Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

[NOW AVAILABLE] The Ultimate TWANGO - A Deathmatch MegaWAD for The Ultimate Doom

3 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

I've played a bit of doom deathmatch in the past but never was a focus for me. Can I still make a map? I know the general rules for mp mapping & would love to give it a try just for shits & giggles. If yes, I'd take E1M7.

Also, what's the deadline?

There isn't one yet.

4 hours ago, SkeletronMK666 said:

I WANT E2M1

DM3.png

DM2.png

E2M3 is still open but E2M1 is taken.

Made a map this noon for episode 2, for now only layout and spawning spots, needs to change map slot and to be tested properly.

Greetings, I have something started for a dark-wooden Episode 3 DM map - Perhaps E3M7.

Currently I am away for a bit however, I didn’t want to miss out.

9 hours ago, SkeletronMK666 said:

I WANT E2M1

DM3.png

DM2.png

I'm liking the layout so far. I think you may wanna adjust some textures, namely replacing the SUPPORT2 textures with something else.

1 hour ago, xdude_gamer said:

D_E1M1 = Rip and Tear (Mick Gordon)
D_E1M8 = Crystal Mountain (Death)

tracks.zip

You accidentally left like a huge chunk of empty space in your first track that is 2 AND A HALF HOURS LONG lmao

Otherwise pretty cool stuff. I may change around the position of some of these tracks based on what I see fit.

1 hour ago, Worriedidiot said:

I hope it's ok if I take another slot.

If it is, I'll take E4M1.

All good. Added.

9 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

Also, what's the deadline?

No deadline yet, just don't take too long ;)

2 hours ago, OpenRift said:

You accidentally left like a huge chunk of empty space in your first track that is 2 AND A HALF HOURS LONG lmao

Otherwise pretty cool stuff. I may change around the position of some of these tracks based on what I see fit.

OH FUCK 

1 hour ago, OpenRift said:

No deadline yet, just don't take too long ;)

Sure thing & thank you.

Just fyi: I've never made a deathmatch map, so I'll do my best but if the map is not gonna work out, feel free to give me some advice or in worst case scenario, reject it.

Sign me E2M9.

Also, a first draft of the map, enjoy! Feedback is highly encouraged, since i'm not a top DM mapper... But i think it's good even if it fells a little too big?

doom-000.png

dm-thing.zip

Title: Jungle Zombie Boogie

Author: Walter

Slot: E2M9

Port: Vanilla doom

Tested with: Chocorenderlimits, Vanilla doom exe 1.9, Zandronum 3.1 alpha

Editors used: DoombuilderX 2019.1, Ultimate Doom Builder, SlumpED, Slade3, MikuMikuDance 9.13, Infarnview, Paint

New graphics: Yes, just a signature texture flag using the charatcher of Yamada Tae (the girl in my avatar) and a shrinked version of the èicture in OP

New music: Technowagne by Jimmy

Build Time: A day, more than less?

Description: A abandoned techbase surrounded by wild vegetation, caverns and... water? In my ultimate doom? What is this madness now? Blast other people trapped with you in this place for some bizzare reason somebody will found out in this weird place!

Edited by Walter confetti

adding textures in vanilla doom 1 is fucking weird so it's broken in vanilla atm but whoever is compiling everything together probably knows what's up. It works in Zando though, and I tried it with Zando bots and it was kinda cool ngl

TwangoE3M3.zip

tell me what to add/change also i need to fix the sig texture dont yell at me i know it's cut off

Ok, I finished my map, I grabbed the layout of an old rejected DM map I did 7 years ago, and recycled it to make it look like an E1 map, still. Map is playable, but some details will be added on further versions. Download: Deathmatch Processing (v1)

Music: The Smashing Pumpkins - Quiet

image.png.6b230a2afe24b6eb221babb21f8aa6e8.pngimage.png.dd9cb877ef2dda453f790ba50bc7cab4.pngimage.png.afa8efd4bee767f55eb7ad83d67b1423.pngimage.png.fb974e066d3c2cd1cbfb3487acc6e15a.png
image.png.24dd52e657cd56f64f54d9494cad72fe.png

Edited by DJVCardMaster

5 hours ago, forgettablepyromaniac said:

adding textures in vanilla doom 1 is fucking weird so it's broken in vanilla atm but whoever is compiling everything together probably knows what's up. It works in Zando though, and I tried it with Zando bots and it was kinda cool ngl

TwangoE3M3.zip

tell me what to add/change also i need to fix the sig texture dont yell at me i know it's cut off

Okay so in SLADE you need to make sure that your base resource archive is set to DOOM.WAD and make sure you're importing the TEXTUREx/PNAMES from there.

