Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

[NOW AVAILABLE] The Ultimate TWANGO - A Deathmatch MegaWAD for The Ultimate Doom

Stygia v1.2 (E3M4)

Final Version

-Changed a few textures and fixed the BFG and Soulsphere being accessible without the lifts

Download: Stygia.zip

Do we know if the graphics (specifically the CWILVs) and DeHackEd text are final because some map names are spelt or written wrong.

1 hour ago, ProYT said:

Stygia v1.2 (E3M4)

Final Version

-Changed a few textures and fixed the BFG and Soulsphere being accessible without the lifts

Had to simplify a bit because there's a small VPO spot in the north-east area near the switch.

Stygia 1.21 (E3M4)

Final Version

-Fixed a problem with some missing textures.

-Removed a small vpo in the eastern corridor.

No vpo's found

Captura.PNG.76aa066a51151f3fc588b7fec4cac822.PNG

Edited by ProYT : Wad Updated

7 minutes ago, ProYT said:

Stygia 1.21 (E3M4)

Final Version

-Fixed a problem with some missing textures.

-Removed a small vpo in the eastern corridor.

No vpo's found

Captura.PNG.76aa066a51151f3fc588b7fec4cac822.PNG

If you enable the "open doors" checkbox at the top when using visplane explorer, you'll see a small red spot in the top-right.

Updated to V2.1, all maps are up-to-date as of writing. Had to fix a severe navigation issue on my map E3M1, so an update was necessary.

6 hours ago, OpenRift said:

Updated to V2.1, all maps are up-to-date as of writing. Had to fix a severe navigation issue on my map E3M1, so an update was necessary.

From listening to the midi it doesn't seem like the version I modified with the newer version of my map was used. Was this intentional or simply an oversight?

2 hours ago, Athel said:

From listening to the midi it doesn't seem like the version I modified with the newer version of my map was used. Was this intentional or simply an oversight?

Intentional because I hadn't tested your version yet to see if it performs as intended in vanilla.

Just throwing this out there. I've had midi's before that wouldn't play in game, until I converted them to mus.

Which I always thought was kind of mysterious.

~ If I recall there was a midi of a Dream Theater song called Ytse that had this issue.

Edited by Mr.Rocket

1 hour ago, magicsofa said:

Was it MIDI format 1 instead of 0? I think it has to be 0

It has more to do with the size of the MIDI itself and whether or not Doom can convert it to MUS format.

Just thought I'd let you all know, we're doing a beta test this Friday at 7:00PM EST on Zandronum. Be sure to stop by, this is our big chance for feedback and playtesting!

4 minutes ago, OpenRift said:

Also, something I added in v2.1 that I forgot to mention:

CREDITS.png.ffd012d8f56d6be437b0e718f8839324.png

Good stuff Open Rift, good stuff.

11 minutes ago, OpenRift said:

Just thought I'd let you all know, we're doing a beta test this Friday at 7:00PM EST on Zandronum. Be sure to stop by, this is our big chance for feedback and playtesting!

Anyone want to set up a EU test?

Anyone know where I can find some green bigfont menu and HUD graphics, akin to the credits screen I made? I know I could just make them in Doom Writer but that's a lot of stuff to remake if it already exists in some WAD.

You just mean the standard "New Game, Load Game" etc menu graphics? Easiest way to batch-recolor those is with the color remapping tool in Slade, a hell of a lot less time than re-typing it all out by hand

1 minute ago, Doomkid said:

You just mean the standard "New Game, Load Game" etc menu graphics? Easiest way to batch-recolor those is with the color remapping tool in Slade, a hell of a lot less time than re-typing it all out by hand

Oooooh, Okay! I'll take a looksie.

1 minute ago, Doomkid said:

What??!! I didn't realize that was an option. Good to know.

Just now, OpenRift said:

Okay so, I'm a bit on the fence about this: Green menus/message/HUD text: yay or nay?

Yay Green.

1 hour ago, OpenRift said:

Also, something I added in v2.1 that I forgot to mention:

CREDITS.png.ffd012d8f56d6be437b0e718f8839324.png

I think this looks really nice, but in my opinion it's missing something...

CREDIT.png.abdd5dc0e706a0df3c26637fd63d5c7b.png

22 minutes ago, OpenRift said:

Okay so, I'm a bit on the fence about this: Green menus/message/HUD text: yay or nay?

Certainly a "yay" on this. However, I have two incredibly minor suggestions for the HUD numbers specifically: Use the ones from the Sprite Fixing Project to fix the inconsistent number outlines, and recolor the gray shadows to brown to match the background. I'd probably be the only person to notice, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway.

Also, I'm super excited for this Friday beta test! I can't wait to lose horribly on my own maps.

1 minute ago, Blast_Brothers said:

I think this looks really nice, but in my opinion it's missing something...

CREDIT.png.abdd5dc0e706a0df3c26637fd63d5c7b.png

Oooooh, why didn't I think to do that?! Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Blast_Brothers said:

Certainly a "yay" on this. However, I have two incredibly minor suggestions for the HUD numbers specifically: Use the ones from the Sprite Fixing Project to fix the inconsistent number outlines, and recolor the gray shadows to brown to match the background. I'd probably be the only person to notice, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway.

I prefer the more "imperfect" outlines for the numbers, feels more authentic in a dumb pedantic way that only my weird brain would understand.

As for the shadows, yeah, I'll try to fix those.

Also, I was curious, is there like a template for like, help screens with keybinds and stuff? I wanna still have the help screen for the sake of completeness but I'd like to put the TWANGO logo in the background.

EDIT: Actually, I might do something else with it. Still would be a nice resource to have.

Updated to v2.2, see OP for download.

Patch Notes

• Updated CREDIT lump to @Blast_Brothers's design
  • Green menu/message/HUD text added
  • All maps up to date as of this post.
  • Tweaked E3M1 again 
    • Fixed being able to pass through bars
    • Added Blue armor in the dungeon
  • Added D_VICTOR music
    • Doom 64 for Doom II's MAP33 music