Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bones58

IWAD midi tracks you would change around

Using the available Bobby Prince midis from commercial Doom, what music do you feel would be more appropriate for a level?

For example I think that E1M7 would suit a faster paced midi say for example E2M1s. This fits the whole Rocky, run and gun, chew through hitscanners vibe for EP1. 

Any thoughts?

I would basically change that midi which plays at the main menu. You have heard that main menu theme which plays on the PSX Port, I would like the original DOOM to have a great menu theme like the PSX instead of being a 10 seconds track loop

20 minutes ago, Teo Slayer said:

I would basically change that midi which plays at the main menu. You have heard that main menu theme which plays on the PSX Port, I would like the original DOOM to have a great menu theme like the PSX instead of being a 10 seconds track loop

I don't spend time in the menu, I spend time killing demons!

24 minutes ago, Zilch said:

I don't spend time in the menu, I spend time killing demons!

Is anybody spending time in the menu actually?

I can't really imagine any of the levels of commercial DOOM as having any music other than the tracks they come with. However, I suppose that if it had been my game to make I would have used "Suspense" the track from E1M5, in E2M5 as well. I have never thought that "Demons On The Prey" really fits the Deimos Command Center.

Aside from its custom music in the secret levels, D2TWID famously made only one switcheroo in the music department, which was substituting MAP15's track ("Running From Evil") with "Into Sandy's City". Always thought this was the correct choice, especially since Tarnsman's map in D2TWID is an actual city map, but hell, I'd go further and swap those tracks around in stock Doom 2.

Swap MAP29 and MAP28's tracks around. Getting Too Tense (MIDI used for MAP28) fits far more for a penultimate map like MAP29.

8 minutes ago, Wavy said:

Swap MAP29 and MAP28's tracks around. Getting Too Tense (MIDI used for MAP28) fits far more for a penultimate map like MAP29.

Map29's name is called "The Living End" and Getting Too Tense sounds like you're close to the end, good idea but I don't think Shawn's Got The Shotgun would fit Map28

1 minute ago, Teo Slayer said:

Map29's name is called "The Living End" and Getting Too Tense sounds like you're close to the end, good idea but I don't think Shawn's Got The Shotgun would fit Map28

Yeah. Really a new MIDI would of been nice for either instead of Shawn's got the Shotgun

Just now, Wavy said:

Yeah. Really a new MIDI would of been nice for either instead of Shawn's got the Shotgun

Shawn's Got The Shotgun fits more as Dead Simple's theme. The Citadel and The Living End need a more fitting midi

Shawn got the gun always sounded pretty slaughtery to me (well, I was dead within seconds when I first played the map, heh). So, a theme for a short, intense map. Getting too tense is one for a longer map, where you keep going against increasing opposition. 

And the psx menu theme with the flames in the background is about 100x better than the 10 seconds midi. 

4 hours ago, Teo Slayer said:

You'll never get more than a few seconds of menu music anyway if you're playing in a port that supports demos.

I'd swap E2M3 (Intermission From Doom) with E2M9 (Untitled)

I'd swap E2M9 (Untitled) with either E1M9 (Hiding The Secrets), E3M2, E3M3 or E1M8