Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am back! Nope! STILL NOT DEAD! I am creating a megawad revolving around the premise of the gothic doom deathmatch level set that will span all the levels of the game. You can help me by play testing these demos I am about to try to circulate. Hopefully I can cover them all before I die. Anyways~ here is what i have so far... Note that the twelfth level is unfinished and cannot be completed because I have not decided how to make the exit area yet... https://www.mediafire.com/file/85o3idxczisyhbb/GOTHICMW32%25.WAD/file

Screenshot_Doom_20210908_035211.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210908_035309.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210908_035348.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210908_052649.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210908_052701.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210908_035211.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210908_052936.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210908_052749.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210908_052942.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210908_053006.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210908_053026.png

Edited by InterdimensionalInterloper

First there was GothicDM... And now there is, uh, GothicSinglePlayer?

7 hours ago, InterdimensionalInterloper said:

Its not essential, but I want to install some lifts that require a key to activate in the twelfth level but their doesn't seem to be a way to do it in the editor settings.. Do I have to write a script or something for it?

Don't apply the key directly to the elevator. Apply it to a switch that activates the elevator. Much easier and done all the time. 

5 minutes ago, Leostales said:

This looks like it could be pretty cool. Looking forward to the full version

When I was young running around deathmatching people in Zdeamon I remember playing the original gothic deathmach levels and just being blown away by the themes and detail in them but people would always just play the same three maps in a row and it seemed like such a waste of cool maps. Now that no one plays in them at all anymore at least they can be made enjoyable in this way. I started making these like.. Two years ago and it all just kind of gotten forgotten about sitting in the mess of wads on my desktop. I am seriously trying to finish it this time around.

Please let me know if their is anything buggy with any of them. Some of the ones I designed long ago mite be short on the ammo in some places. I am trying to make them so they can either all be played in a single playthrough or players can just pistol start any level with reasonable chance of success. Of course, their must be increasing difficulty as the maps progress so you mite have a really hard time pistol starting on the later maps to come.

I'd suggest doing something more interesting with ceiling and floor heights.

It looks a bit flat / plain currently.

I'd also play a bit more with lightning and shadowing in the outdoor areas.

Do something interesting with that, and your map(s) will really start to breath more and reek of atmosphere.

Good luck and have fun.

Finished map 12. It is quite large and has many secrets. The exit to the secret levels can also be found here but at the moment it will just take you to wolfenstein with bizarre textures allover the walls replacing the wolfenstein textures.

Also I fixed the glitchy clipping sky that was atop some of the pillars in map 3 and added more ammo to some maps.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/85o3idxczisyhbb/GOTHICMW32%25.WAD/file

m12.png

Finished map 14 "Absence Of Faith".. Its somewhat large, over 500 monsters. I had lost interest on working on it half way threw but I recently picked it up again.. I think I can say I am proud of it. It should be a good ol' time. went over it about a dozen times adding ammo and I think it should be fair. Their are kind of a lot of Pain Elementals though. https://www.mediafire.com/file/sgpg307iim3np3j/GOTHICMW38%25.WAD/file

Screenshot_Doom_20220313_054315.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220313_054327.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220313_055709.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220313_055723.png

Hello, i tried your megawad up to map 9 in hurt me plenty. 

Map 1: quake vibes, very nice!

Map 2: feels a little empty, maybe needs more monsters. Also there is a texture issue near the secret i put a screenshot for you.

Map 3: Very beautyfull and balanced map

Map 4: The secret with the scaner traps players

Map 5: I really liked the church theme, my only issue is that both archvile fights were easy.

Map 6 and Map 7: Chaingunners in the start were easy to deal with because of infighting, you may wanna place them away from other monsters.

Map 8 and Map 9: No problems with maps 8 and 9, they were balanced and hard enough to give me a chalenge.

Ill let you know once i play the rest, i might also record my playthrough.

Screenshot_Doom_20220313_130829.png

No problem, you are going in a good direction with this wad, the first maps feel like the beginning of an idea but from map 5 and on it feels like you found your proper inspiration. Dont worry take your time, this wad has a lot of potential. 

Thank you, looks like the next one is.. "Of Ashes And Wormwood"! This should be fun, that map was quite intricate originally. I still remember being on Zdeamon as a young lad online with 7 other droogs all scrambling for the BFG in that one room.. Good times! I should design it like a chamber to many other outer dimensional chambers.

50 minutes ago, InterdimensionalInterloper said:

Thank you, looks like the next one is.. "Of Ashes And Wormwood"! This should be fun, that map was quite intricate originally. I still remember being on Zdeamon as a young lad online with 7 other droogs all scrambling for the BFG in that one room.. Good times! I should design it like a chamber to many other outer dimensional chambers.

The name Ashes and wormwood gives me dark forest vibes, now thats an idea! 

No their will be no Scwarzwald here. Must stay true to the source material Afterall! Wormwood reminds me more of Absinth anyway.. I would consider creating a black forest area in here but.. Actually you just gave me a really good idea.. Perhaps I should re-color some doom trees black and add them in as extra objects into this thing...