Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HELLKNIGHT61

I NEED YOUR VOTES! (Play Doom in Age of Empires 2)

Special Thanks to people who reacted this topic. However if people who react this topic also send a comment along with their reacts they will prevent this topic to go further pages. Regards...

Edited by HELLKNIGHT61

NEWS: This mod became second at ModDB. If you also visit this mod it can be the first. However it can also go down very quickly if people stop visiting it. This message is only a suggestion and an information message. Regards...

Nice job, but I think this technically belongs in DOOM General or in EE. It would probably get more attention in one of those forums too, as most people in W&M are looking for content for DOOM, not content based on DOOM for another game.

And asking people to bump the thread (especially when you're already bumping it yourself) and boost your mod to #1 on ModDB isn't something I'd recommend either, even if I can understand the frustration of seeing something you've put so much work into going under the radar.

I wish I had more to say, but I've never played Age of Empires. It looks great though, as far as I can tell.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

On 9/6/2021 at 10:46 AM, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Nice job, but I think this technically belongs in DOOM General or in EE. It would probably get more attention in one of those forums too, as most people in W&M are looking for content for DOOM, not content based on DOOM for another game.

And asking people to bump the thread (especially when you're already bumping it yourself) and boost your mod to #1 on ModDB isn't something I'd recommend either, even if I can understand the frustration of seeing something you've put so much work into going under the radar.

I wish I had more to say, but I've never played Age of Empires. It looks great though, as far as I can tell.

I think that Moderators can transport this thread in DOOM General section if that is more suitable like you said.

3 minutes ago, HELLKNIGHT61 said:

I think that Moderators can transport this thread in DOOM General section if that is more suitable like you said.

You can always ask them to move it if you want. To be honest, I don't know the best place for something like this, but my best guess would probably be DOOM General. Things like DOOMed Love (fangame DOOM dating simulator) were posted there, so I think it's what I'd recommend. Like I said though, this looks like quality work. If I ever play AoE I'll check this out!

I loved the first 2 AoE games, still jave the discs floating around somewhere too. I even taught my dad how to play them after he retired to give him something to do. I might just have to give this a try.... if I can figure out how to get it going 😀

NEWS (November 2023): "Age of DOOM v1.33" update released! There is a new classic style Doom campaign!..

Click HERE to visit and DOWNLOAD my "Age of DOOM" main mod page. (Standalone Mod)

Click HERE to check the new features of the v1.33 update.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 6.png 7.png 8.png ageofdoomtshirt1637aae004d906-1.jpg Doom-Redux-1-6.jpg ilk.jpg Main-Screen.png Other-Interface.png Pr.png Tut.png

On 9/2/2021 at 4:15 PM, HELLKNIGHT61 said:

"Age of DOOM v1.33" update released! There is a new classic style Doom campaign!..

Extremely smart move given how both Doom and AOE2 shared Sandy Petersen as a dev.

On 11/23/2023 at 11:59 PM, HELLKNIGHT61 said:

Could you make a DE version?

16 hours ago, The Doommer said:

Extremely smart move given how both Doom and AOE2 shared Sandy Petersen as a dev.

Could you make a DE version?

DE is not compatible with this mod's UserPatch and also some extra tools. But fortunately this is standalone mod.

9 hours ago, Master O said:

Would this be eligible for a Cacoward?

I don't have any idea. Because this is not an idTech or a GZDoom mod.

The isometric look of doom levels reminds me of the diablo 2 doom thing somebody was making some years ago; always cool to see people get up to creative crossovers of media like this. Anyway, it looks very interesting, will have to check out at some point!

+ 2023 ModDB Mod of the Year Event: If you vote to this mod in 2023 ModDB Mod of the Year Event period you can promote this mod. After visiting the main page (by clicking HERE) you need to press "VOTE NOW" button like the bottom picture.

image.png

Edited by HELLKNIGHT61