Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gibbon

Sprinkled Doom - 3.4.1 (updated June 12th 2022)

Another thing, although it may be the wad and not the port itself. When playing Si6il (Compat version) in E3M8, after killing the spidermastermind the level ends. This is not supposed to happen, since there's an exit teleporter and there's still a bunch of enemies left. Now, I know that it's hardcoded that, if the level is E3M8 and the spidermastermind is killed the level ends. 

26 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

Another thing, although it may be the wad and not the port itself. When playing Si6il (Compat version) in E3M8, after killing the spidermastermind the level ends. This is not supposed to happen, since there's an exit teleporter and there's still a bunch of enemies left. Now, I know that it's hardcoded that, if the level is E3M8 and the spidermastermind is killed the level ends. 

Are you sure it is not supposed to happen? In dsda-doom ultimate doom complevel (sigil.wad, not the compat one, latest version) when killing the cyber or spider the level ends. Mmm... I dont remember the wad ending like this, i played the first version of the wad and im pretty sure that the level didnt end like that, you needed to go to the teleporter to finish the level, maybe is an oversight by john romero when updating the wad?

Edited by El juancho

18 minutes ago, El juancho said:

Are you sure it is not supposed to happen? In dsda-doom ultimate doom complevel (sigil.wad, not the compat one, latest version) when killing the cyber or spider the level ends. Mmm... I dont remember the wad ending like this, i played the first version of the wad and im pretty sure that the level didnt end like that, you needed to go to the teleporter to finish the level, maybe is an oversight by john romero when updating the wad?

Nope, as far as I know you have to go to the exit teleporter in order to end the level, the problem is that, as the compat version replaces E3, the bug I said earler takes place.

In E3M8, after killing the spidermastermind the level ends

Since, like I said before, it's hardcoded that, if the level is E3M8 and the spidermastermind is killed the level ends. (At least that's what I believe). In, let's say, GZDoom for example (with the compat version) this thing doesn't happen. But, yeah, it may just be the wad

52 minutes ago, El juancho said:

And one more thing, when im playing with native midi enabled if i turn off the music i cannot hear sfx sounds, its that how old doom worked back then?

I apologize for the double post and quote, but in theory no. I know that there's a -nosound and -nomusic command parameters, but that's weird. 

2 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

Nope, as far as I know you have to go to the exit teleporter in order to end the level, the problem is that, as the compat version replaces E3, the bug I said earler takes place.

Since, like I said before, it's hardcoded that, if the level is E3M8 and the spidermastermind is killed the level ends. (At least that's what I believe). In, let's say, GZDoom for example (with the compat version) this thing doesn't happen. But, yeah, it may just be the wad

Well, when playing sigil in crispy doom the wad does not end when killing the 2 bosses, but in DSDA-Doom (and prboom+um too maybe) the wad ends when killing any of the 2 bosses, are you aware of this @kraflab ? This does mean that crispy doom sigil demos may desync in dsda-doom right?

Edited by El juancho

1 hour ago, El juancho said:

And one more thing, when im playing with native midi enabled if i turn off the music i cannot hear sfx sounds, its that how old doom worked back then?

Edit: In the newest autobuild of chocolate doom this does not happen to me, crispy doom works fine too.

Not sure, this is based on master so in theory should be the latest.  I haven't touched anything except Doom Plus limits, so it could be.  I'll test this out along with the equinox wad.

EDIT: So I took a look, well I'm not sure what native MIDI you're using, but by default (not touching any settings) if I turn off the music, SFX are fine.

Edited by Gibbon

Does Choco even support SIGIL?  I know with the increased limits it is possible, but if it is not officially supported by Fraggle, I'm not touching it.  This is just for increased limits, I'm only maintaining the Doom Plus patches, nothing more.

1 minute ago, Gibbon said:

Does Choco even support SIGIL?

This GitHub issue from the Choco Doom github says nope and suggests Crispy. However, there is a Sigil_Compat.wad that might be Vanilla compatible.

1 minute ago, Gibbon said:

I know with the increased limits it is possible, but if it is not officially supported by Fraggle, I'm not touching it.

Well then that's a done deal because SIGIL by default isn't vanilla-compatible. And since Sprinkled Doom is just Choco Doom with Doom Plus limits, no way Jose.

PS: What would be interesting to test are Gods & Guardians and Alpha Accident: Terra Nova by Wraith777. Both include a custom executable based on Doom-plus (and are, far as i know, the only WADS that do this). Might be worthwhile to see if Sprinkled Doom renders these perfectly.

Sigil_Compat is fine for dehacked.  But it still would require some Choco Deh changes to properly support it.  For sure the vanilla choco would crash immediately, just because this one can play it, doesn't mean it will work as intended.  Equinox could be the same, I don't know how much internal changes happened between 2.2 and 3.0/master branch, but the error from Equinox looks suspicious.  Happens to me too.

