• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

share your thoughts on types of size-limitation maps

3 minutes ago, Capellan said:

29/32 maps in Doom 404 have 3 secrets.

Cool, I've only played Zone 400.

I think 1536x1536 and 2048x2048 are the most balanced sizes for space limitation challenges

On 8/28/2021 at 3:41 AM, Doomkid said:

Combine “true vanilla” with a 2048x2048 playable grid limit and you’ve got me drooling over the prospect!

Sounds like you have an idea for your next community megawad project.  Will it be for Doom 1 or Doom 2 or maybe both?

On 8/28/2021 at 6:06 AM, Nikku4211 said:

^w^

To be honest, vanilla becomes less of a size limitation when you're using a really optimised nodebuilder like ZokumBSP(which sadly hasn't been updated in a long time, anyone want to make a fork of it?). You can even have lines with a certain line special (exclusive to ZokumBSP) removed from the blockmap entirely, useful for decorations and perhaps fake 3d bridges.

I have been busy with real life and other projects. I have some changes up on the github and some locally, but not enough to warrant a new release. My new job is a bit more demanding than my previous ones and I also had to move into an unfurnished apartment. I have had to buy a lot of basic shit like bed, fridge, hob, lighting etc.
Development hasn't stopped, it's just ummm, paused...

11 hours ago, zokum said:

I have been busy with real life and other projects. I have some changes up on the github and some locally, but not enough to warrant a new release. My new job is a bit more demanding than my previous ones and I also had to move into an unfurnished apartment. I have had to buy a lot of basic shit like bed, fridge, hob, lighting etc.
Development hasn't stopped, it's just ummm, paused...

Understandable, have a nice day.