Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gangstalker

If Id Software hired a Metal band (of any kind) to do the Doom soundtrack, who do you think it'd be?

Chances are with their close relationship with Trent Reznor, and him having done the Quake soundtrack and almost the Doom 3 soundtrack, him.

Unfortunately also Pantera, which I've never really been a fan of, has been in it. Like Doomkid said AIC. The only one still alive though is Reznor.

4 hours ago, dybbuk said:

Chances are with their close relationship with Trent Reznor, and him having done the Quake soundtrack and almost the Doom 3 soundtrack, him.

The thing about that is that this close relationship happened after Doom.

Not sure about the old Dooms, perhaps it would've indeed sucked if the entire soundtrack was enclosed in just a "metal band" paradigm. The variety really helped it. The newer Dooms could really benefit from Alex Rise (Tyrant of death) though. He nailed the style before Doom 2016 was even released, not any weaker than Mick Gordon in all aspects.

3 hours ago, Gez said:

The thing about that is that this close relationship happened after Doom.

I didn't understand the question :)

Five-finger death punch...  fuck no

I, either see Ministry or NIN because of the Industrial metal vibe they go for the games. 

actually, i thought about it somewhat longer, and i'm pretty sure that i want a high-quality soundtrack from Justin Bieber. with vocals. i can't think out a better music that makes me want to KILL.

I would really have loved Chu Ishikawa/Der Eisenrost to have done the soundtrack.  Angry NIN with lots of noise would've been terrifying back then.

On 9/8/2021 at 6:22 PM, Marn said:

A doom soundtrack by KMFDM would be fucking awesome

On a semi-related note, I was listening to "Take 'Em Out" and I was shocked by how much it reminded me of Frank Klepacki's work on Command & Conquer. Then again, I guess it is Frank Klepacki's work that reminds me of KMFDM's.