Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MidnightMage

Angry Quilt 2 - for Ultimate Doom (Development Thread)

I kind of  changed the rules.

I think if people edit when they are free, it will hasten progress on the map. That way it's not waiting on people that may not be able to map until a later time.

So yes go ahead.

Ok, I'd like to reserve the map after Noiser is done with his edits

It was my pleasure!

I also figured I'd take a stab at making an M_DOOM texture, as I've gotten into pixel art recently. If you like this I could try to potentially make a TITLEPIC but that's up to you!

M_DOOM.png

M_DOOMBIG.png

Alright. I suppose whoever is up next to edit their square can add it in?

Definitely a unique idea, I'll be sure to give it a try when it's finished.

Play the original in the meantime, it's also a pretty good map. This one will definitely be bigger (literally) and better!

21 hours ago, MidnightMage said:

@CBM it's yours to modify when you are ready.

ok, I am done with my edits...

link:

AngryQuilt2v20.rar

@SynDoom

wow, nice midi... reminds me of some of the music from amiga games and they were known for outstanding music!

EDIT

but I forgot to add in the m_doom graphics

sorry

EDIT 2

ok, now I added the m_doom graphics and it shows up in the main menu

link:

AngryQuilt2v20b.rar

PS: m_doom was cropped to 123x60 by me to match the size of the original doom m_doom graphics

Edited by CBM

Good stuff. I think I have an idea for the titlepic as well, so I'll work on it at home.

@Walter confetti looks like you're up to modify yours!

1 minute ago, MidnightMage said:

I would say, since Walter has not commented yet. You're probably safe to edit the map @Snaxalotl

I do remember the 2 doors at the side weren't tagged to operate.

Awesome, I am free right now so I'll start right away.

1 hour ago, MidnightMage said:

I would say, since Walter has not commented yet. You're probably safe to edit the map @Snaxalotl

I do remember the 2 doors at the side weren't tagged to operate.

I believe the problem is on Square 5, unless it's another switch

Edited by Noiser

Here is my edited version, features some light extra detailing and I fixed the two doors in my square.

@Noiser is also right about a broken door from square 5 to square 6. The switch to open it doesn't work in crispy doom, I am pretty sure there is a linedef too close to the switch for it to work in that port.

Anyway, here is the file AngryQuilt2v21.zip

The switch have an unknown action, probably from Boom or UDMF. @Origamyde, to make your square work on Crispy Doom you have to change your settings to the Doom format, then you can choose a valid action for the switch

image.png.13a1df4194d9564aecafb8f20f698f8c.png

I had to always check for that making my square since I typically map in Boom haha, it's really easy to forget 

@Origamyde please adjust your square settings to work on limit removing ports (the switch that opens the door)

It appears that the switch does not open the door nor does it drop the ambush trap with the shotgun sargeants.

I love the square though, it's honestly really impressive.

Would anyone like a chance to adjust their square in the meantime?

Edited by MidnightMage

Unless there's anything to be suggested by you all, then I think I'm all good. 

I remember @Bobby “lolmcswagger” had a square that was mostly unfinished and the nukage was inescapable but was not harmful. I'm assuming he will want to adjust his square.

Also @ThatWeNGuy mentioned he had run out of time and wanted to do more.

Also during my trial of the latest build I couldn't figure out how to enter Square 14. I found the lift that lowers to square 14 from CBM's square but have no idea how to open the bars there. Am I missing something? @lokbustam257 how I enter your square? I could only find the one access point and don't know how to open the bars.

If anyone wants to make adjustments to their squares, just say you would like to edit the map and everyone will wait until you say you've completed your square.

Edited by MidnightMage

3 hours ago, MidnightMage said:

Also during my trial of the latest build I couldn't figure out how to enter Square 14. I found the lift that lowers to square 14 from CBM's square but have no idea how to open the bars there. Am I missing something? @lokbustam257 how I enter your square? I could only find the one access point and don't know how to open the bars.

yearh I'm not sure how he imagined the lift should work...

He changed it from a hole in the wall to a lift, likely because he needed to lower the whole of his square, and then he added the bars.

I made some cosmetic changes to my castle/fort/thing afterwards because stuff in my square now needed adjustments due to the introduction of the lift.

Sorry for the quasi-absence, folks. I've been busy with other stuff. 

I'm currently checking the problem regarding this switch in square 5. I'll be back to you all when it's fixed. 

I should have been put 2 doors instead of those teleporters that led to this, eh. If you guys don't mind, I like to edit mine after CBM finish with his square. And about those bars... Well... yeah I have another (dumb) idea involving those bars to make 14 accessible from 13 and 15. (and also to make things more complicated than it should be)

So @lokbustam257 I had a look at the current version, I think having bars is fine but they should be on the opposite side of your square. There is no access to square 13 from square 9 (to prevent the player getting the yellow key early), so I designed square 13 assuming the player would have to enter from the square 14 side.

There was some discussion about adding a shortcut between square 9 and 13, but I assumed one that is only accessible after having gone through square 13 and lowering the key pillar. I'm waiting to see what @stewboy does with the shortcut before I edit my square. Also I'm happy to make any adjustments to my square to accommodate the new shortcut.

Good news, folks ! i've finally fixed most of Square 5's issues with linedefs. This all stemed from the very rational stupid decision to work on Boom format rather than the Doom format. Apologies for not checking this prior to those problems.

It also means that my map is now compatible with RUDE and Crispy doom as well. Yay !

AngryQuilt2v22.zip

Nothing too fancy about the rework. I've moved some items, made the Berserk secret area slightly more maneuverable so that you're no longer softlocked, and made the tragic choice of getting rid of the "perpetual move" action regarding my lift : it now goes down like everything affected by the switch. Oh, and the shotgunners' platforms are now properly moving down as well.

Whoever is next, do your best ! ;)