Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

Do you believe in ghosts? If so, what was your experience?

When I was a child my family's house was next to a cemetery, like you could go out in the back yard and you're there. It's also the largest one in the city. On top of the fact that there are many tragic deaths which occurred to the people buried there. Now call me crazy, but at night I would look out my window and see the shadows of spirits  congregating and walking around on my front lawn. It got so bad that I eventually had to ask my dad to put a blanket up on the window so that I couldn't see tham anymore. Do you believe in ghosts? If so, what was your paranormal experience?

Edited by Dubbag

Ghosts, ha! Ghosts don't even exist.

If I ever saw one however, they're going to be in for a surprise... ;-)

30 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

When I was a child my family's house was next to a cemetery, like you could go out in the back yard and you're there. It's also the largest one in the city. On top of the fact that there are many dramatic deaths which occurred to the people buried there. Now call me crazy, but at night I would look out my window and see the shadows of spirits  congregating and walking around on my front lawn. It got so bad that I eventually had to ask my dad to put a blanket up on the window so that I couldn't see tham anymore. Do you believe in ghosts? If so, what was your paranormal experience?

Not ghost, but demons, fallen angels. When you die, youre death. Your spirit is no more in this land, no matter how you die. But fallen angels are millions and they are here long time before us. Obscure spirits congregating in the shadows, just to destroy our lives. Yes i had some encounters with them. But! Who can prove that? I think this is not the best forum to ask hahaha!

Not really, however feel really uncomfortable when walking by a mirror in the middle of the night. Who knows, he might be behind me?

No, everytime is the same thing with all those paranormal vids.
I wanted to experience it Firsthand but nothing happens even when there are allegedly Ghost encounters in certain areas.
Unless I get a paranormal experience, a real one not because someone told me, I wont believe there are any of them.

Yes.

I have had a very large number of unwanted paranormal experiences in my life.

Unexplainable sounds heard by multiple people, full-on manifistations of ghosts of former family members,

loud discussions of current events by partly manifested former family members...

Also on one occasion me and my buddy experienced my buddys mothers ghost while I was helping him clean out his mothers apartment. 

I do not recommend it. The house that I grew up in was the place where most of my experiences took place and that house has now been demolished for several years.

If the people that now live on that property is experiencing something or not, I couldnt say...

now go on and call me crazy if you must... but I was a big time skeptic like most people... once...

but I've seen and heard these things and no I was not under any type of influence.

this stuff is real, but it is legit scary as hell.

Also... there is an afterlife.

Only upside is that nothing else can scary you after you have had your first true paranormal experience... nothing...

@BerserkerNoir

I've also seen many of those videos on youtube or tv shows etc... they make a mockery of it... they never experience anything legit... if they did, they would be paralyzed by fear as I was

I don't believe in ghosts. Cause if ghosts were real every sweatshop owner, field owner, and factory owner would be struck with a heart attack from being accosted by the vengeful spirits of those who disintegrated their bodies doing their work for scrap pay. Because life has not given us this mercy, ghosts either do not exist, or are a bunch of losers who have their priorities all messed up.

Not really. Considering how unreliable our sensory input and memory are, and how easily our brain gets confused, it's always a more likely explanation that our brain just messed up rather than there being any actual "supernatural" phenomena at play. I tend to find the neurological quirks behind these sort of experiences more fascinating than any supposedly real ghost story. That being said, I usually enjoy ghost related themes in moves and such, since they do make for good fictional content.

1 hour ago, Dubbag said:

Do you believe in ghosts

Ghosts is a bit of a silly word for them but I do believe in spirits / souls. 

Every one of is is carrying this soul and forming and influencing it through our actions

and experiences in this world. Just like how a mother influences the formation of her unborn child.

Once we pass away, this soul is born either in a "sick" or a "healthy" state based on our actions in the physical world.

Those things we call ghosts were mostly people who are still clinging and attached to this world as a result of tragedy

(and the human history is full of tragedy, big and small). 

Yup.  When I was around 5-6 years old. I had been tucked into bed and was having trouble falling asleep when I looked up at the ceiling and saw a pair of glowing yellow angled oval eyes looking down at me...

