Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

[NOW AVAILABLE] The Ultimate TWANGO - A Deathmatch MegaWAD for The Ultimate Doom

30 minutes ago, Blast_Brothers said:

@OpenRift E3M6 is done. I think I confused you by calling it a "first draft" in my post, but nobody's pointed out any problems yet (I think) and I consider it done.

Here's the link again: Blast_Brothers TWANGO E3M6 V1.zip

Oh yeah, that's right. Yeah, I'll add that to the WAD.

5 hours ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

My E2M4 map was finished and I posted it in the thread, i think it was on page 9.

Oh yeah, that's right! Thanks for reminding me. Great map btw ;)

9 hours ago, Mike_C said:

I'd say I'm halfway done with it. Here's what I've got so far if anyone wants to try it out, any suggestions would be nice.

TWANGO_DME4M8_v0.1.wad.zip 

Well right now I'm getting an error in Chocolate that says the following: W_LumpLength: 2316 > = numlumps.

Looking in the WAD you sent, there's no SEGS, SSECTORS, NODES, REJECT, or BLOCKMAP lumps. What format are you doing this WAD in?

Sorry I uploaded it in a rush and forgot to run it through the node editor. Here's the latest version with the changes I've been adding today and it should work in chocolate. I still need to balance out the gameplay a bit but the layout is all done.

TWANGO_DME4M8_v0.2.wad.zip

6 minutes ago, Mike_C said:

Sorry I uploaded it in a rush and forgot to run it through the node editor. Here's the latest version with the changes I've been adding today and it should work in chocolate. I still need to balance out the gameplay a bit but the layout is all done.

Strange. Wouldn't let me play any custom E4M8 level, even on GZDoom. Just brought me to the original Unto the Cruel.

2 minutes ago, xdude_gamer said:

Strange. Wouldn't let me play any custom E4M8 level, even on GZDoom. Just brought me to the original Unto the Cruel.

Ah shoot! I still have it as E4M5 as I thought I was getting that slot

2 minutes ago, Mike_C said:

Ah shoot! I still have it as E4M5 as I thought I was getting that slot

Playing your level, I found that it was very cool! I like the Gothic-style fireblu teleporters and your E4 theme is very akin to the original. Great stuff!

1 minute ago, xdude_gamer said:

Playing your level, I found that it was very cool! I like the Gothic-style fireblu teleporters and your E4 theme is very akin to the original. Great stuff!

Thanks! I've been having a blast making it. Originally it was going to be more interconnected but had to simplify it to get it to run in chocolate.

Just now, Mike_C said:

Thanks! I've been having a blast making it. Originally it was going to be more interconnected but had to simplify it to get it to run in chocolate.

Yeah. Vanilla is very pesky to map for.

On 10/12/2021 at 1:40 PM, OpenRift said:

If you guys can let me know what your status is, that'd be great. If you need to drop out for whatever reason, just let me know. 

I'll have something playable by Friday, possibly earlier.

44 minutes ago, Mike_C said:

I'm liking it. Something to note though, you'll want to rename the textures your using so that they aren't replacing existing ones. This would cause issues with other people's maps.

1 hour ago, OpenRift said:

I'm liking it. Something to note though, you'll want to rename the textures your using so that they aren't replacing existing ones. This would cause issues with other people's maps.

Yeah, I'll have to mess with pnames patching and all that fun stuff

On 10/12/2021 at 1:40 PM, OpenRift said:

Right now we have at least 11 maps that need to be finished (or at least in a presentable state for the beta), which are as follows:

E1M4: @IggySqiggles

E1M8: @MikeyScoots

E1M9: @magicsofa

E2M4: @MAN_WITH_GUN

E2M5: @NieMaMordy

E2M7: @Cacodemon187

E3M6: @Blast_Brothers

E3M7: @Jark

E3M8: @Astro X

E4M5: @Mike_C

E4M6: @Dusty_Rhodes

(This list might not be entirely accurate, because I may have missed some of your in-progress files)

If you guys can let me know what your status is, that'd be great. If you need to drop out for whatever reason, just let me know. 

Ah thanks!

Yeah that helps and apparently invoked various authors to come out of the woodwork and state how things are going etc. heh. ;)

Wondering if there should be a (status update day), every other week or somethin?

My map E2M6 - O'DAMN, is still considered finished. But the status update at least gives me time to do something else to it if I needed to.

And dropped out map slots lets others know if they have a chance to grab a slot if wanted. ;)

Oh yeah @Mike_C, pretty cool level so far man!

I know it's under dev and I'm hoping you do some sector lighting in that really dark room via torches or something.

Map's currently fun to run around in! ;)

~ oh I noticed it has MAPINFO lump, so I'm guessing this map was originally going to be for a Zdoom variant. I wouldn't have noticed if the music wasn't different in chocolate-doom compared to other ports.

Cheers

Edited by Mr.Rocket

Well it's technically still Friday... Here's what I got so far, definitely have a few things I'd like to add/polish, and I kinda just threw the items and starts around, but it's certainly playable:

E1M9deth.zip

(working on a MIDI for it as well, but it's not in the wad yet)

11 hours ago, magicsofa said:

Well it's technically still Friday... Here's what I got so far, definitely have a few things I'd like to add/polish, and I kinda just threw the items and starts around, but it's certainly playable:

E1M9deth.zip

(working on a MIDI for it as well, but it's not in the wad yet)

You don't need to worry about a MIDI, I already got one in that slot ;)

Very interesting map, I don't think I've seen Doom's stock textures used like that before. Just be sure to add an exit ;)

4 minutes ago, OpenRift said:

Oh cool! Did you make it yourself or is it one of mine or someone else's?

3 hours ago, xdude_gamer said:

Oh cool! Did you make it yourself or is it one of mine or someone else's?

Someone else's, based off a game I've been playing recently.

On 10/16/2021 at 11:12 AM, OpenRift said:

Very interesting map, I don't think I've seen Doom's stock textures used like that before. Just be sure to add an exit ;)

An exit! Right... working on it...

On the topic of textures, were you planning on including everything from twango1.wad? What about the skies?

9 hours ago, magicsofa said:

An exit! Right... working on it...

On the topic of textures, were you planning on including everything from twango1.wad? What about the skies?

Sky textures in Ult Doom are so classic to me. Especially episode4. I feel like you can't change them.

15 minutes ago, Pistoolkip said:

Sky textures in Ult Doom are so classic to me. Especially episode4. I feel like you can't change them.

I agree.

Episode 4 theme without Episode 4 sky is blasphemy lol

13 hours ago, Pistoolkip said:

I mostly agree although I find the episode 2 sky to be the least interesting. It's okay but I feel like the red clashes with the brown mountains, and it makes the E3 sky less impactful. Would have been nicer with maybe dark clouds/blackness above the mountains instead.

2 hours ago, magicsofa said:

I mostly agree although I find the episode 2 sky to be the least interesting. It's okay but I feel like the red clashes with the brown mountains, and it makes the E3 sky less impactful. Would have been nicer with maybe dark clouds/blackness above the mountains instead.

I don't think we should change it, because it is classic, but I agree with Shores of Hell sky. Always thought it was very ugly.

I've been silent for a while, so here's my map in progress. I may add one more room in south-west, and I still have to add items, but this is pretty much how will it look. Any suggestions? 

E2M5.zip