Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

[NOW AVAILABLE] The Ultimate TWANGO - A Deathmatch MegaWAD for The Ultimate Doom

48 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I'll take E1M1. I'd love to a map for dm for this project, so unless it's taken, I'll go for E1M1. 

Also, can we use the orignal map as a base (like Dwango Map01s usually being a Entryway replacement) and can I use a midi if I didn't write it?

I was thinking we do a modified hangar for E1M1, in traditional DWANGO fashion. Yeah, you can submit whatever MIDI you want, as long as it doesn't suck lol.

39 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

What's the time frame for this project? When do you want my map in?

There's no timeframe yet, it's really just whenever it's done.

1 hour ago, OpenRift said:

I was thinking we do a modified hangar for E1M1, in traditional DWANGO fashion. Yeah, you can submit whatever MIDI you want, as long as it doesn't suck lol.

There's no timeframe yet, it's really just whenever it's done.

Great, thanks so much.

1 hour ago, forgettablepyromaniac said:

ah, my mistake.

No biggie :D

I made an E2M1 map.

This my first deathmatch map, so any criticism is very welcome.

I hope I did everything correctly.

Hopefully it's good enough. I wouldn't be surprised it it's not "up to par"

E2M1Death.rar

Considering that Doom 1 deathmatch is far superior to Doom 2, I can't resist. Are we taking slots or episodes or just winging it?

19 minutes ago, magicsofa said:

Considering that Doom 1 deathmatch is far superior to Doom 2, I can't resist. Are we taking slots or episodes or just winging it?

Just winging it for now. I may introduce slots a bit later depending on how things go.

24 minutes ago, Worriedidiot said:

I made an E2M1 map.

This my first deathmatch map, so any criticism is very welcome.

I hope I did everything correctly.

Hopefully it's good enough. I wouldn't be surprised it it's not "up to par"

E2M1Death.rar

Honestly, this is really good!! My only real criticism is that you only put 3 deathmatch spawns; 4 are required to work. Feel free to add onto it as you see fit, maybe throw in a chainsaw and move the berserk pack do a different place, make sure cell ammo is only available on hard (it's useless on easy since no cell weapons). But yeah, this is a good first draft! ;)

2 hours ago, OpenRift said:

Honestly, this is really good!! My only real criticism is that you only put 3 deathmatch spawns; 4 are required to work. Feel free to add onto it as you see fit, maybe throw in a chainsaw and move the berserk pack do a different place, make sure cell ammo is only available on hard (it's useless on easy since no cell weapons). But yeah, this is a good first draft! ;)

Here's an updated version. Hopefully I fixed the problems with it.

I have a bad habit of making updates to maps that make them worse, but I hope that's not the case now.

E2M1Death_V2.rar

58 minutes ago, Worriedidiot said:

Here's an updated version. Hopefully I fixed the problems with it.

I have a bad habit of making updates to maps that make them worse, but I hope that's not the case now.

E2M1Death_V2.rar

Good stuff. As I've said before, nothing is final yet, so you have plenty of time to make updates and such.

I had some wacky ideas for E3M2 and E3M6, so I'd like to claim those slots.

(Unless you only want one map per person for now, in which case my preference is for E3M6.)

EDIT: Any best practices for adding custom textures r/e layout within the WAD? I was reading through the TWANGO1 thread and noticed that there were problems with file merging because of the way some people defined their wall textures.

Edited by Blast_Brothers

1 hour ago, Blast_Brothers said:

I had some wacky ideas for E3M2 and E3M6, so I'd like to claim those slots.

(Unless you only want one map per person for now, in which case my preference is for E3M6.)

EDIT: Any best practices for adding custom textures r/e layout within the WAD? I was reading through the TWANGO1 thread and noticed that there were problems with file merging because of the way some people defined their wall textures.

I can put you in for both, more maps the merrier.

I'd say don't worry about custom textures too much, I've learned a lot about managing that stuff since last time. I'd say use as much custom textures/flats as you want, just don't go too overboard.

1 hour ago, OpenRift said:

I can put you in for both, more maps the merrier.

I'd say don't worry about custom textures too much, I've learned a lot about managing that stuff since last time. I'd say use as much custom textures/flats as you want, just don't go too overboard.

Cool. I'll get to work then!

I’ll go ahead and bang out something vanilla-ish for e1m2! Might even find some ancient dusty maps and give them a makeover like last time around.

8 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I’ll go ahead and bang out something vanilla-ish for e1m2! Might even find some ancient dusty maps and give them a makeover like last time around.

Nice

2 hours ago, xdude_gamer said:

For E1M5 or E1M6 and for the last map.

tracks.zip

I like that first track. The last one, while it's a good MIDI, it also seems a little out of place for a deathmatch WAD. 

12 hours ago, Doomkid said:

some dusty maps and give them a makeover like last time around.

Get out of my hard drive!

4 hours ago, OpenRift said:

I like that first track. The last one, while it's a good MIDI, it also seems a little out of place for a deathmatch WAD. 

I made the first track as prog as possible

Give me E1M6 

EDIT: I have a Smashing Pumpkins MIDI for it, I'm going to infest this with Grunge as much as I can.

Edited by DJVCardMaster

On 9/2/2021 at 12:54 AM, OpenRift said:

VISUAL DIRECTION

The over all stylistic direction is the typical "the Way id Did" style that most Doom 1 WADs seem to go for. Try to emulate the style of a specific Ultimate Doom episode (Phobos base, Deimos base, Inferno Hell, TFC Hell, maybe Sigil Hell if you want).

6 hours ago, IggySqiggles said:

Do the episodes have themes or any sort?

In short, you have to make maps that resembles the original IWAD levels

46 minutes ago, SkeletronMK666 said:

I WANT E2M1

Sorry, but I already took that slot. You can check the main post to see which slots aren't taken yet.

I've played a bit of doom deathmatch in the past but never was a focus for me. Can I still make a map? I know the general rules for mp mapping & would love to give it a try just for shits & giggles. If yes, I'd take E1M7.

Also, what's the deadline?