I'll check those out too, thanks!

It seems the bosses dying ends the level because the DeHackEd patch that's supposed to prevent that in sigil_compat is in .bex format, which this port doesn't support. I don't know if it should support it, but I guess that depends on how many other limit removing wads have a DeHackEd lump like that. I made a more vanilla patch, but it meant having to reduce most of the level names to abbreviations like Alien Vendetta does.

siglvdeh.zip

EDIT: Because of my inexperience with DeHackEd, I originally replaced "BossDeath" with "FaceTarget" to ensure nothing would happen when the Mastermind died. Then just after posting this I tried setting "Codep Frame" to 0 in a text editor to see if that still worked, and it did, so I figured that was a better method and updated the file. So you can download it again if you care that much.

Edited by SiFi270

45 minutes ago, SiFi270 said:

It seems the bosses dying ends the level because the DeHackEd patch that's supposed to prevent that in sigil_compat is in .bex format, which this port doesn't support. I don't know if it should support it, but I guess that depends on how many other limit removing wads have a DeHackEd lump like that. I made a more vanilla patch, but it meant having to reduce most of the level names to abbreviations like Alien Vendetta does.

siglvdeh.zip

EDIT: Because of my inexperience with DeHackEd, I originally replaced "BossDeath" with "FaceTarget" to ensure nothing would happen when the Mastermind died. Then just after posting this I tried setting "Codep Frame" to 0 in a text editor to see if that still worked, and it did, so I figured that was a better method and updated the file. So you can download it again if you care that much.

I think sigil should be speedrunned with this patch

As I mentioned in the first post, I am not developing it, but simply keeping it on par with chocolate doom master but with doom plus limits.  I won't be modifying any of the dehacked code to support things that choco does not support in its codebase.  This is only choco with increased limits, nothing more.

5 hours ago, El juancho said:

I think sigil should be speedrunned with this patch

Wouldn't be a bad idea, the only problem is convincing the DSDA staff to allow that DeHackEd. But, yeah, not a bad idea

11 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

any chance for win32 version?
I went to download it and then i realise i can't run it :/

Sorry, I do not support 32bit operating systems for any platform.  Are you sure you aren't on a 64bit platform?  Win32 is just a legacy name that everyone uses instead of Win64.

x86 windows version is mine, commonly known as win 32 bit, while program needs a win 64 bit version.
My PC is old, from 2010 or so, win 7 ultimate.

Main reason i choose old style source-ports.
Anyway, since chocolate and crispy come in the two versions i thought it would be useful, but if you are against it, its no use.
Don't worry, i'm used to not being inside the user spectrum haha :P

Edited by P41R47

1 hour ago, P41R47 said:

x86 windows version is mine, commonly known as win 32 bit, while program needs a win 64 bit version.

Anyway, since chocolate and crispy come in the two versions i thought it would be useful, but if you are against it, its no use.

You have a 64 bit processor, no? X64 is fine.

1 hour ago, Redneckerz said:

You have a 64 bit processor, no? X64 is fine.

even if i had a 64 bit processor, AMD A10, my windows is 32 bit.

Thus, i can't run a 64 bit program.

I'm not guessing, i already tried with no use.

3 hours ago, P41R47 said:

Than your Windows needs a 64 bit upgrade because that is a sore misuse of resources. How did you ended up with a 32 bit Windows on such a machine?

6 hours ago, P41R47 said:

It isn't that I am against it, it is that my entire development dependencies are 64bit.  It would mean switching to and using 32bit versions for a 32bit project.  At this point, the user base is so tiny that to be honest, I'm not bothered.  I've been a 64bit exclusive developer since 2015.

I also have old machines, they all have 64bit BSD/Linux or Solaris on them :)

10 hours ago, P41R47 said:

You can find windows 10 64bit keys for less than 5€ on the internet.

6 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Than your Windows needs a 64 bit upgrade because that is a sore misuse of resources. How did you ended up with a 32 bit Windows on such a machine?

the fucker who i paid to build my pc did the mistake of installing a 32 bit win, when we talked long about having a win 64 bits
Then he retired from building PC, and since my only drawback was playing a few games at that time, i didn't tought this PC would last long enough to be a problem.
But hey, it proves me wrong, so its cool for me :P

5 hours ago, Gibbon said:

It isn't that I am against it, it is that my entire development dependencies are 64bit.  It would mean switching to and using 32bit versions for a 32bit project.  At this point, the user base is so tiny that to be honest, I'm not bothered.  I've been a 64bit exclusive developer since 2015.

