread.

oh shit i forgot about this

well im not too much into doom anymore and i have very little free time these days so if anyone wanna take my spot feel free to do it because its gonna take a while for me to finish my map

I'm currently still working on E3M3. I'd be willing to take on E4M3 as well. (And, since it wouldn't take up too much time, E1M1 as well)

8 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

oh shit i forgot about this

well im not too much into doom anymore and i have very little free time these days so if anyone wanna take my spot feel free to do it because its gonna take a while for me to finish my map

11 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I'm sorry but I'm out. Too many other projects and no real idea on this map by now. Free my slot, please!

No worries - thanks for letting us know 

2 minutes ago, Yumheart said:

I'm currently still working on E3M3. I'd be willing to take on E4M3 as well. (And, since it wouldn't take up too much time, E1M1 as well)

I thought you also had the E4M2 spot, is that correct? I might have mis-read the post history... never mind, I just realized that you already submitted E4M2. In any case, do you mind if I take E1M1? Since you already have two maps in the works... unless your heart is really tied to it (yum)

3 minutes ago, magicsofa said:

In any case, do you mind if I take E1M1? Since you already have two maps in the works... unless your heart is really tied to it (yum)

You can take E1M1 ofc! Just thought it might be good to take on some stuff since a lot of people are dropping out.

@magicsofa Sorry for late reply, but I think E2M8 provided here is the latest version, as of E3M9, uuuuhhh... Might rework it to make it better looking, as well as E2M9

On 12/19/2021 at 8:12 PM, Redoom said:

I'm taking E1M8, I feel like it's the least I can do after leaving the project.

It's already taken. Please check with magicsofa for available slots. 

3 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

I don't remember the goal of this cp, are we doing a remake of Doom or anything at all?

Basically to recreate the maps of Ultimate Doom with our own vision. The idea is not to copy the levels or make them "the way iD did" but to take some inspiration from them and then run with it. For example I made E2M2 very different from the original Containment Area, instead of a large crate maze I created a single room of boxes that can be sealed off. But it does have some similarities, like having a mostly tech-base look but with a green marble area around the outside. So it's pretty open-ended in terms of what parts you want to be recognizable and what parts you want to take in your own direction.

Hi! I'm still in if this is still going - I saw the thread was marked [CLOSED] and thought it was cancelled!

18 hours ago, DavidN said:

Hi! I'm still in if this is still going - I saw the thread was marked [CLOSED] and thought it was cancelled!

Definitely! I think Kingslayer originally put that there to mean that all slots were taken... when we update the OP I'll put something different there

18 hours ago, roadworx said:

i'm still here, kinda

Ok, I guess :P

E4M5.zip

My submission for this project. Tested in DOS to ensure vanilla comp. All difficulty settings balanced, coop and deathmatch starts are in, but there may be softlocks for coop play. I tried to keep the general flow and layout of the original map but the gameplay and visuals got a pretty significant overhaul.

Spoiler

DOOM01.png.f99bbb65217951f0db283178f4cdc3ae.png

Spoiler

DOOM02.png.c1500d71084b752ef624fcd525bef0c1.png

Spoiler

DOOM04.png.7ae8ec21b906fd6249a4883f71bd74e6.png

Edited by ScrappyMcDoogerton

39 minutes ago, ScrappyMcDoogerton said:

My submission for this project. Tested in DOS to ensure vanilla comp. All difficulty settings balanced, coop and deathmatch starts are in, but there may be softlocks for coop play. I tried to keep the general flow and layout of the original map but the gameplay and visuals got a pretty significant overhaul.

Sweet, thanks!

I've been super busy but will be getting back into Doom activities shortly... at which point I'll continue pestering everyone else for their maps! (and working on E1M1 I swear)