Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pixel Fiend

Challenge the person above you to play / beat a level

2 minutes ago, Worriedidiot said:

I think he means the wad called Eternal Doom, not Doom Eternal.

Got it! Serves me right for not checking that...now I have to do two, what's the other gonna be?

Since Redoom challenged me to do a slaughter map, I decided to playthrough Python: Sunder MAP01.

NGL for a first map it's really fun to play and fairly well designed, allowing a good amount of breathing room whilst really making sure the player knows "Hey! This is a slaughter map-pack!" Heck I never knew I could run towards where the exit is a let the enemies attempt to attack me but instead hit the cyberdemon. By the time the room was cleared I think I only had to pump like 6-8 super shotgun blasts into the big guy before he goes down.

Also, Sunder has some great architectural designs and I love the green colours of the first map. <3

3 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Since Redoom challenged me to do a slaughter map, I decided to playthrough Python: Sunder MAP01.

NGL for a first map it's really fun to play and fairly well designed, allowing a good amount of breathing room whilst really making sure the player knows "Hey! This is a slaughter map-pack!" Heck I never knew I could run towards where the exit is a let the enemies attempt to attack me but instead hit the cyberdemon. By the time the room was cleared I think I only had to pump like 6-8 super shotgun blasts into the big guy before he goes down.

Also, Sunder has some great architectural designs and I love the green colours of the first map. <3

I challenge you to do Italo doom map20 uvmax.

@Nikku4211 Czechbox MAP27 on UV. Saves are allowed, because I'm not that cruel.

Challenging again because I didn't get challenged back the first time >:(

EDIT:

@Worriedidiot 

1 Monster MAP06 MAP05

-UV

-Saves allowed (it's an easy map, might as well show off)

-Fist only

It's basically just punching imps to death with the berserk for 10 minutes

EDIT: Oh no! I got the map number wrong. I hope you didn't start it already :( I'm so sorry!

Not only have I started, I've already made a demo out of it :/
I knew you had to make a mistake when you said MAP05 and imps, but I made the wrong assumption that the 'imps' were the error. Oh well, I consider the challenge finished anyway :D
1Monster-MAP05.zip

Edited by Xulgonoth

@Xulgonoth

1 Monster MAP06

-UV

-Saves allowed

-Fist only

It's basically just punching imps to death with the berserk for 10 minutes

EDIT: Oh no! I got the map number wrong. I hope you didn't start it already :( I'm so sorry!

Edited by Worriedidiot

1 hour ago, Xulgonoth said:

@Nikku4211 Czechbox MAP27 on UV. Saves are allowed, because I'm not that cruel.

Challenging again because I didn't get challenged back the first time >:(

EDIT:

@Worriedidiot 

Not only have I started, I've already made a demo out of it :/
I knew you had to make a mistake when you said MAP05 and imps, but I made the wrong assumption that the 'imps' were the error. Oh well, I consider the challenge finished anyway :D
1Monster-MAP05.zip

I don't know how I even messed that up. Thankfully, I accidentally wrote a map that was possible to do with only punching, so you got kinda lucky :)

21 hours ago, Plank_Guy_89 said:

I challenge the person above to play map 32 of doom 2 berserk only.

I will try it on UV.

Is save allowed?

I'm literally just fishing for challenges at this point, so I need to be at the bottom of the page to get them.

23 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

I challenge the person above me to beat Mutabor on the "Onslaught!" (HNTR) difficulty setting.

Going to have to abandon this challenge after 30 tries. My mouse is close to not working and just turns off a couple of seconds every few minutes. I lost 2 runs lasting 45-ish minutes maybe 1 or 2 fights from the end of the map, on top of just a bunch of other runs anywhere from 10-20 minutes for the same. Will have to return to this if and when I get a new mouse but for now this is the farthest I got. Red and Blue key fight, and then died on the green key fight.

The demo: Bailey_Mutabor_Try30.zip

On 9/2/2021 at 6:04 PM, Morpheus666 said:

Play E1M1 but only with keyboard on UV

Done. Turn with the keyb is very uncomfortable to my wrist after years turning with a mouse :/

On 9/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, BaileyTW said:

I challenge the person above me to beat E1M2 of Doom on nightmare difficulty but you're not allowed to kill those 2 imps on lift in the last room.

Yeah, that room before the exit is problematic, specially without the SG, but it's done. :)

@BaileyTW play Eternal Doom Map 28 on UV from a pistol start

1 hour ago, BaileyTW said:

Going to have to abandon this challenge after 30 tries [...].

A valiant effort, nonetheless! To be honest, I was just trying to give a bit of exposure to tourniquet's fun twist on HNTR. The regular map (on any other skill level) is really worth playing, if you ever feel like playing through it again.

In the interest of trying to be a good sport, I did attempt PL2's map31 with my left and right strafe keys reversed, and after a few attempts (four in total) I had to throw in the towel. It's an incredible brain exercise, but my brain is sadly too stubborn.

5 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

A valiant effort, nonetheless! To be honest, I was just trying to give a bit of exposure to tourniquet's fun twist on HNTR. The regular map (on any other skill level) is really worth playing, if you ever feel like playing through it again.

In the interest of trying to be a good sport, I did attempt PL2's map31 with my left and right strafe keys reversed, and after a few attempts (four in total) I had to throw in the towel. It's an incredible brain exercise, but my brain is sadly too stubborn.

I challenge you to Sunder Map02 :).

45 minutes ago, Magicana said:

I challenge you to Sunder Map02 :).

I challenge you to Okuplok Slaughter Map :)

18 hours ago, Worriedidiot said:

@Roofi

Play Doom E2M9

-UV

-Saves are not allowed

-Pacifist

-Fast monsters enabled

Here's the demo for your challenge , it was fun. :)

DEMO

2 hours ago, Gibbon said:

I challenge you to Okuplok Slaughter Map :)

25 seconds in and I've decided that there ain't no way I'm making it.

29 minutes ago, Magicana said:

25 seconds in and I've decided that there ain't no way I'm making it.

Do a saveless UV-Max of Newgothic Movement 1 map04, pistol start.

Edit: @Widosm

For the record, the first time I played Doom was with GZDoom less than a decade ago, and at the time, I didn't even know that anyone played keyboard-only. I never really tried it for myself until today, so I was surprised to survive this on the first attempt.

Edited by Pseudonaut : Completed challenge

Icon of sin, UV, keyboard only. You have 3 lives

Edit: @Pseudonaut

Good job enduring the pain

Edited by Widosm : They completed my challenge

4 hours ago, Pseudonaut said:

Do a saveless UV-Max of Newgothic Movement 1 map04, pistol start.

Kind of done.

This was a really enjoyable map, I've never played this mapset before so it was a new experience for me.

I ended up with 94% kills when I exited on my 4th attempt.

Attempt 1: Caught a cyber rocket

Attempt 2: Had to leave the computer, and well, no saves.

Attempt 3: Noped out of the big end fight and ran out of ammo camping at the bottom of the stairs. Rookie error, I've played enough to know the "Easy" strategy is the worst sometimes.

Attempt 4: 94% kills, just had a bit of mop up to do when I thought I'd use that door at the end. Turns out using the door exits the level. Close enough :).

48 minutes ago, SilentD00mer said:

@forgettablepyromaniac Scythe Map 26 UV-max

bruh.

ok i legitimately tried but this is just too damn much lmao sorry

uh, above. E4M1 UV, and you have to hit the NIN secret. Don't have to 100% it or anything, just have to hit the NIN secret before you leave.