Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheChickenLord

Brainstorming Name Ideas for My Next Project

I'm in the beginning of making a new Wad, but I'm at a loss of what to call the project.

The theming of the wad is "Mechanical, Midwest, Hellscape", if that helps any.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd gladly like to hear them!

1 hour ago, rd. said:

Heartland

(I'm not very creative with titles.) 

Unironically I love this name and if the WAD were done well I would probably play it a ton, probably with something like High Noon Drifter in ZDoom

5 minutes ago, Ultima_ said:

Unironically I love this name and if the WAD were done well I would probably play it a ton, probably with something like High Noon Drifter in ZDoom

I only have one other piece of material on the site, so I hope I'll deliver on the quality of this WAD. Still learning level design and all that.

1 minute ago, TheChickenLord said:

I only have one other piece of material on the site, so I hope I'll deliver on the quality of this WAD. Still learning level design and all that.

I’m currently at work but when I get home I’ll definitely have to check out your other content :) good luck on the project and I hope you have fun mapping!

Mechanical Midwest Mayhem. Or murderfest, just got to keep that alliteration.

I got a couple, you can either use "The land of hell, machines and rednecks" (no offense to people that live in the midwest). or "Hell machines in the midwest". or "Showdown in the mechanical midwest hell".

Hope this helps a little.

~Into the Iron Sun~

...I dunno, I was thinking of that whole "cowboy riding into the sunset" schtick.

13 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

'Mechanical Midwest Hellscape' sounds pretty great - I'm not even trolling. It is kind of classy.

For real, I like it the best out of all of the suggestions here. It's relatively concise, and a lot more descriptive than most of the other titles suggested. It sounds like something that would catch my attention.

I've been thinking about various suggestions, but none of them could beat "Mechanical Midwest Hellscape", honestly.

You know, I had 'Cyberland' in mind, but really 'Mechanical Midwest Hellscape' takes the whole cake of them all

Overheat,

Mechanical parts can overhit, hell is hot and the midwest is hot.

12 hours ago, Sena said:

Mechanical Midwest Mayhem. Or murderfest, just got to keep that alliteration.

Maybe Midwest Murderfest?

The Wild, Varyingly-Legal Coast-To-Coast Roadtrip Adventures Of Fappy The Compulsive Masturbator

Hey, you never said they had to be good names.

Mechanical Midwest Hellscape slaps. Could even get a sequel called Natural New England Nihility.

18 hours ago, TheChickenLord said:

I'm in the beginning of making a new Wad, but I'm at a loss of what to call the project.

The theming of the wad is "Mechanical, Midwest, Hellscape", if that helps any.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd gladly like to hear them!

Portal to Hell

Maybe a Half-Life styled map, filled with computers and tekwall, set in hell. HL takes place in New Mexico.

If I may insert this from Wikipedia

The word Midwest has been in common use since the late 19th century. Other names for the area are no longer used. These names include the "Northwest" or "Old Northwest", "Mid-America," or "the Heartland".

So in that case, I have two more I would like to throw into the ring

Mid-America Massacre 

The Heartland Hellhole

Junk

if you think about stuff like junkies, junk food, and junkyards, you've got the main themes covered. And it's a snappy four-letter word, just like, say, "Doom".