I jumped out of bed and searched for anything on the floor casting a reflection up, I often borrowed a mirror (for play purposes) so I thought it could be something like that. 

When I discovered there was nothing there, I climbed quickly into bed and pulled the covers over me. I don't remember falling asleep that night. 

I told my parents about it the next day and of course they dismissed it as a dream. 

Not that exciting but I knew that it did happen and I did get out of bed to try to explain it. 

If your into the paranormal and such, check out:

Nukes top 5

And 

Bizarre Bub

1 hour ago, Aurelius said:

Considering how unreliable our sensory input and memory are

And yet, you rely on your sensory input and memory all day every day. Fascinating that you are still alive :P

The logical conclusion with such things is agnosticism. If their existence can be neither proven nor disproven, you have no choice but to abstain from any conclusion at all.

No.  There are these floating flaming horned skull things, though.  Couple of shotgun shells takes care of those.

No. There are no damned ghosts. It's the wind or a short in the electrical or a rat in the wall or some other logical explanation.

If ghosts were real, we'd all be seeing them, considering all the humans that kicked the bucket over the ages.

I don't believe in any of that soul baloney either.

Besides there's no dinosaur ghosts. Billions of T-Rex's lived and died and not one damned T-Rex ghost. hah!

1 hour ago, Swordofdanu said:

If your into the paranormal and such, check out:

Nukes top 5

And 

Bizarre Bub

Look, bud, the more you watch the content, the more you will get obsessed with it. If you wanna forget about that shit, don't watch it.

Also, do you even know that CLICKBAIT exists?

42 minutes ago, magicsofa said:

And yet, you rely on your sensory input and memory all day every day. Fascinating that you are still alive :P

You'd have to be living in quite a hostile environment for them to be fatal :P

The unreliability of our memory and visual perception has been studied for decades. With things like confirmation bias, misinformation effect and memory conformity, there's just too many ways our brain and herd mentality can trick us into thinking we saw and experienced something we never did. It doesn't mean we are incapable of functioning in the society in general, in fact many of these things might even facilitate everyday interactions. But it does mean we should be mindful of blindly trusting our memories of highly emotional and/or stressful situations.

Ghosts? Hm......

One time I was in a cabin sleeping, and I heard weird bumping noises. I was not sure what was causing that at first, so I dismissed it as some pest messing around, probably a rat or a bear.

But then I heard a strange hiss, like that of a bat. And I knew damn well I wasn't livin' in no cave, so I got off of my bed, grabbed my stuff, and went outside the house at the middle of the afternoon to investigate the noise. If it's a wildcat, that would mean I'd have a chance to grab a neat photo and perhaps post it on Reddit.

So I went out of my house, and what I saw left me shook. It was a skull, but not just any skull, it was a flaming flying skull, attached to no body and seemingly defying the laws of gravity, and it was making those annoying bat sounds.

A soul? Is it lost? I thought I eradicated all of them on my last time here in the woods!

So then I pulled out my SSG and shot the poor thing. It then disappeared. Despite that, I still could not rest, the thought of there still being more of those gatdamned things out there kept me awake at this time of the day. The sky was just starting to get darker, my side of the Earth starting to face away from that giant star our planet revolved around. I needed to know what was going on, so I ventured out into the woods.

I stayed on the path that I've always walked since I started cabin camping, not wanting to get lost because my map was bare and neither the trees nor the path were marked on it. I could still hear it, the same things I was hearing in the cabin. Annoying hissing sounds, bumping sounds, deer mating calls, and vulpine sounds. Going mad, I decided to follow these noises to file a noise complaint.

'FOX FIRE!!!' a weird voice yelled.

And then I saw it. Not just any animal, not just any canine, a flippin' fox, with blue flames flying around it. It had not 1, not 2, but 8 tails. The tod (trust me, it's a tod) was surrounded by those very same flying flaming skulls I saw earlier. These skulls weren't attacking the fox and the fox wasn't attacking them. I put 9 and 10 together and figured out something.

This fox was who kept hurling these flaming skulls at my cabin for some reason, hurting my ears and driving my cat crazy. This is so painful, it's like this fox was the elemental for pain.

