Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scwiba

NaNoWADMo 2021 - The month-long mapping challenge (see you next year!)

Holy crap! October is almost here already?! Well, I (think I) have a much better idea this year than last one.

Last year, although, I made some maps, the project never went anywhere but this time, I might see.

Huh, I joined DW last year in order to participate in this event. Time flies when you're having fun, it would seem! I'll definitely be participating this year. Just need to finish up my outstanding CP obligations...

7 minutes ago, Omniarch said:

Just need to finish up my outstanding CP obligations...

Lol same, probably shouldn't have signed up for four maps along three projects. 

6 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Lol same, probably shouldn't have signed up for four maps along three projects. 

Me too. I guess I’ll try and finish as much as possible for my CP obligation in September in order to participate in this.

42 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Well my birthday month is the same time as a mapping challenge? Count me in!

Happy birthday!

38 minutes ago, Omniarch said:

Huh, I joined DW last year in order to participate in this event. Time flies when you're having fun, it would seem! I'll definitely be participating this year. Just need to finish up my outstanding CP obligations...

I didn't realize you joined for NaNo originally. Honored to have you back!

Okay I'm interested. I think I'd like to participate in this. I feel that for a beginner like me a one month challenge would be a good excuse for me to get of my bum and get some mapping done. I'll join in! 

I'm in, hit a bit of a slow-down in mapping recently and this sounds like a good exercise to get things rolling again

9 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

I'M STILL WORKING ON MY ONE FROM LAST YEAR

Im still working on the one i started on 2019.... where i was supposed to complete only 5 maps in total

heh 

next year for sure!! so many other projects on the go right now, sadly. will be watching from the sidelines feverishly, though!

I was thinking what sort of challenge I should impose on myself… I have competing aspirations, so nothing too daunting lest I burn myself.

After my 20 years hiatus, I find myself liking UDMF for the sake of convenience (especially regarding texture and flat alignments), but I wonder if a batch of small vanilla levels would be a great way of accomplishing something. Like one level for each week of October, and nothing big. Each week in a style of Ultimate Doom episode, for example. (So nothing innovative, just something to get creative juices flowing).

This year, I complete the challenge. Or I don’t. Either way, I won’t be signing up again. So for this final, successful, attempt… Prepare for Phobus’ Imitation Speedy Shit (PISS).

I'd like to make something, not sure what yet though ... put me down, and by start of October I could figure that out.

It just so happens that I've been formulating an idea that's a perfect fit for this concept.

Sign me up!

I actually felt kinda guilty of not able to make anything last year, but welp. I'm down for another route. Have some ideas I've been gravitating towards to. The chances are rather slim, but I'd take what I can get, after all, this is all fun and games :)

At the very least, if I were to be unable to release anything, I'd be glad to try out other projects created during the event!

Yeah it's just "make maps", and the other rules (as far as I know) are allowed to be bent, so long as you're making stuff during the month!

If you feel like there's too few rules, then you can impose some of your own rules on yourself to make it more fun :P

Also, just wanna say I'm participating. This time, my project is a single map!

Hopefully it'll be an interesting one, too.

Just like all of the other times I've participated in nanowadmo, the thing I'm making will be for Hexen.

I mean you already wrote this out, but yeah -- can't wait to finally finish Emblem up and get it out there! It's long overdue, haha. Have fun, everyone else participating, I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!