Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
obake

How I finally fixed lag in GZDoom

Anyone else tried playing GZdoom on their Windows 10 computer, only to find it unplayable? You open the task manager, and surprise! Your computer's memory is being eaten at nearly 90%

For me, this was due to something called the Dcom service. I tried various things to fix the issue, but what's finally worked is something I found suggested on a forum: make a new account on your computer, set GZDoom up anew, and presto! The game now runs flawlessly.

I know this thread is short, but my goal is simply to get the word out that (at least for me) there's a way to solve the problem of lag in GZdoom. So if your windows 10 was having memory issues similar to mine, you now know a possible solution.

Have a great day, and God bless!

Thanks for your effort on figuring out this bug!

Would it be possible to post a log file for the GZDoom devs to look at?

I use Windows 10 on all my computers, and I've never had issues with GZDoom.  That said, I primarily use LZDoom (because it runs better on the Intel iGPU).

7 hours ago, Zilch said:

Thanks for your effort on figuring out this bug!

Would it be possible to post a log file for the GZDoom devs to look at?

I use Windows 10 on all my computers, and I've never had issues with GZDoom.  That said, I primarily use LZDoom (because it runs better on the Intel iGPU).

I can certainly do that, though I'll have to figure out how to find the log file first.

Thanks for the support!