Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MidnightMage

Angry Quilt 2 - for Ultimate Doom (Development Thread)

Hey there !

I remember having quite a blast at Angry Quilt, and would be honored to keep up (as much as possible) with the good work while participating for the sequel 😎

I promise it won't suck ;-;

That's great Origamyde, which square would you like to choose?

This time around they aren't really squares per se but more like open areas. Welcome aboard!

Just now, MidnightMage said:

That's great Origamyde, which square would you like to choose?

This time around they aren't really squares per se but more like open areas. Welcome aboard!

I'll take the square spot just down the very first one. I'll also include two doors to give room for the other participants :)

This sounds really interesting! I'd like to claim square 5. If the squares are being worked on in order, I'm guessing someone will just @ me once it's my turn?

I think once everything is selected, we will @ people as required. Great, welcome aboard!

Also spot 5 is taken, would you like another spot?

1 minute ago, stewboy said:

Oops, didn't see that square 5 was already taken.

Sorry about that :V

Great! Welcome aboard everybody!

@SynDoom you're up, you can start on square 2. Followed by @ViolentBeetle

Same idea as the last project but instead of adding squares based on the thread, it's by spot. So square 2, then 3, then 4 etc.

Also, based on the rule of the last mapper having to add an exit, I guess that means @Walter confettiwill be creating the map exit for this Angry Quilt.

Sounds good! I'm thinking that once each mapper completes their segment and posts it to this thread please ping the next mapper so they can see they are up.

Quick question @MidnightMage, can things like control sectors and teleporter closets be placed out of the quilt area? Or can they only be contained in your square?

are we eventually going to see a full quilt game with 32 quilt maps, with this one being map 2 and the firt one being map 1?

Alright, here's a first rendition of my map spot for Angry Quilt 2 :

AngryQuilt2v02.zip

Note that sector / line tags and effects should be functional as intended, although I haven't managed (so far) to make them work in my versions of Crispy / Chocolate Doom.

Good luck to @Snaxalotl and @stewboy !

Edited by Origamyde

@ViolentBeetle Each square will be done one at a time, in order. I'm starting off with Square 2, then you'll do 3, Bobby with 4, and so on. 

That said, @Origamyde you should wait to edit the quilt and start building ideas in a separate map. It might be a little hard to perfectly copy the idea over to the final version, plus it could get messy since it should be done in order.

Just looking out for y'all to make sure navigating the editing process isn't like a game of Twister, lmao.