I also have old machines, they all have 64bit BSD/Linux or Solaris on them :)

More in your, favor.
Don't worry, as i said, i'm used to not be on the target market ;)

2 minutes ago, El juancho said:

You can find windows 10 64bit keys for less than 5€ on the internet.

Ha! I don't even have a credit card, so i can't buy things on internet.
:D
I could totally found a cracked version and upgrade, but with just 3 gb of free space, i doubt i could make a proper back up.

5 hours ago, P41R47 said:

the fucker who i paid to build my pc did the mistake of installing a 32 bit win, when we talked long about having a win 64 bits
Then he retired from building PC, and since my only drawback was playing a few games at that time, i didn't tought this PC would last long enough to be a problem.
But hey, it proves me wrong, so its cool for me :P

If you have more than 4 GB RAM, then your PC is just underutilized.

And i am going on a limb here - But your kind of setup is exactly what shouldn't be supported if you were to ask me. PC's have been 64-bit since 2005. Your A10 is 64-bit capable. 32-bit Windows had a use case in the time of 2005-2010 when PC's and usually smaller size PC's couldnt support more than 4 GB RAM. Thus 32 bits made sense. But today? 32 bit is only useful in other places, and even there the move to 64-bit is already made.*

It seems backwards to support a legacy system simply because the PC is configured improperly.

* My previous 2010 garbage can PC with 3GB DDR2 was already on a 64-bit Windows.

Besides, with a pendrive, you can upgrade to 64-bit without having to buy a new license.

5 hours ago, P41R47 said:

I could totally found a cracked version and upgrade, but with just 3 gb of free space, i doubt i could make a proper back up.

Maybe a clean up is in order.

5 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

If you have more than 4 GB RAM, then your PC is just underutilized.

And i am going on a limb here - But your kind of setup is exactly what shouldn't be supported if you were to ask me. PC's have been 64-bit since 2005. Your A10 is 64-bit capable. 32-bit Windows had a use case in the time of 2005-2010 when PC's and usually smaller size PC's couldnt support more than 4 GB RAM. Thus 32 bits made sense. But today? 32 bit is only useful in other places, and even there the move to 64-bit is already made.*

It seems backwards to support a legacy system simply because the PC is configured improperly.

* My previous 2010 garbage can PC with 3GB DDR2 was already on a 64-bit Windows.

Besides, with a pendrive, you can upgrade to 64-bit without having to buy a new license.

Maybe a clean up is in order.

totally, i have 16 gb RAM but it only uses 4 gb :P
been needing the upgrade since long ago.
But well, as i mainly use it for work and it worked, i didn't care much about the gaming aspect.
It didn't stoped me from enjoying Doom so far, and i don't play newer games as i can't aford them or, since i don't even have a graphic card, i can't even think of running them.
But well, its true that it need a unpgrade for those GB if horse power going miss use.

About the clean up, maybe someday i will have enough time to check everything on it and start backing up and deleting.

Anyway, since there are 32 bit version of almost every other source port, i thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if there was a chance of it.
As i am not code savvy at all, i didn't knew that it needed a 32 bit environment to create a 32 bit executable, makes sense, but well, i didn't know it, so thanks @Gibbon for the little aknowledge sharing :)

Now, lets return to the topic, as poor P41R47's life problems are not relvant to anyone ;)

Edited by P41R47

So returning to this, I cannot for the life of me accept it as not being on par with the original from axdoomer, I just can't.

So I'm painstakingly doing a diff on each and every file, picking those diffs that matter and porting them into Choco 3 (or in some cases removing things).

I also copied in all of crispy dooms deh_* files.  Equinox still bombs out but SIGIL seems a bit better, I'll test the reported issue first though.

I also removed the automatic save thing that for some reason was added, it isn't very vanilla and I can type my own save names last time I checked ;)

It'll still be Doom with Sprinkles but with some caramel sauce too :)

Chocolate Doom Mania Plus Extra Bonus Eternal Infinite Deluxe Edition Ultimate

Now with sprinkles as dlc

Edited by LucasRafael132 : funi

6 minutes ago, LucasRafael132 said:

Chocolate Doom Mania Plus Extra Bonus Eternal Infinite Deluxe Edition Ultimate

With sprinkles

Someone should make a Chocolate Doom32 and call it Chocolate Doom Plus Plus Plus.

So I fixed the issue with E3M8 and the spider mastermind/cyberdemon.  Basically I did it the easy way and added a '-sigil' flag that you should use if you're playing sigil.  This will set an integer to '1' which will trigger an if statement in p_enemy.c that will only trigger the ending if a Mancubus is killed.  Since it is a Doom PWAD, it will never happen.  So you can get to the teleporter and end it properly.

commit:

Sigil support and cleanups

Also I added the hardcoded Sigil partimes from Doom Retro.  So thanks to Brad on that one.