Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Nintendo are being jerks again

13 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Considering that the Smash community is loaded with pedophiles and groomers, I can understand if not endorse it. 

was it really necessary to bring this up? now everytime someone talks about doom will we talk about the shit people on our community too? also while the alegations happened with a lot of the main players the smash community is way way bigger then just them they are even bigger then the whole fgc combined so i think its a really shit move to bring it up especially when nintendo is doing shit like that to them

1 hour ago, omalefico32x said:

now everytime someone talks about doom will we talk about the shit people on our community too?

Already happens, depending on who you ask.

To be fair, if the average melee player started running at me screaming that my response would probably be much the same, though perhaps with a little more mace.

heh we used to said "if nintendo shut it down its because its getting a remake/rework, event, etc" like it happened with Another Metroid 2 Remake, i didnt got a chance to play samus return because my 3ds just died, but looking at some gameplay and stuff i found the AM2R very awesome and full of lore wise.

i never understood why others smash like games werent that big, maybe weird mechanic? or bad physics? idk

but im quite eager to play this one and in perspective i dont find anything weird in the gameplay like others.

6 hours ago, [McD]James said:

A lot of Smash players don't find other fighting games the least bit appealing. A lot of them are also aggressively opposed to motion inputs in fighting games.

Smash is now no longer the only platform fighter out there.  You don't need Nintendo to give you a fighting game without motion inputs anymore.

Rivals of Aether:

Spoiler

Brawlhalla:

Spoiler

Slap City:

Spoiler

Letting people have a Smash tournament=free publicity

Banning Smash tournament at the last second to enrage participants and fans=even more free publicity

I'm not sure why these people thought that fucking NINTENDO was going to allow them to hold a MODDED Smash Tournament. Did they really think that this wasn't going to happen?

It seems we constantly see news about Nintendo shooting themselves in the foot. A damn shame that their management is this incompetent.

get that next zelda botw 2 trailer ready and gamers short term memory will revert back to hype mode

2 hours ago, Z0k said:

i never understood why others smash like games werent that big, maybe weird mechanic? or bad physics? idk

i feel like its because no one bough smash for the gameplay they bough because you had mario fighting kirby on the box art

now dont get me wrong im not saying the gameplay is bad i love how smash plays but i feel like for most people what atracts them to it is not the gameplay but the characters and while i think some games are even better then smash gameplay wise they will never have mario fighting link so they will never achieve the same popularity as smash

38 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

i feel like its because no one bough smash for the gameplay they bough because you had mario fighting kirby on the box art

now dont get me wrong im not saying the gameplay is bad i love how smash plays but i feel like for most people what atracts them to it is not the gameplay but the characters and while i think some games are even better then smash gameplay wise they will never have mario fighting link so they will never achieve the same popularity as smash

yeah i was thinking about it. while PS have they ip stars it dont feel it get more attention than DK and its expandong, prolly its the reason why i have my eyes on nickelodeon all stars brawl.

Nintendo, why oh why are you like this? Why are you defending your IPs like it's crude oil ? What do you have against modding?

In the last couple of days I've had the feeling Nintendo has a status, along the lines of: We built childhood after childhood with our games!, and then abusing that status for money and only for money because they're just lazy. This just makes me sad.

Example: I was really excited to see what else they would add for Animal Crossing for Switch, as  they announced they would add more updates for about 2 more years. What was the result (as of right now)? A few small seasonal items, a handful of bug fixes (odd, considering I have never seen a bug after about 630-ish hours), a few copy-paste events and villagers I don't really care about. And of course you need to have their crappy online system to even get those items and updates. Oh and these seasonal items are conveniently placed at times where your one or three month online subcription runs out, how odd!

I'm just fed up with Nintendo. Frick Nintendo.

8 hours ago, CBM said:

It seems we constantly see news about Nintendo shooting themselves in the foot. A damn shame that their management is this incompetent.

they still have their money, so i wouldn't call them "incompetent". if you can fuck your fanbase, and keep making money, why wouldn't you? two for the price of one!

2 hours ago, ketmar said:

they still have their money, so i wouldn't call them "incompetent". if you can fuck your fanbase, and keep making money, why wouldn't you? two for the price of one!

I fail to see how attempting to take down videos where people tell you to go out and buy your company's games and hardware is a good business practice. 

In other news: Nintendo shut down another fan project based off Metroid called "Prime 2D".

Article: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendos-legal-team-has-stepped-in-to-end-development-on-fanmade-metroid-project-prime-2d.593344/

To the surprise of few, Nintendo has caused the death of another fan game based on one of its properties. Prime 2D, a reimagining of Metroid Prime, but in a classic 2D style, which first appeared on the internet back in April 2021, and has received multiple updates since, has been shut down. The developers behind the fan project, Team SCU, posted an update to their website, saying that "for legal reasons" they have removed the link to the demo of the game that they had been working on, along with the soundtrack, which consisted of original music composed specifically for it. Team SCU had been working on and off Prime 2D since 2004, meaning it took a handful of months for lawyers to kill a fan game that had been in the making for well over a decade.

This bit of news follows the shutdown of the Project+ bracket at this year's Riptide tournament, while also ironically occurring during the same week as Sonic Amateur Games Expo, in which SEGA actively encourages fans to create fan-made romhacks and even full games based on their properties.

Really, I don't think announcing a fan game--knowing full well that the big N will hit it with a DMCA--while it being in the demo phase is really a good idea. Though, I want to clarify that I'm not saying that what Nintendo did here wasn't scummy, because it is.

Edited by Wavy

2 hours ago, Wavy said:

Really, I don't think announcing a fan game--knowing full well that the big N will hit it with a DMCA--while it being in the demo phase is really a good idea. Though, I want to clarify that I'm not saying that what Nintendo did here wasn't scummy, because it is.

Fan games are playing with fire at the best of times. Doing one for Nintendo IP is frankly just plain stupid unless your strategy is fully secret development and sudden deployment on file sharing networks - preferably with a text file saying "suck it Nintendo" somewhere in it.

8 minutes ago, Kinsie said:

In my experience they don't really seem to give much of a shit about Mario fangames.

Yeah. Nintendo is really picky when it comes to fan games. Seems to be when one becomes relatively poplar is when Nintendo will hit the hammer. But even then Nintendo sometimes just doesn't care.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:50 AM, Wavy said:

This is why I hate being a Nintendo fan: They make good games, yet treat their loyal fans like dogshit

I try to keep in mind that the developers are not the one making business decisions. I don't know this to 100% be the fact, but that's usually how it goes. Almost every developer wants as much attention drawn to their games as possible, one only needs to look at basically any other game company to see that. :P

Nintendo is making somewhere in the realms of "we can't stop these firehoses from blasting constant streams of ¥5000 bills into the foyer" money on-top of their infamous "warchest" of rainy day funds, and they allegedly treat their staff not-terribly. They're probably not gonna be forced to undergo a management change because some ROM hack or fangame or whatever got Foxed and you probably shouldn't entertain the notion even non-seriously just because we're on a fan-site for a franchise who's owners only bother sending lawyers to throw rocks at the hive once every five years or so.

I find funny how Doctor Amigo still exist while using the Mario ip to make money and nintendo didn't do anything but if a big enough Mario fan-game exist they use copyright claims to put it down.

If you didn't know Doctor Amigo is a spanish clinic that as been using Doctor Mario as a mascot even owning a Doctor Mario suit used publicly and that asn't been  provided by nintendo , recently they have changed the mascot and it is not Doctor Mario now but they still own the suite and it is still used  publicly .