As for the map itself, it's a bit small, and would probably benefit from some more rooms and open spaces. Also maybe a few more items and/or powerups. 

8 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Sign me E2M9.

Also, a first draft of the map, enjoy! Feedback is highly encouraged, since i'm not a top DM mapper... But i think it's good even if it fells a little too big?

doom-000.png

dm-thing.zip

Title: Jungle Zombie Boogie

Author: Walter

Slot: E2M9

Port: Vanilla doom

Tested with: Chocorenderlimits, Vanilla doom exe 1.9, Zandronum 3.1 alpha

Editors used: DoombuilderX 2019.1, Ultimate Doom Builder, SlumpED, Slade3, MikuMikuDance 9.13, Infarnview, Paint

New graphics: Yes, just a signature texture flag using the charatcher of Yamada Tae (the girl in my avatar) and a shrinked version of the èicture in OP

New music: Technowagne by Jimmy

Build Time: A day, more than less?

Description: A abandoned techbase surrounded by wild vegetation, caverns and... water? In my ultimate doom? What is this madness now? Blast other people trapped with you in this place for some bizzare reason somebody will found out in this weird place!

I'm liking this so far. I always like to have at least one map in these WADs that's a bit on the larger side for those bigger Zdaemon events people have. Interesting MIDI, definitely has that deathmatch tempo to it. ;)

Like with pyro's map, you may wanna add some more items around the arena. Other than that, it's looking good so far!

3 hours ago, DJVCardMaster said:

Ok, I finished my map, I grabbed the layout of an old rejected DM map I did 7 years ago, and recycled it to make it look like an E1 map, still. Map is playable, but some details will be added on further versions. Download: Deathmatch Processing (v1)

image.png.6b230a2afe24b6eb221babb21f8aa6e8.pngimage.png.dd9cb877ef2dda453f790ba50bc7cab4.pngimage.png.afa8efd4bee767f55eb7ad83d67b1423.pngimage.png.fb974e066d3c2cd1cbfb3487acc6e15a.png

This is a BANGER map, I dig the layout and architecture, nails the typical Romero-techbase aesthetic perfectly. I will say, you may wanna just add like an area outside the windows in the North-East windows just for cosmetic effect so that you can't see the sky texture tiling at the bottom. Other than that, looking good!

8 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

Sure thing & thank you.

Just fyi: I've never made a deathmatch map, so I'll do my best but if the map is not gonna work out, feel free to give me some advice or in worst case scenario, reject it.

All good. I'm by no means a mapping veteran. I've made a handful, mostly for deathmatch, but most of my experience comes from analyzing other people's maps and just playing a boatload of WADs when I should be doing homework, lol. But either way, I'll be here to give feedback as things go along. ;)

Hey OpenRift! I promised I'd make a level for this project when it was ready, so I'd love to get signed up for anywhere in E1.

58 minutes ago, ZeMystic said:

Hey OpenRift! I promised I'd make a level for this project when it was ready, so I'd love to get signed up for anywhere in E1.

There you frickin are! Alrighty, I'll put you on E1M5.

3 hours ago, OpenRift said:

Like with pyro's map, you may wanna add some more items around the arena. Other than that, it's looking good so far!

Thanks! What kind of item you want to see more? Ammo, Health? Both?

10 hours ago, DJVCardMaster said:

This map is excellent deathmatching material! The music is pretty good too. The best part is that there's a little space where the BFG comes down, so you can hide in there and blast someone. It's a good trap.

Surprise! I made an E1M9 deathmatch map myself. It's my first ever DM map.

It's a rather short but complicated looking map. Lots of symmetry and stuff. One secret. A ton of backpacks so that everyone can get every ammo! Edits are welcome.

TwangoE1M9.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20210906_084036.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210906_084019.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210906_084024.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210906_083956.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210906_084040.png