Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

The RIAA

The RIAA would get in HUGE trouble if they tried that. Imagine them getting sued for deleting someone's private music file they had converted to mp3 format...

Plaintiff:

"Your honor, I had made an mp3 of a song I was working on and the RIAA assumed it was an illegal mp3 and deleted it off my hard drive after hacking into my files. That song could have made me 50 million dollars lets say."

Judge:

"Judgement for the plaintiff in the ammount of 50 million dollars."

FirebrandX said:

The RIAA would get in HUGE trouble if they tried that. Imagine them getting sued for deleting someone's private music file they had converted to mp3 format...

Plaintiff:

"Your honor, I had made an mp3 of a song I was working on and the RIAA assumed it was an illegal mp3 and deleted it off my hard drive after hacking into my files. That song could have made me 50 million dollars lets say."

Judge:

"Judgement for the plaintiff in the ammount of 50 million dollars."

hmmmmm.....grins evily oh shit wait my voice sounds like a bull frog :( soo shouldent have gotten punched in the throat.

All they'd have to do is delete any MP3 that's not covered by the recording industry of america. If they perused your HD and killed your Devin Townsend, let's say, then you've definitely got legal grounds for action.

That's like the cable guy breaking into your house and checking out all your wires then smashing your dvd player just to be safe.

This whole Internet boogeyman stigmata, overall, is a pretty childish thing I must say. It'd be amusing if the RIAA actually assumed they had legal right to break any law they wanted to.

darknation said:

uh, they have a legal right to read my fucking hardrive? wtf?

No, they don't, that's the point. Since everything related this, including the kazaa lawsuit, is being tried in America, I would go ahead and put down a decent wager against the RIAA gaining rights to hack anything.

The new Wired has a mega story about all this in it.

Edit:

That's like the cable guy breaking into your house and checking out all your wires then smashing your dvd player just to be safe.

To elaborate on this, if a cable guy comes to your house asking to take a look at your cable box, it's your decision whether you let him in or not. He can't just come in, and by the time he comes back you'll have had time to unplug the black box. I think you understand what I'm getting at, the RIAA can't just hack anything it pleases even if somehow they had rights to check.