Sadly, I didn't have a weapon other than my SSG, and I knew it wasn't going to be enough to stop this weird fox, so I put my fingers on my mouth and made a whistle sound.

I waited as the skulls began to bite me, the fox apparently taking pleasure at watching the action unfold. C'mon...

I heard a quick rumble behind the trees, the sounds of legs running on leaves travelling, getting closer and closer. Could it be him?

A giant black feline creature jumped on the fox, pushing it out of balance onto the dirt, scratching at the fox's flesh. With this new time, I punched the flaming skulls away from me, and took out my super shotty and boomed those fuckers straight to Deimos. Now I was the one able to watch as the fox was getting its limbs torn apart, it's floating fires not able to stop the giant animal from enjoying the feast. My blood was dripping from my arms and stomach, but didn't stop me from being entertained by this fight, after an honestly boring cabin vacation.

Once the animal was done, the animal ran to me before sitting down. I pet the big cat.

'Good kitty.' I said, as I pat his head and petted the back of his ears. I am so glad I had adopted an enormous cat from the mall. No idea why people were calling him a 'cartoon cat', though.

So at the end of the day, do I believe in ghosts? Nah... No way I'm going to believe in them when they put me through this shite.

Edited by Nikku4211

I don’t, but we have a lot of ghosts stories in town. Where I live there’s fallen soldiers from both sides of the US civil war buried all over the place, seemingly buried wherever they had fallen dead. People say they see ghosts that resemble soldiers in the uniforms of that period. 

There’s also the story of the old Native American chief ghost. He’s said to appear in your home sitting cross legged and once you look closely to ensure it isn’t your eyes messing with you, he’s gone. He’s sort of like this areas Moth Man. 

While I don’t really believe in ghosts or the paranormal in general, I do believe aliens exists, at least in the sense that there is life beyond Earth, and I *know* UFOs are real, but their origin is entirely unknown. These could simply be private aircraft, secret military projects, or alien crafts, but they are real flying objects that are unidentifiable. 

Edited by TelicAx7

Story time:

One night I was alone while watching Netflix out in the living room. My parents and brother were asleep with their doors closed. It's around 11 pm or so and I'm going to use the bathroom. Turn the corner into the hallway and see a large black dog walking towards the living room. I jump back behind the wall and my heart skips a beat. Look back, nothing there. My dog is asleep in the living room and was too far away for it to be him laying down. Still explainable. To make it creepier, once my dad was standing in the garage while looking at his phone and felt something bump into his leg. He reached down to pet what he assumed to be the dog, but the dog was inside. This happened just a few days after my incident in the hallway.

Also, not just being one or two isolated incidents, everyone in the house will often see people walking around. My dad still works from home and I've been going back to school starting a few weeks ago, and he says that it's more noticeable now that we're gone. I asked what he meant and he told me that during the day he'll see us walking around in his peripheral vision and assume nothing of it, but still sees 'us' while we're away. The two ghosts, if you want to call them that, that we see most often is a child and a guy in an apron. We typically see the apron guy around the living room and kitchen (how fitting) and the child around the hallway and bathroom. Both will just walk for a moment before going away.

And now, some of the wildest shit I've ever seen:

This moment is what solidifies my belief in ghosts. My brother and I were sitting on my parent's bed while watching Scooby Doo. We were around five or six years old at the time. Our dad was sitting at his desk in the corner of the room scrolling through Facebook. While we were watching tv living life to the fullest when all of the sudden a translucent white orb floats across the room coming from the left side of the room and going into the closet. Both me and my brother jumped out of the bed scared as hell. My dad noticed something going across the ceiling and freaked out. To this day I can still ask my brother "Do you remember the ghost whi-" and he'd finish the sentence. All three of us saw it, none of us can explain it. Your first thought might be that it was sunlight going across the wall, which would make sense if it weren't for the fact that the sun was setting at the time and the window in the room was on the west side. And I can assure you, it was three dimensional.

So basically, I believe in ghosts because if what I saw weren't ghosts then what the fuck.

