Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacowad

Blasphemous Experiments: an episode for Heretic

I found a small bug in M4: linedefs 7261, 7264 and 7267 should be flagged as impassable.

Also, I think you should make the mandatory sector 674 door a little more obvious. I spent ages wandering around like a headless chicken trying to figure out how to progress because of how easy-to-miss this door is. That aside, this is another good map, with an interesting setting and impressively domineering architecture.

That door has been a pain for as long it has been around. I might want to lock the player in that room at this point...

I'll make a new revision once i get my pc back.

Edited by Cacowad

Very nice work, Heretic mods without custom monsters or weapons are so rare these days! First two maps are low on ammo though (I played continuously on UV), it's the worst in the first half of E1M2. I spent considerable time smashing golems and gargoyles with the wooden staff there, which I wouldn't exactly call fun. Ammo then suddenly becomes much more plentiful in all maps after E1M3.

Hello again, wad has been updated.

Changelog:

• made some changes to e1m2 to prevent out of bound issue.
  • made some cosmetic changes to e1m2.
  • added 4 bombs in e1m2 to accomodate countinous play.
  • fixed (?) possible softlock in e1m3.
  • added secret to e1m3.
  • fixed some lines in e1m4 being passables.
  • Players are now locked in when entering the "mandatory secret" room.

That's all. Until next time.

28/11/21 edit:

Fixed title screen not showing on zdoom\gzdoom.

Edited by Cacowad

Hey there, glad you two are enjoing the wad!

@Nihlith Thank you for the video, your absolute refusal to usa time bombs was amusing. Never tought of transporting gasbags from a room to another, it gave me a couple of ideas.

6 hours ago, Cacowad said:

Hey there, glad you two are enjoing the wad!

@Nihlith Thank you for the video, your absolute refusal to usa time bombs was amusing. Never tought of transporting gasbags from a room to another, it gave me a couple of ideas.

It was actually only my * first run through. On my first I had somehow neglected to bind a use key and was trapped in the opening courtyard. In my second I had completely run out of ammo by the time I got through the first room and was slaughtered trying to beat a ghost to death with my staff. On my full run through I was desperate to not find myself completely impotent, so I wanted to save my bombs if I could help it. I want to record the run through of the second level but it probably wont be contiguous, I'll want to tap my save so that I don't look like hamburger meat when I start. Thanks for the wad! I'm so rarely treated with good Heretic content.

Here's a level 2 playthrough. I liked level 2 even more than level 1 and when I started level 3 it was going strong for continuing the pattern. Yay!

Spoiler