Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MidnightMage

Angry Quilt 2 - for Ultimate Doom (Development Thread)

There's a switch (SW1HOT) right at the left of the exit building, push it and it will lower the blue key!

EDIT: Oh no, just look like the switch is tagged wrong and doesn't make lower the pillar! If possible, i want to fix this little bug...

Edited by Walter confetti

could someone find a way to use the yellow key?

walter?

or is the switch that should lower the blue key pillar made to require the yellow key?

Oh, I can't believe I missed this. This project reminded of that one community project where one person would draw their map in MSPaint and another map would make the map based on the drawing. Unfortunately, I haven't heard any new updates to that project. I hope it isn't dead :(

4 hours ago, CBM said:

could someone find a way to use the yellow key?

walter?

or is the switch that should lower the blue key pillar made to require the yellow key?

I agree. The yellow key should be used somewhere, if it isn't I don't see any reason the yellow key couldn't be swapped out with a megasphere or something useful instead. I'm not sure which doors closer to Walter's exit area could even be required to use a yellow key. I think the one is a red bar in Worriedidiots spot. 

Fixed my part with changing the blue key door to a yellow one, so the yellow key have a use, finally. Also added more little details here and there. Now the only thing is to change the yellow keycard to a yellow skull key?

AngryQuilt2v26.7z

Here's the latest version of the map. Anyone else want to make any changes?

I changed the Yellow Key to a Blue Key to make the exit door useable, hope you don't mind.

The results of this Quilt are really quite outstanding! Great job to all mappers (and musicians) who contributed to making this Quilt so incredible!

Feel free to playtest and whatnot, in case there are any bugs I may have missed.

@Bobby “lolmcswagger” I know you mentioned you would try to make edits on thursday. I'd say the rest of the map has really shaped up, feel free to make any edits you need.

If I don't hear anything I'll post to idgames within the next 2 weeks.

Edited by MidnightMage : updated the map, again.

In square 6 there is a switch which lowers the bars between 6 & 7. If the player goes through squares 1,2,3 etc they cannot return to a sizeable amount of the map as these bars remain up in square 6. I think there should be another switch in square 7 which also lowers these bars, thus removing an obstacle that blocks off return to half the map.

I feel like square 9 and 13 should somehow be more connected, by either a dropoff from 13 to 9 or something. In the current build it is currently possible to lock yourself out from returning to the blue key area by missing the switch in square 6.

10 hours ago, Lizardcommando said:

Oh, I can't believe I missed this. This project reminded of that one community project where one person would draw their map in MSPaint and another map would make the map based on the drawing. Unfortunately, I haven't heard any new updates to that project. I hope it isn't dead :(

I think I remember being part of a CP like that at some point or atleast a project where a mapper would ask people to draw in a square in an mspaint picture and then map that... I drew my summerhouse in the square I was assigned.

Alright, hopefully this doesn't bother everyone.

I've modified certain squares to remove soft locks and make it possible to return to all squares.

I've posted the latest build in the OP.

If anyone finds any further bugs please feel free to post.

Edited by MidnightMage

On 10/14/2021 at 12:51 AM, Lizardcommando said:

this one? I remember saw it on Wads and Mods forum

Just to confirm @MidnightMage, are we allowed to build monster teleporters outside of our square? I had assumed that everything had to be self-contained but square 11 has some outside teleporters. I'll tweak the trap in my square a bit if that's the case.

Hey stewboy, originally I'd expected everything would be contained within the square but I think having the playable area limited to 1024x1024 is sufficient. Teleports and control sectors outside is within the rules. By all means, feel free to modify your square.

I did open a small spot in your square to allow the player to drop down, it was one of a couple changes made to several squares to remove existing soft locks in the map. Just so you are aware. If you object, we can reverse these changes. By all means feel free to do edits.

Here's my edits - just kind of tweaking the trap a bit. I've kept that shortcut, definitely seems like a good idea.

I had a play through the whole map and I think it could have benefitted from a 'No BFG' rule - if you know where it is in advance and go for it as soon as possible, it makes most of the other squares extremely easy!

AngryQuilt2v30.zip

51 minutes ago, Lizardcommando said:

Yeah, that's it. It's a shame that it seems to have been abandoned.

I wasnt part of that one, yet there was another one as well that I WAS part of.

Not sure if I can provide a link though

EDIT

I found it...

Edited by CBM

5 hours ago, CBM said:

Lizardcommando said:

Yeah, that's it. It's a shame that it seems to have been abandoned.

CBM:

I found it...

Yeah I was part of that and made 2 out of the 25 squares. Most other people didn't complete their squares. I bump that thread every now and then but it has been dormant for a while though. Not officially abandoned yet though!

I'm making some adjustments to my square tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

Yeah I was part of that and made 2 out of the 25 squares. Most other people didn't complete their squares. I bump that thread every now and then but it has been dormant for a while though. Not officially abandoned yet though!

I'm making some adjustments to my square tomorrow.

the first of them was completed and uploaded to idgames, but the second one is stranded it seems.

I participated in the first one.

the confusing part is that they both have the same name for some reason

Just a notice to all mappers. By the end of next week I will post to idgames. If anyone wishes to change anything in their squares do so before this coming Friday. Thank you.

10 hours ago, stewboy said:

Stewboy posted the latest version. 

Made a few changes to my square:

AngryQuilt2v33.rar

----------------------

@MidnightMage, here's a few things I noticed, it may be good to give it a look before a release:

- Square 14 and 15 needs desperately of some ammo. Depending of the route you took, you can lose everything and not be able to progress.

- The Spider Mastermind on Square 16 can get stuck if you press the switch that elevates the bridge. Maybe you could put the switch on the bottom of the lava pit (so you will need to kill the spider to raise the bridge). Another idea is changing the bridge with a lift on the side of the blue door area. 

- Square 16 can get flooded with barons from Square 15 if you open the wooden doors earlier (on Square 11). That's actually very cool imo, but it may not have enough ammo to deal with them. Not sure if this is really a problem to be honest (as you can just enter on Square 15 by the other side), but it may be good to give it a look.

- This is more personal than ever, so feel free to just ignore it - but I think the Cyberdemon on Square 12 can be a bit unfair sometimes. If you are coming from Square 11, he can rocket you in the face before you can even see him (some extra time to react should be enough to solve it, imo).

Edited by Noiser