Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyMistDragon

I'm feeling filthy just asking this....

....but is there anyone who played Skulltag that remembers Terry since he made his wads for it? I guess I'd just like a hint of he was truly as obnoxious as his wads suggested? And is that picture of a curly-haired kid giving the camera a double+bird actually Terry?

I've always felt that terry was never real, and that people in the 'terry community' just exaggerated some weird strawman to justify the dumb ass wads being made by 12 year olds.

22 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I'm pretty sure Terry is actually a collective of like-minded individuals, whom sometimes are funny, but usually fail at it.

Fixed!
;)

If you want to meet Terry just solve the Lament Configuration and you'll see him and many more amazing things.

Edited by Dubbag

Yeah, from my understanding, "Terry" was simply a pseudonym for a particular mischievous group of ancient Doom community shitposters who started the trend of making TerryWADs, rather than an actual individual whose name was Terry. In essence, it was a WAD-making genre where a bored, unfunny dickhead could assume the character of Terry, the world's worst Doom mapper with the intent to annoy Doomers for their own amusement.

Edited by Biodegradable

Damn, the best skirt and pillow i ever seen!
The face of Carnevil are the two things i love to think when i go to sleep or when i recommend clothes to my wife.

9 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Nah, this is the picture that they're talking about.

Hide contents

DEFGA0.png

I'm familiar with the picture, I wasn't referring to that specifically :P

It's just that I've seen a few people confuse Carnevil with Terry since his face appears in a lot of Terry WADS. I thought maybe OP was confused about something like that too. There is still a lot of confusion involving Terry WADS since they aren't discussed too often.

[DESTRUCTION]

On 8/29/2021 at 6:46 PM, Biodegradable said:

Yeah, from my understanding, "Terry" was simply a pseudonym for a particular mischievous group of ancient Doom community shitposters who started the trend of making TerryWADs, rather than an actual individual whose name was Terry. In essence, it was a WAD-making genre where a bored, unfunny dickhead could assume the character of Terry, the world's worst Doom mapper with the intent to annoy Doomers for their own amusement.

I was just thinking there had to be an original. Terry isn't exactly as 'badass' name as something like Cyberdemon2000

Ruba is the closest thing I can remember to an "original Terry". Before terrywads were a thing you had Ruba wads. 

They were also often reviewed on the newstuff back then. 

Whenever it was full of reviews of Ruba wads you knew it was a meager month. 

He even received a mockaward for it, when it was still used.

Edited by OniriA

On 8/30/2021 at 2:53 AM, LadyMistDragon said:

....but is there anyone who played Skulltag that remembers Terry since he made his wads for it? I guess I'd just like a hint of he was truly as obnoxious as his wads suggested? And is that picture of a curly-haired kid giving the camera a double+bird actually Terry?

The mangroup literally made a name out of himself.

That's all you need to know on Terry.

Ruby was one of the terry lot, garurra (probably not spelt correctly) was another, but there was a fair few people doing it back then as well.

Iirc alot of it got removed from idgames.

14 hours ago, Nefelibeta said:

I'll buy ten of those pillows and put them on my roommate's bed.

imagine walking in to your room and theres a bunch of fucking pillows on your bed with carnevils face on them staring right into your eyes