When I was 12, we lived in a run down double wide trailer. We moved in at the tail end of May, and around August, I started seeing the silhouette of a person standing upright while rocking back and forth on the wall in front of my bed every few nights if the curtains were open. The only nearby tree was near the front of the house, and there was never anything hanging off the side of the trailer. Inside or outside the trailer, I found nothing that could've made the shadow appear, I even took the curtains down entirely to see if they were casting it, which they weren't.

One night, my sister and I decided to watch the newest episode of South Park together, "Butter's Bottom Bitch". After the episode ended, we heard a loud crash from my sister's room and quickly ran in to see what happened. A mirror that had been propped up with the back against the wall had somehow fallen forward and shattered. There were no earthquakes or explosions nearby, so how the mirror disobeyed physics and fell the wrong way is still beyond me.

Around March of the next year, things got stranger, with the shadow appearing more frequently at night than it did before. One day, my mother and sister were out somewhere, my father was passed out in the kitchen, and I was sat facing the front door while using the computer until I saw a persons's shadow appear in the corner near the hallway, stretching from the top of the wall down to the middle of the floor, slowly walking towards the kitchen. If you've ever lived in a trailer, you know that the windows are generally pretty damn high off the ground, and in our case, it was about 7 - 8 feet. The neighbor's porches and the two windows in the living room didn't line up properly to create a shadow like this.

On the night of my next birthday, I was struggling to go to sleep, so I rolled over onto my side to face the window and my dresser when I heard something whisper my name into my ear. My bedroom door was shut, so once again, there was no source for whatever the hell this came from. That's the last incident I can remember before we moved out of there in late May / early June. Here's a crudely drawn map of the trailer / surrounding area.

Trailer.png.571d661b9bdee4fcf7c7f8d5d4fc1bbb.png

Never actually seen anything but several years back we were renting a house while I was getting ours ready to move in and the amount of strange noises gave a very uneasy feeling

doors pushed too would creak open a few inches randomly, once lying in bed heard footsteps coming up the stairs, things that were stood up firmly would fall over. My daughter had a car for her dolls that had a radio in that had never ever worked properly so it must have been left switched on but early hours of morning it suddenly got a clear signal for first time ever as classical music started playing clear and loud enough to wake us up I remember being frozen with fear before getting up to investigate and realise what it was.

my son was 7 at the time and he came in our room one night terrified saying he seen a lady’s face on top of wardrobe he was that scared he had clambered over his sister in her bed so he could get by without going near wardrobe.

I used to dread night time for a while there but it calmed down considerably after a month or so but the feeling of unease never left hated getting up to use toilet in night as would never put light on to avoid disturbing anyone but always felt something there and always rushed back to bedroom with eyes shut haha it’s a different type of fear like nothing felt before with stuff like that

Myself, I take a page from the book of Penumbra by the Masters at Frictional Games; when you get your ticket punched in some dark corner, the following words appear; 

"Death is the final unknown."

there's an EVP in a WAD show video of mine. At 8:05

When I was a kid I was curious about things, but didn't really grasped what's truly "real", so for a while I was afraid going outside because there might be ghosts, monsters, or other paranormal activity
The older I've got, the less I believed in them

When you are alone you are tend to overthink something, like for example you are in the attic and you hear somebody's footsteps, when it's just the wind.

Even though I don't believe in ghosts, the atmosphere in a cemetery is really creepy.

The closest I've got to "paranormal activity" was when I was hearing random whisperings, but later I found out it was due to me drinking energy drink while being exhausted

8 hours ago, RetroAkaMe said:

Look, bud, the more you watch the content, the more you will get obsessed with it. If you wanna forget about that shit, don't watch it.

Also, do you even know that CLICKBAIT exists?

Calm down dude, for a start who said I wanted to forget that shit, and second I enjoy watching those channels and I'd have to be pretty dumb to believe in every single spooky video that's posted. YT is full of clickbait on every level. 

Have a good day :) 

No, but some nightmares are terrifying (instead of merely uncomfortable) and border on "having seen a ghost".

I hate it when people insist on superstitions, such as disliking the idea of living next to a cemetery or other "negative energy" vibes.