Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pixel Fiend

Challenge the person above you to play / beat a level

11 minutes ago, SilentD00mer said:

I'll give you Doom 2 Map 07. Rules:

- Only SSG and Rocket Launcher

- You can't go to the outside area

Seems doable. I'll see if I could find some time tomorrow, will record a video.

EDIT: Well, I just tested it and it was not that hard. Will record tomorrow, my plan was to use rockets to quickly clear out one side and it paid off. Still, Tron's large collision boxes were tricky to get around not to get boxed in.

Edited by Pechudin

3 hours ago, Pechudin said:

Seems doable. I'll see if I could find some time tomorrow, will record a video.

EDIT: Well, I just tested it and it was not that hard. Will record tomorrow, my plan was to use rockets to quickly clear out one side and it paid off. Still, Tron's large collision boxes were tricky to get around not to get boxed in.

Do Rush map03 without saves from a pistol start. You can use saves at first if you're unfamiliar with the map, but the challenge isn't complete until you do it saveless. This is a merciful challenge.

Edit: @Roofi

I vaguely remember watching a max demo for this map, but this is basically a blind run. Saves were used. It's a tough map.

Edited by Pseudonaut : Completed challenge

@Pseudonaut

Beat one of my favourite maps made by the doom community, Dark Resolution 2008's map 10 by respecting the following rules :

- On Ultra-violence

- Saves are allowed

- Bonus point if you manage to record a successful demo , uv-max or not. :)

Good luck

14 hours ago, Pechudin said:

This seems kinda fun, even if I am intimidated by people giving Sunder-tier bullshit hard maps.

I'll go with something easy(ish) - DooM II MAP08 Pistol Start.

Please have mercy.

I'm not a big fan of that tbh, I did give someone a Sunder map but I made it one of the early/easy maps that didn't involve too much slaughter. Giving people incredibly complex and challenging maps with thousands of monsters doesn't seem to be too fun.

8 hours ago, Beginner said:

@forgettablepyromaniac

Noob Detected, just beat it on Ultra-Violence.

i've been trying this for the past 30 minutes and I've yet to even pass this first room with the stupid ammount of imps so I'ma have to pass on this one dude.

@Sena TNT Evilution Map26 UV (or HMP if it is too hard) respawning monsters. Also -complevel 2. That's all.

On 9/4/2021 at 12:11 PM, OtcoGaming said:

@SilentD00mer Scythe Map 27 UV-Max, Keyboard only. Saves are allowed, but you can do it single segment as well.

Not done. It's too much for me now, but I liked the challenge, I'll try this in the future.

@forgettablepyromaniac

Here's my demo on FISTULA on uv-fast.

DEMO

Good job @Pseudonaut ! It was a pleasure to watch your blind run ! I really like how this map still manage to kick your ass even for a wad released 13 years ago , due to cramped fights involving cybers and tight ammo/health balance.

1 hour ago, Pechudin said:

@SilentD00mer, here's the video for your challenge. I failed on the first attempt when I accidentally walked into the outside area.

I find easier to leave the platforms up when dealing with the arachnotrons, but your way is faster!

Good job, man! :D

14 hours ago, Sena said:

@Magicana Complete Nashville.wad at any difficulty without picking up any health/armour.

Done. Took two attempts - The first one I died when the pain elemental was released - Turned out there was a pair of shotgunners behind it and they blew me away after the PE died. That's right at the end of the map too, as it turns out :(.

Successful run below

7 hours ago, Pechudin said:

@Pseudonaut, here's the live commentary of your challenge. It ended up being not too hard! Only had 5-6 deaths while practicing.

Nicely done. There's actually a secret invulnerability you can get before the second fight, seen here about 10 seconds into the run.

I guess I'll issue your next challenge since no one posted yet: Finish Newgothic Movement 1 Map09, same rules as before. It's a bit harder.

Edit: @Maximum Matt

I tried it a few times, didn't pull it off. Attempts at the baron box start at 6:23 in the video. It's probably possible to do this in a demo, but I doubt anyone will be motivated enough to put in the necessary effort.

Edited by Pseudonaut : Attempted challenge

I've said this once before, but I thought that an epic Doomgod challenge would be the E4M1 baron 'NIN death box'; taking on four barons in that trap with what little ammo you can get in the level (maybe have to resort to un-berzerked punching).  I sure as hell can't do it

On 9/4/2021 at 7:55 PM, forgettablepyromaniac said:

@Crusader No Regret Somethin for ya: beat TNT Map22 UV without using the speedrunning skip (aka go through it the intended route).

As I do not have access to TNT nor have any plans to obtain it, this one is going unanswered.  PWADs are a better bet if you wish to issue a different one.

3 hours ago, Pseudonaut said:

I tried it a few times, didn't pull it off. Attempts at the baron box start at 6:23 in the video. It's probably possible to do this in a demo, but I doubt anyone will be motivated enough to put in the necessary effort.

Whoa - a noble effort sir.  Maybe if you get lucky with the barons teleporting in one at a time and slowly, and duck and weave like a mofo, it can be done.

I think we can all agree that American McGee is a very, very bad man. 

The thread says "person above you", so @Maximum Matt, perhaps you could do MAP15 of Plutonia (Twilight) without picking up any secrets? UV PS 100%. I am unsure this is possible though.

Also, @Pseudonaut, I'll get on it.

How does "aw hell no" sound to you?

I haven't played Plutonia in ages, so I had a quick go at it and died within thirty seconds.  

Maybe I could do it with -nomonsters or Degreelessness Mode, but people will say stuff like it's "against the rules" and "childish".  Whatever

5 minutes ago, Maximum Matt said:

How does "aw hell no" sound to you?

I haven't played Plutonia in ages, so I had a quick go at it and died within thirty seconds.  

Maybe I could do it with -nomonsters or Degreelessness Mode, but people will say stuff like it's "against the rules" and "childish".  Whatever

Haha, I feel ya, I recall doing this map for a DWMC and this map was killing me time and time again, but after some time I managed to find the way to beat it handily. That was WITH secrets (secrets are super important in this map), so I was wondering if without was possible.

I can't wait until someone asks for all of Dimensions UV-max or some dumb crap like that.